Cheap Charlies In Pattaya Exclusive Thread

syd barrett

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get your drinking water from one of the dispensers inside banks?

:D:D:D

Anyone noticed how they took away the glasses so you could not get free water at the drinking water cooler at the food court in Carrefour?

Just take in your own bottle and fill up at the cooler before you eat, and top it up again before you leave to take with you.

ride about looking for ballons outside bars--------parties and go in and say to whichever lady appears to be boss ' i am meeting a friend-----mick / john / dave-----any name ------here he told me about this place yesterday and how good a bar it is so i will have a drink and wait for him '

then get the cheapest drink and tuck into the grub---------------you need to be doing this about 8 pm ish--------finish drink and say " well he hasnt turned up i will go to 7 to top up my phone and ring him '

then b****r off sharpish like to the next one

i only know the aon in tesco north can you tell me the others i didnt think was any more

Aeon at carrefour ground floor last ATM on left on run to toilets

Aeon at Homeworks south pattaya -outside front door to the right

thanks for that

SB

If you are going to save B1000 per month buying Red Horse, that is 22 cases a month @ 6% alcohol, how do you even manage to find your way home, much less the liquor section at Carrefour?

25 cases per month as a rule, but some beer is for visiting friends/family not all for me, but I tend to be a steady drinker throughout waking hours rather than a binge drinker intent on getting drunk in say 4-5 hours.

Some tips to live as a cheap charlie in Pattaya, Part I:

1. Forget about renting a room , just get a cardboard box and sleep under the flyover at the base of Thappaya road or at similar locations;

2. There is no charge to wash in the sea, I recommend Pattaya beach and you can shit in the water(everyone else does);

3.But if you want a bit of luxury can use the public toilets in the likes of Royal Garden, Central etc, and there is nothing to pay;

4. Spend your day in the free air conditioning of the shopping malls;

5. Food halls in the aforesaid shopping places have many customers leaving plates with food on them, so you can eat for free.

-Forget baht buses as easy to walk to all the destinations listed above.

Part 2, my guide to cheap charlie free sex follows later.

Edited by R123
  • Like 1

SB

If you are going to save B1000 per month buying Red Horse, that is 22 cases a month @ 6% alcohol, how do you even manage to find your way home, much less the liquor section at Carrefour?

25 cases per month as a rule, but some beer is for visiting friends/family not all for me, but I tend to be a steady drinker throughout waking hours rather than a binge drinker intent on getting drunk in say 4-5 hours.

I hope you save all the empty bottles,place them back in the box,and them take them to the local recycling yard, so you can get some money back :)

I used to do that with all the old newspapers, beer bottles,aliminuim beer cans,coke cans,plastic eveain bottles etc etc saved over a couple of months out of the house,used to get an average 100 to 150 bt back,sad innit :D

Some tips to live as a cheap charlie in Pattaya, Part I:

1. Forget about renting a room , just get a cardboard box and sleep under the flyover at the base of Thappaya road or at similar locations;

2. There is no charge to wash in the sea, I recommend Pattaya beach and you can shit in the water(everyone else does);

3.But if you want a bit of luxury can use the public toilets in the likes of Royal Garden, Central etc, and there is nothing to pay;

4. Spend your day in the free air conditioning of the shopping malls;

5. Food halls in the aforesaid shopping places have many customers leaving plates with food on them, so you can eat for free.

-Forget baht buses as easy to walk to all the destinations listed above.

Part 2, my guide to cheap charlie free sex follows later.

Although I suspect your tips, # 1 & 2 are jokes, your tips 3,4, & 5 have a serious logical sense.

I often use the toilets in Royal Garden because they are clean and have toilet tissue for free and liquid soap and hand dryers and it saves arguments with the Mrs. regarding unpleasant bathroom odours following Red Horse beer and cheap Thai food.

I am not alone in killing a few hours sitting on the wooden benches in Shopping Malls reading newspapers/magazines/paperback books in the hot months, before meeting friends in local bars.

As far as eating peoples scraps; that is more for the down-and-out rather than 'Cheap Charlies' like myself. I have witnessed such behaviour and I am sure that the food is esculent, but I won't be doing that until the baht is less than 40 to the British Pound.

SB

I hope you save all the empty bottles,place them back in the box,and them take them to the local recycling yard, so you can get some money back :)

I used to do that with all the old newspapers, beer bottles,aliminuim beer cans,coke cans,plastic eveain bottles etc etc saved over a couple of months out of the house,used to get an average 100 to 150 bt back,sad innit :D

Yes: 12 Bottles in good condition (large)= 8 baht

Yes: 10 kg of paper= 7 baht

In the five years of living in Pattaya almost every cheap charlie type character I have had the misfortune of coming across have all been either bitter or hate the Thais or themsleves or all three together, strange that.

None of them have been the smiling type full of the joys of spring or have anything remotely instresting to say other then how life is so crap with a face like their last partner screwed them over for every penny they had.

In the five years of living in Pattaya almost every cheap charlie type character I have had the misfortune of coming across have all been either bitter or hate the Thais or themsleves or all three together, strange that.

