Fatal Pattaya Baht-Bus Accident Caused By Drunk Canadian

Rimmer

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is interesting that this idiotic offender is now referred to as "The Canadian".

It shows that the damage he has caused extends to bringing his countries name into reporting, and thereby, risking tarnishing that name. The same applied to Purcell ("The Australian") and the moronic Brit, Savage.

The fact remains that the nationality of the offender is irrelevant but inevitably will reflect on Falangs generally.

Born in Lebanon. They could just as well call him the Lebanese man, but Canadian is easier to say I guess.

Edited by canuckamuck

its a shocker!!!! - How do we know the canadian was drunk - what was the breath test results?

Look at the video - look at the guy doing cpr on the woman - he aint doing her any favours at all - count the compressions - 38 and still going with no breaths

Sad story!

For all intents and purposes he is really a Lebanese/Italian which in my experience only come second to Libyan/Italian drivers as the World's worst for driving fast and furious. According to the Thai newspaper it says he was also on the drug "Ice" and alchohol. As he would be used to driving on the right handside of the road and not the left, one can assume that is why he went anticlockwise around the roundabout.

Even if the BIB do not prosecute him, he is likely to face rough justice outside of the judicial system. I remember a friend who went to Pattaya with his friend aged 25, who was riding a motorbike and knocked down an old lady on the Jomtien Road (not his fault) and put her into hospital. He left Thailand and came back to the UK, but went back to pay the hospital bills even though I warned him to send the money and never to go back if he wanted to stay alive. Sure enough after he went back he was found dead in his hotel room of a "Heart Attack" at the age of 25. There are a lot of cases of rough justice in Thailand and Foreigners should be aware of it. If you have an accident and injure/kill someone, even if it is not your fault, do not ever come back, the families may seek vengance.

My condolences to the family of the poor lady that died. Wishing a speedy recovery to all those that were injured.

It is so sad that there are some people with a total disregard for the law. They must surely realise that drinking and driving is a lethal combination, but yet they still do it!!

The time has surely come, not only in Pattaya but in many other places in Thailand, that the police should put up check points so they can randomly stop people and breathalyse them.It won't stop everyone but if the deterent is there and it stops even just one more idiot from drink driving and killing innocent people it would be worth it.

I hope this guy gets a very very very long prison sentence

its a shocker!!!! - How do we know the canadian was drunk - what was the breath test results?

Look at the video - look at the guy doing cpr on the woman - he aint doing her any favours at all - count the compressions - 38 and still going with no breaths

Sad story!

Speeding with his car and speed in his body is enough, I guess. You should watch the video, they said he was drunk. So what's the point about any alcohol test results?

And I'd like to add that not everybody's good enough educated doing CPR.

have been all over the world and a lots of rowdy places. Pattaya was the only place I ever been and saw at 11 AM patrons falling off barstools on a regular basis.

This has to be the Sewer in the world not how it looks like but the people that hang out there.

Sodom-by-the-Sea is a tragic embarassment to Thailand and to Planet Earth.

Not because of this one accident, but because of the endless litany of sordid behaviors which flow out of that sewer, by thai, falang, and other foreigners alike.

With all due respect to decent people who live there, the place has been captured by the world's lowlife. It is imperative that the authorities get a grip on the place.

The way to start is by taking a heavy hand to long term foreign residents whose lifestyles are unacceptable. Cracking down on visa violators generally and denying long term visas to the idle would be among the policy prescriptions. Marrying a thai should never be reason enough to be granted a long term visa.

If the authorities dont flush this toilet, the stench will only worsen.

• Like 1

<snip>

denying long term visas to the idle would be among the policy prescriptions. Marrying a thai should never be reason enough to be granted a long term visa.

<snip>

Wait until you reach retirement age. You might change your tune.

Maybe the Canadian guy had simply been here to long and become accustomed to the 200baht police fine that so many TV members previously applaud as a fine system of justice. The one where for any infringement of the road laws you simply pay the BiB 200 baht and he lets you on your way. There have been discussions about it on here before. One popular opinion was that it beats the tight control systems of the west where you are heavily fined or imprisoned for drink driving, speeding etc. Anyway, it seems that we now want to lock the guy away for ever and throw away the key.

It is very sad about the poor innocents that were injured or killed anyway. I'll not offer my condolences or sympathies to their families though as I doubt they read TV.

