Building Materials (Home)

Hi, all. In the us we have the ubiquitous Home Depot and Lowes where not just decor but materials can be found inexpensively and in great quantity/variety. What is the equivelent in Thailand? I want to find materials to first build a rowboat then work up from there to my next sailboat project and a houseboat.

Thanks!

- J

Simple... There isn't any equivalent.

The closest you will come will be HomePro, HomeWorks, and HomeMart along with a few other smaller operations.

They are neither inexpensive nor have materials in great quantity/variety.

My guess since your are trying to build a boat, talk to boat supply/repair shops in your area where to obtain materials.

If you are Bangkok based there are a lot of second hand places who recycle timber, tiles and fittings. There is one about 50 metres before Boonthavorn on Ratchadaphisek. There are also a lot of boat materials and timber (recycled) along the road to Nakhon Nayok (the long straight prior to the left kink and the traffic lights). Goof luck.

Edited by asiawatcher

Best place I have found so far is Global House. The ones I have been to are bigger and better than the HomeDepots and Lowes we have back in the US.

Please tell. Where is a Global House?

I don't mean to be rude, but google Global House Thailand. I've got some kinda crazy cold. Extreme sore throat and now progressing to felling like crap....wifey had it last week and now it is my turn.

Their site has locations listed, which are all over thailand. Really, really, really nice store. Recommended to me by a great TV mod, Rimmer!