Greenpeace To Visit

crusty

:rolleyes: Next week Rainbow Warrior 2, a three mast schooner will visit Samui. I can just imagine the Green Loonies crying with joy and hysteria as they jostle to get in front of the cameras and microphones looking like Greenpeace groupies. I betcha for the first time Samui Channel will cover this free of charge to try and get their mugs on the news channels. I just hope that during their visit, they anchor in protest below the Conrad development and protest the rape of Koh Samui to the world ! :angry:

They were here about 3-4 years ago.

Yes they have a pet project on Koh Taen, which they seem to have taken under their wing, They built and maintain a 5 km. elevated walkway through the pristine mangroves on the West side of the island. They will be visiting the site again which will take them past the Conrad aberration. Can't wait to read their assessment of Samui on this visit ! :(

Edited by crusty

Yes they have a pet project on Koh Taen, which they seem to have taken under their wing, They built and maintain a 5 km. elevated walkway through the pristine mangroves on the West side of the island. They will be visiting the site again which will take them past the Conrad aberration. Can't wait to read their assessment of Samui on this visit ! :(

Maybe a guided tour by Mayor Crusty and cabinet could be arranged to show them how much Samui has improved since their last visit. :D

I'm going to crank down the temperature on the air con units for the time they are here in protest. Instead of running them at 23-4 they will be at 18c. That will show them ! :D

I bet they wont be hard to spot on their visit either. Sandals, socks and all with beards, including the women :o with a naff T shirt. ;)

As minister for the environment I will be happy to show them round the island on the cabinets gas guzzling, 3 engined glacier melting speedboat :thumbsup: We can stop off at Koh Musum and chop down a few coconut trees and have a seafood BBQ including terriyaki dolphin steaks freshly caught from Khanum and a shed load of beers, bottles of course :D Then back to their transport that has been sitting on the pier with its engine running to keep the drivers cool to take them back to their own boat pier.

That should keep them from returning for a few years.

• Like 2

Yes they have a pet project on Koh Taen, which they seem to have taken under their wing, They built and maintain a 5 km. elevated walkway through the pristine mangroves

Last time I was there (about 2 months ago) the walkway (if it is the same one) was falling apart, was about as interesting as watching paint dry, and at low tide, was pretty much inaccesible to anyone inexperienced at mountain climbing.

Nonetheless, a 10 year round the world cruise paid for by your supporters can't be a bad thing. Where do I sign up?:D

I agree, I hope that they take a long hard look at the Conrad eyesore. It is disgusting and reflects a total disregard for the environment.

Didn't know it was a Greenpeace project who built the walkway through the mangrove on Koh Taen. It was pleasant and interesting when first built but when I visited last year it was falling apart and bloody dangerous. If they are going to carry out such projects they should at least maintain them. At the same time I hope that they will also take a

look at the mounds of rubbish on the edge of the mangrove which was dumped by the small development there.

I agree, I hope that they take a long hard look at the Conrad eyesore. It is disgusting and reflects a total disregard for the environment.

Didn't know it was a Greenpeace project who built the walkway through the mangrove on Koh Taen. It was pleasant and interesting when first built but when I visited last year it was falling apart and bloody dangerous. If they are going to carry out such projects they should at least maintain them. At the same time I hope that they will also take a

look at the mounds of rubbish on the edge of the mangrove which was dumped by the small development there.

One more thing......

I know it might not be politically correct amongst the Forum members here to express support for Greenpeace, but any group which stops the Nips from slaughtering whales gets my vote. :D :D

• Like 1

Maybe a guided tour by Mayor Crusty and cabinet could be arranged to show them how much Samui has improved since their last visit. :D

Yes and find out where the maintenance funds for the walkway went. Uh oh ! out of sight out of mind !

I'm going to crank down the temperature on the air con units for the time they are here in protest ... blah blah blah

Are you a XXXXX or what? I don't understand why you find it necessary to cut into a normal "conversation" with a

childish comment that doesn't even remotely contribute to this topic. You must have a lot of time at hand.

I pity you that this is the way you have to go through the day.

Edited by Rooo
Flame removed. Rooo.
  • Like 1

Yes and find out where the maintenance funds for the walkway went. Uh oh ! out of sight out of mind !

Maintenance fund!!!....What maintenance fund??? :huh::ermm:

One more thing......

I know it might not be politically correct amongst the Forum members here to express support for Greenpeace, but any group which stops the Nips from slaughtering whales gets my vote. :D :D

Agreed Gator, they certainly did a great job stopping the Jap Whalers again this season. Full credit to them on that one. :D

I'm going to crank down the temperature on the air con units for the time they are here in protest ... blah blah blah

Are you a XXXXX or what? I don't understand why you find it necessary to cut into a normal "conversation" with a

childish comment that doesn't even remotely contribute to this topic. You must have a lot of time at hand.

I pity you that this is the way you have to go through the day.

Another poster here who seems to switch off his sense of humour when he logs onto TV. If you had been following any of the posts on this forum you might understand but I very much doubt it. get a life of some sort. Sorry but got to go now as the freshly clubbed dolphin steaks are burning on the BBQ

• Like 1

-----snip

Sorry but got to go now as the freshly clubbed dolphin steaks are burning on the BBQ

Dolphin steaks and you didn't invite me. MEDIUM.jpg

Poorsucker I would have invited you if we had managed to club the mother dolphin but only managed to get the baby so not enough steaks to go round. Next time we go though will keep you in mind :D

-----snip

Sorry but got to go now as the freshly clubbed dolphin steaks are burning on the BBQ

Dolphin steaks and you didn't invite me. MEDIUM.jpg

Poorsucker I would have invited you if we had managed to club the mother dolphin but only managed to get the baby so not enough steaks to go round. Next time we go though will keep you in mind :D

You should have borrowed Screaming Eagles' Soi Dog Baseball bat. :lol: