• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 64

S/E Asian Thai Consulates going to eVisa online system effective Tuesday Oct 8th

2. 329

And so the exodus of quality expats begins. This time it's personal

3. 49

Trump's Claim of Gaza Visit Draws Scrutiny Amid Factual Discrepancies

4. 49

Trump's Claim of Gaza Visit Draws Scrutiny Amid Factual Discrepancies

5. 70

Words sentences that are offensive

6. 1,056

Its Happening - Law to Tax Overseas Income Now in Progress

7. 24

Sending food back to the kitchen?

8. 8

Harris mingled with Tehran regime operative who promotes terrorism

9. 34

Oh Beloved Bangkok, How So You Have Changed...

10. 66

DeSantis Pushes Back on Climate Change’s Role in Stronger Storms

11. 273

Why is the MAGA movement so susceptible to crazy conspiracy theories?

12. 66

DeSantis Pushes Back on Climate Change’s Role in Stronger Storms

13. 8

Harris mingled with Tehran regime operative who promotes terrorism

14. 273

Why is the MAGA movement so susceptible to crazy conspiracy theories?

World Animal Day In Chiang Mai

dave2

In a country where on the wet markets they put living frogs on the barbecue, cut fish up in pieces while alive, transport pigs in terrible small cages under the burning sun, where they let buffaloes suffer by a rope trough their nose to make them obedient and break the mind of baby elephants by ritual torture, I'm not impressed by this 'just another nice headline for the ignorant people' shullbit.

In Thailand, approximately 3,800 of the country's estimated 5,000 endangered Asian elephants are in private hands. Most are used as tourist attractions in elephant camps where they are forced to perform circus tricks and give rides. PETA U.S. has uncovered the horrific torture that is routine in Thailand's secret "training" camps. Still-nursing baby elephants are literally dragged from their mothers, kicking and screaming. They are immobilized, beaten mercilessly, and gouged with nails for days at a time. These ritualized "training" sessions leave the elephants badly injured, traumatized, or even dead. Peta - Stop abuse of baby elephants
Edited by bangkokcitylimits

bangkokcitylimits.

i might be wrong here but people all over the world are holding similar events in many countries on sunday

to help educate people and help stop some of the things you describe so i realy dont see the point of your post

people are already trying to encourage people to take better care of animals .... what more do you want ?

dave2

ps ... i cared about this thai cat but it died : (

post-42592-000753600 1285934444_thumb.jp

• Like 1

bangkokcitylimits.

i might be wrong here but people all over the world are holding similar events in many countries on sunday

to help educate people and help stop some of the things you describe so i realy dont see the point of your post

people are already trying to encourage people to take better care of animals .... what more do you want ?

dave2

ps ... i cared about this thai cat but it died : (

At least it's something yes, agree. But I wonder are there any related educational activities on all the schools too, like visiting a farmer, dog rescue center or animal hospital ? If not then what is the benefit ?

However, I doubt if will make them realize that their 'toy dogs' are animals too, lol

re ..... I wonder are there any related educational activities on all the schools too, like visiting a farmer, dog rescue center or animal hospital

i dont know about all schools or other towns but in chiang mai some kids are encouraged to learn about animal care , welfare etc by their teachers.

last tuesday three groups of kids were brought to a mass cat , dog , rabbit etc steralization of any animal bought there by anyone free.

the staff from the agricultural department of cmu and lanna dog rescue volenteers all give their time free.

three officials taked to them all and some were given cirtificates for something to do with animals but i dont know what coz i dont speak thai.

they then wandered around watching the vets / helpers etc while stuffing their faces as kids do

the agr dept staff and helpers from lanna dog rescue have been doing the same in many tessabans ( areas ) temples , village halls etc in and around chiang mai for years to help animals

i hope this answers you question and if you want to throw a few baht in care for dogs , lanna dogs or gills cat steralization donation boxes tomorrow i will be very happy

enjoy pics ... dave2

ps ... kids pic blured to keep the pc brigade off my back

post-42592-011397900 1285997092_thumb.jp

post-42592-030697700 1285997116_thumb.jp

post-42592-023309300 1285997142_thumb.jp

post-42592-045697400 1285997167_thumb.jp

post-42592-028062900 1285997197_thumb.jp

post-42592-065070400 1285997220_thumb.jp

In a country where on the wet markets they put living frogs on the barbecue, cut fish up in pieces while alive, transport pigs in terrible small cages under the burning sun, where they let buffaloes suffer by a rope trough their nose to make them obedient and break the mind of baby elephants by ritual torture, I'm not impressed by this 'just another nice headline for the ignorant people' shullbit.