• Like 2

Born in Lebanon. They could just as well call him the Lebanese man, but Canadian is easier to say I guess.

Canadian, born in Lebanon, with a name like "Francois Joseph Giannini".

Odd, to say the least.

No, it is NOT ODD. Not odd in the least to people from multicultural societies. Not defending this drunk at all, but leave his ethnicity/nationality OUT of this, please.

• Like 1

Unfortunately Pattaya Police is doing nothing against drunk driving. It is possible here to drive completely drunk, getting fined for, let me say not wearing a Helmet, stagger to the Police Station, pay your fine, go back to pick up your Motorbike and drive on.

It`s an absolute shame, but its Fun Town Pattaya, so they just let it go. Result you can see above....

Canadian, born in Lebanon, with a name like "Francois Joseph Giannini".

Odd, to say the least.

No, it is NOT ODD. Not odd in the least to people from multicultural societies. Not defending this drunk at all, but leave his ethnicity/nationality OUT of this, please.

Er, yes it is. Thank God I didn't say anything about his sexuality.

Sure hope the apparent drunken drive had a 1st Class insurance policy "for the victims' sake" as there are going to be some big hospital and compensation bills to pay. And if he did have a 1st Class insurance policy that usually comes with a high bail amount, that bail amount is probably the only thing that going to keep him out of jail until the trial.

With all the new CCTV cameras around Pattaya, especially in that exact location, do you mean to tell me this was not captured on video? :unsure:

1) Was the deceased baht bus driver also tested to see if he was drunk?

2) Was the baht bus also speeding?

There is no excuse for the Canadian, but these baht bus drivers speed through town, often drinking while driving (as do the motobike taxi drivers). I 'd like to see the video to see who is actually at fault or if it was a combo of the two, before I hung the Canadian out to dry. However, right or wrong, he will be cashing out the police and will probably go about on his way once their pockets are lined enough.

• Like 1

<snip>

denying long term visas to the idle would be among the policy prescriptions. Marrying a thai should never be reason enough to be granted a long term visa.

<snip>

Wait until you reach retirement age. You might change your tune.

in fact, mine is a retirement visa. i wouldnt have made the comment i did unless it affected me too.

so its much more likely that you will change your tune, one fine day...

Sure hope the apparent drunken drive had a 1st Class insurance policy "for the victims' sake" as there are going to be some big hospital and compensation bills to pay. And if he did have a 1st Class insurance policy that usually comes with a high bail amount, that bail amount is probably the only thing that going to keep him out of jail until the trial.

no matter what insurance you have, being over the legal limit INVALIDATES your insurance. same as not havimg a valid licence

Absolutely shocking, I just don't understand people that think they have a right to risk other people's lives by doing something so utterly stupid. It won't help the person that died but I hope this idiot feels the full weight of both the legal system and other compensation forms they have in place here in Thailand.

RIP to the deceased. I hope all those injured recover fully asap.

"Utterly stupid" driving goes on every minute of the day in Pattaya. These type of accidents are waiting to happen around every corner.

Unfortunately Pattaya Police is doing nothing against drunk driving. It is possible here to drive completely drunk, getting fined for, let me say not wearing a Helmet, stagger to the Police Station, pay your fine, go back to pick up your Motorbike and drive on.

It`s an absolute shame, but its Fun Town Pattaya, so they just let it go. Result you can see above....

A good idea to be home in bed at 4:00am. A disproportionate amount of bad things happen at that hour, given that more than 90% of the population is at home asleep.

Drunk driver causing an accident, how unexpected.

No, this is different. This is a farang drunk driver causing an accident.

They will throw the book at him, fine him milions of bahts or put him in jail for all eternity, if the man does not have the money to pay the fines.

Oh aren't we all jumping on the righteous indignation bandwagon about the bad FARANG who was drunk and speeding and killed people?

It is most certainly deplorable and I do not defend his actions whatsoever, but come on!

If this was an accident with a drunk and speeding Thai smashing his car into another Thai and killing him/her, it would not even register in the news. And it happens every day.

&lt;deleted&gt;! Its a tragedy but not news.

Perhaps we should expect higher standards from the Farang, especially since the farang is more vulnerable to the flexibility of Thai law enforcement, and should know better. - I believe they do have real driving tests in Canada.