Why I Don'T Teach My Gf English

mark45y

Hey Mark I have confidence that you will get the alphabet sussed out in less than a month, it actually isn't very tough.

I got it done with flasgcards in a couple of weeks.

But Isn't your girlfriend afraid that she will lose you to another Thai if you become too educated?

Would that be a huge loss to her :whistling:

When I am not single handedly winning wars I am a fun guy. I understand the passions of Thai people (from another thread). I like sanuk. I smile all the time and take pratfalls and like sight gags. I tell simplistic jokes that make young children and Thai people laugh. I buy really cheap moonshine and distribute it freely, am a good cook and really like young women. I am a Thai good time with a one distinctively falang attribute that is better left unsaid. She would be crushed if we parted.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mark I have confidence that you will get the alphabet sussed out in less than a month, it actually isn't very tough.

I got it done with flasgcards in a couple of weeks.

But Isn't your girlfriend afraid that she will lose you to another Thai if you become too educated?

Would that be a huge loss to her :whistling:

When I am not single handedly winning wars I am a fun guy. I understand the passions of Thai people (from another thread). I like sanuk. I smile all the time and take pratfalls and like sight gags. I tell simplistic jokes that make young children and Thai people laugh. I buy really cheap moonshine and distribute it freely, am a good cook and really like young women. I am a Thai good time with a one distinctively falang attribute that is better left unsaid. She would be crushed if we parted.

hehe harry...why are people so unkind? :cheesy: (couldnt find a kamahl smiley)

you'd think these young whippersnappers would appreciate Marksky winning the war single handedly...otherwise we'd all be eatin ..... now

errr.....ooops :lol:

I'll Never Grow Up from the musical Peter Pan (1954)

And if it means I must prepare

To shoulder burdens with a worried air,

I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up

I won't grow up.

Not a penny will I pinch.

I will never grow a mustache,

Or a fraction of an inch.

'Cause growing up is awfuller

Than all the awful things that ever were.

I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up,

(etc.) -- My Favorite! -- the 1954 prduction starred the pricelss Cyril Ritchard

Edited by jazzbo

^^^ Err, whats that got to do with the price of eggs in Pattaya? :blink:

If I may be so bold as elaborate on behalf of jazzbo.

After a makeover in the mid-50s " Peter Pan - The Musical " opened to rave reviews from both critics and public alike. Flushed with the success of the production producer Edwin Lester immediately set about writing a sequel. Unfortunately " Peter Pan, 2 Girls and 1 Cup - The Musical " wasn't as well received and quickly bombed after opening in 1958.

Inconsolable Lester quickly became a wanderer, wandering the earth like David Carradine in " Kung <deleted> " ( obviously not literally following in Carradine's footsteps by being found dead in a closet after a quick wank where a game of " Turning The Gas Off " went a bit wrong ).

During the 60s Lester found himself on the " Hippie Trail " and ended up in what was then the sleepy fishing village of Pattaya. Upon arrival and in need of sustenance he stopped at the nearest food stall and ordered some well deserved grub. When the bill arrived he was shocked to discover that he'd been charged 10 baht for a fried egg. As this was more than 40 years prior to the commencement of the Thai Visa forum there was no place for him to banally vent his anger about " rip-off Thais " ad nauseum so he decided to take matters into his own hands and open his own restaurant in the area serving delicious egg based dishes at reasonable prices undercutting the competition by quite a large margin.

He was found dead in mysterious circumstances about 2 months later.

It is widely believed that he was murdered by the local police general at the time who was known to be the owner of the largest egg farm in Chonburi.

BTW I thought of Kuhn Pan when I read the words I tell simplistic jokes that make young children and Thai people laugh but forgot about the eggs in Chonburi connection

BTW2 ... with a one distinctively falang attribute that is better left unsaid. She would be crushed if we parted... Maybe she'd then have to find herself a Nigerian on Soi Nana

Mr. Guesthouse who I read all the time but hardly ever agree with suggested some follow up to posts by the OP.

He wanted to know how things turn out after all of the initial discussion.

I can see that.

So what happened to my English less, Thai only speaking GF.

She went out to play cards with some friends at noon. She came home at 9 the next morning.

I gave her some money and sent her home.

I don't know if she actually went out playing cards or had a boyfriend or turned a trick.