In Thailand, approximately 3,800 of the country's estimated 5,000 endangered Asian elephants are in private hands. Most are used as tourist attractions in elephant camps where they are forced to perform circus tricks and give rides. PETA U.S. has uncovered the horrific torture that is routine in Thailand's secret "training" camps. Still-nursing baby elephants are literally dragged from their mothers, kicking and screaming. They are immobilized, beaten mercilessly, and gouged with nails for days at a time. These ritualized "training" sessions leave the elephants badly injured, traumatized, or even dead. Peta - Stop abuse of baby elephants

I quite agree with you. Since they can't immediately make everything perfect, why start doing anything at all? :crazy:

/ Priceless

• Like 1

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Dave2,

Enjoyed your post, and think attending that event will be a great way to help support, and encourage, those Thais who are trying to "make a difference."

To those who posted on the brutality of the "breaking" of elephants: guess what: it's always been done that way (which does NOT make it humane); a major difference was that in ancient times the vast elephant hunts carried out by Ayudhyan monarchs, like King Narai, and others, captured every elephant they could drive into stockades including adult female and bull elephants. And even harsher methods were used to break adults and train them for hauling, logging, and (for the biggest and the best, the most fiercesome bulls) warfare. The elephant was the "tank" of ancient South-East Asian warfare, the bulldozer of construction.

Perhaps you would have like to seen the popular tourist site in the Chicago stockyards in America around the time (1893) of the Columbia Exposition: visitors could observe droves of hogs driven up a ramp onto what was termed "the bridge of sighs," where cuffs dangling from a long circular chain were attached to the the hogs hind-legs, and then the chain descended, festooned with screaming, dangling hogs down to the killing zone. (cf. Erik Larson, "The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America" ... by the way the historical novel [immaculate research] is the story of America's own "Jack the Ripper," one H. H. Holmes who killed between 27 and 200 people during the time period of the Exposition, most young women).

Unfortunately Thailand is not unique in world nations for its brutalaity towards animals used for utilitarian purposes. Now the way dogs are treated here ... better we not get started on that ...

best, ~o:37;

• Like 1

To those who posted on the brutality of the "breaking" of elephants: guess what: it's always been done that way (which does NOT make it humane);

"it's always been done that way" ... doesn't mean people have to continue with outdated training techniques. Since a couple of decennia there has been done so much research on animal behavior and humane training techniques that it is REALLY time to change. There are NO excuses anymore to support these outdated and very inhumane training techniques.

bkcl.

re ... I see, good initiatives indeed ... :(

orang 37 .... : )

re ... Enjoyed your post, and think attending that event will be a great way to help support

thanks for that and heres a few more pics of a saved dog and animals not in chains , being beaten or abused to enjoy

athenas story.

a careing thai noticed a dog outside a shop not moving , eating or doing anything for days so she called lanna dog rescue

they called me to go and see he dog and i watched it for a few days and it still never moved

the following day we collected the dog now called athena by lanna dog management and took it to the vets

athena was examined , a blood sample taken and the result was she had a parasite in her blood which would have eventually killed all her red blood cells and killed her

after 4 days of care at the vets she was picked up and taken to lanna dogs home where today after daily medicine for a month shes now better

and lanna dogs paid for all her care from donations.

enjoy pics .... dave2

post-42592-026111500 1286074241_thumb.jp

post-42592-058226400 1286074272_thumb.jp

post-42592-043821200 1286074450_thumb.jp

post-42592-059958700 1286074488_thumb.jp

post-42592-078426400 1286074520_thumb.jp

post-42592-019984000 1286074692_thumb.jp

bkcl

no reply ? ..... i wonder why

no bahts from you for thai animal care then

dave2 : (

I do applaud all these positive efforts, but wonder when Thailand will ever catch up to the rest of the world in terms of effective ADVANCE publicity?

Many more thousands of baht(s) would have been raised if this special Day had been professionally promoted, well in advance. And I really mean promoted to we foreigners. I know that the radio can give Thais less than 24 hours notice of a rock concert at Thapae Gate and the place will be heaving.

Most of we farangs need a little more than that.