None of them have been the smiling type full of the joys of spring or have anything remotely instresting to say other then how life is so crap with a face like their last partner screwed them over for every penny they had.

So they put you off your beer and save you money?

When their is a special sporting event on the television requiring a special license to watch. Go early to the bar showing the sporting event. This way you and your date can get the best seat in the house. Order one bottle of water and two glasses please. Be sure to say thank you when your refreshment arrives. Then nurse your drink all night long.

"I'll have one bottle of water please, and two glasses. Thank you."

Edited by philliphn

If you're heading out to the bars, knock out 2 or 3 wanks first. smile.gif

The girls won't look so good and you'll not bother to take one, hence you save money and the AWOTAM ( Another Waste Of Time And Money ) feeling that you'll probably get if you do. rolleyes.gif

You are not allowed to wank ,no work permit the immigration police will have you.

If you're heading out to the bars, knock out 2 or 3 wanks first. smile.gif

The girls won't look so good and you'll not bother to take one, hence you save money and the AWOTAM ( Another Waste Of Time And Money ) feeling that you'll probably get if you do. rolleyes.gif

You are not allowed to wank ,no work permit the immigration police will have you.

my old fellow told me, god nest his soul, that if you want a good fuc* leave the drink behind I was 38 before I copped on.

it takes time and Jimmy Hendrix.

I'm gonna have a jam session ill probably get busted at my own funeral and when I die, just keep playing the blues.

syd toilet paper

Instructions

Things You'll Need:

* Roll of toilet paper

Ask participants to sit in a large circle.

Pass the roll of toilet paper around the circle and instruct participants to take as much as they like. Do not answer any questions about why they need the toilet paper or how much they should take.

Instruct the participants to count the number of toilet paper squares they are holding.

Select a participant to start the game by telling as many facts about himself as he has squares of toilet paper. For example, if a participant has 3 squares of paper, he must share 3 facts about himself with the group.

Tips & Warnings

Examples of personal facts participants might share include how many children they have, where they were born or their shoe size.

If a participant takes a strand of toilet paper with many squares, do not let him avoid answering the requisite number of questions. He'll have to speak for quite a while to account for all of his squares. But this just means that the other participants will learn even more about him, which is the purpose of the game

Toilet Paper Icebreaker

For this icebreaker game, all you will need is a full roll of toilet paper.

* The leader of the meeting takes the roll of toilet paper and pulls off several squares before handing the toilet paper to another person and asking them to do the same.

* Once everyone in the room has taken some toilet paper, everyone counts the number of squares that they have and then tells everyone in the room that many things about themselves. For example, if someone has three squares, they share three things about themselves.

Edited by Bizz

SB

You mean you prefer to spend 24 hours with a buzz on rather than sober up and thereby save the cost of the paracetamol.

Hey, I'm with you guys/gals all the way. The reason that I will retire at 50 is because I know how to get good deals. Been buying property in America for about 20 cents on the Dollar.

I was talking to a couple of thais the other night at a chicken stand. I told them, that my thai partner and I were looking for a Townhouse here. I said under 600,000 THB. She laughed in my face while rudely pointing at me. But, in reality, there were probably zero Thais with that kind of cash within a kilometer.

Here is a CC Tip. If you have the overnight layover for 6 hours at Suvarnbhumi; take the free shuttle to the bus terminal, where there is a mini-mart and a park. I was able to get my mobile phone going, called home, and had a few beers in a grassy area. Then took the free shuttle back at 5am for the first flight to CNX.

It beats the hel_l out of airport bars.

I'm a big fan of Aeon, too. Works like a champ. Thanks to the TV members for pointing that out to me.

• Like 1

I would like to share with everyone the fact that Carrefour (Pattaya Klang) has the best refrigerated section of offal in Pattaya.

Everything can be found here, tripe, intestines, pigs feet, sweetbreads, pig's snouts, kidney, liver, brains, everything.

It is all priced very cheap and I bought a delicious Pigs Cheek for 20 baht that after cooking was good for three hearty meals.

Offal is the way to go.

Edited by syd barrett
  • Like 1

I would like to share with everyone the fact that Carrefour (Pattaya Klang) has the best refrigerated section of offal in Pattaya.

Everything can be found here, tripe, intestines, pigs feet, sweetbreads, pig's snouts, kidney, liver, brains, everything.

It is all priced very cheap and I bought a delicious Pigs Cheek for 20 baht that after cooking was good for three hearty meals.

Offal is the way to go.

Have you really seen sweetbreads (veal)in Carrefour or was that just a generality, if so what section did you see them. I do heart, liver, tongue and sweetbreads found everything but sweetbreads in in Thailand. I even buy Brahma hump meat. (not ofal but unusual

Offal is the way to go.

Have you really seen sweetbreads (veal)in Carrefour or was that just a generality, if so what section did you see them. I do heart, liver, tongue and sweetbreads found everything but sweetbreads in in Thailand. I even buy Brahma hump meat. (not ofal but unusual

I think I'm going to... :sick:

Offal is the way to go.

This is where you really should be able to read Thai.

The sign says "Pet Food only - Not fit for human consumption!" :lol:

• Like 1