I think it is a good rule of thumb if a women who is your significant other stays out all night that she be banished to the hinterland, in this case Phetchabun.

It is not like I threw her to the wolves as she has a recently remodeled home there and a small farm and family.

Will there be a replacement? I don't know. My fate is cast to the winds.

I went out last night to drown my sorrows in a can of coke zero. I had a good night.

Breaking up in Thailand I have discovered is not as emotionally draining as breaking up in Falangland.

Mr. Guesthouse who I read all the time but hardly ever agree with suggested some follow up to posts by the OP.

He wanted to know how things turn out after all of the initial discussion.

I can see that.

So what happened to my English less, Thai only speaking GF.

She went out to play cards with some friends at noon. She came home at 9 the next morning.

I gave her some money and sent her home.

I don't know if she actually went out playing cards or had a boyfriend or turned a trick.

I think it is a good rule of thumb if a women who is your significant other stays out all night that she be banished to the hinterland, in this case Phetchabun.

It is not like I threw her to the wolves as she has a recently remodeled home there and a small farm and family.

Will there be a replacement? I don't know. My fate is cast to the winds.

I went out last night to drown my sorrows in a can of coke zero. I had a good night.

Breaking up in Thailand I have discovered is not as emotionally draining as breaking up in Falangland.

Nailed by irony, just when your relationship seemed to have moved up a level.

Commiserations.

So you have a perfect excuse for not teaching her english now...she is not there. Sorry about your loss as I sense you had a fairly comfortable relationship but I agree with your actions. There is a time it is better to end cleanly.

So you have a perfect excuse for not teaching her english now...she is not there. Sorry about your loss as I sense you had a fairly comfortable relationship but I agree with your actions. There is a time it is better to end cleanly.

I have broken up with Thai women before. It was a mess. Violence, threats, cleavers and thrown china.

This was a lot easier. I think because she thought it her fault for staying out all night.

She didn't even ask me for money. I gave her some but not because she asked. I wanted to make sure she had enough for the bus and a month of living up North.

Not because I am a nice guy did I give her money but because I realize people without money are desperate people.

I changed the locks ten minutes after she left. I should move and change my phone number too. But that is a hassle so I'll deal with any problems if they arise.

I think I'll rent a little one room crash pad in Pattaya for emergencies. And I don't like to travel with suitcases.

I think it is a good rule of thumb if a women who is your significant other stays out all night that she be banished to the hinterland ... I guess that makes sense unless you pay for her rental room elsewhere in the neighborhood so she can hang-out with her friends and after quality time with you leave you in peace and solitude a la Picasso ..

Sounds like oppression out of fear of losing your gal. So you are an old man with a much younger and uneducated lady who you feel will leave you one day when the gravy train is slowing down and feeding you baby food 2 times a day and changing your diapers gets to be a bit boring?

Knot on a log? Why would you continue to put someone in such a position? In considerate m8 you are and a terrible husband.

Sounds like oppression out of fear of losing your gal. So you are an old man with a much younger and uneducated lady who you feel will leave you one day when the gravy train is slowing down and feeding you baby food 2 times a day and changing your diapers gets to be a bit boring?

Knot on a log? Why would you continue to put someone in such a position? In considerate m8 you are and a terrible husband.

Are you talking to me? You aren't real good at reading are you.

I am not married. I haven't been married for 20 years and don't plan on getting married.

I had a vasectomy 25 years ago and have had no children since. All my kids are fine, educated and happily in a job or married with children of their own.

Or are you talking to some one else?

• 2 months later...

Well...It only took me two days to read this thread(off and on). This is the best thread that I have read on TV. Mark I like your style. I am your Junior by a few years, but I like the way you think about things. I plain on living in LOS in a few years. Perhaps we can meet up sometime. O...I wanted to ask if their were any updates to your relationship with your G/F? MS

Edited by monkeystrong

Couldn't get past the OP: if it's not a joke it's severely effed up so many levels. Not the least of which is the absurdly ignorant historical revisionism...

Yeah, the Thai elites wanted the Americans out (despite the fact they had made and were making HEAPS of money off the situation) because they were worried about the status quo (that America was maintaining and protecting -- both by accident and design and not without some justification, given the alternatives); not because of the domestic and geoplitical situation at the time.

Right.