LOSHonda

Black CBR250R ABS 120k

Mitryont Intergroup

Honda/Yamaha Dealer

Nakhon Nayok

Tel: Pawadee

081-3726717

037 311789

Stopped here on Monday to make some adjsutments and they confirmed the price as 120k

Maybe the look on my face will make them change their minds but call and see.

The shop is opposite the Labour Office.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still cant find these bikes? On my ride from nst to bangkok i passed several dealers, and saw lots of cbrs... Outside hua hin i saw 3 in the window of one shop- so just go out and look... Ps... Only four and a half months left untill i will sell mine...

, like i said the rims will go black next week, i will anodize them. More resistant than paint.

Any more info on this? Price? And ease of finding a competent anodizer?

I undecided whether to go black or that deep dark looking gold for the rims.

Thanks.

I've seen some decent looking 250RR's for sale around Thailand. Usually under 50k thb. But as with all second hand imported bikes that can be 20+ yrs old, you have to decide if it (and everything that might come with it - lousy parts, unmaintained etc etc) is worth it.

As an everyday commuter who needs reliability, unless I personally knew the buyer and the bike for sometime I'll rather pass and save on probable future headaches.

Edited by hehehoho

, like i said the rims will go black next week, i will anodize them. More resistant than paint.

Thanks.

powdercoating. stronger than anodizing and looks cool. Spoonman knows where to do in Rayong/bkk area

Black CBR250R ABS 120k

Mitryont Intergroup

Honda/Yamaha Dealer

Nakhon Nayok

081-3726717

037 311789

Stopped here on Monday to make some adjsutments and they confirmed the price as 120k

That's what I paid for my black ABS bike, there are more dealers than people think selling for this price.

I've seen some decent looking 250RR's for sale around Thailand. Usually under 50k thb. But as with all second hand imported bikes that can be 20+ yrs old, you have to decide if it (and everything that might come with it - lousy parts, unmaintained etc etc) is worth it.

As an everyday commuter who needs reliability, unless I personally knew the buyer and the bike for sometime I'll rather pass and save on probable future headaches.

Yes i agree.

However the 250RR I am considering, has been re-built professionaly so is done right. (not by somchai in the corner shop)

Prices here in Australia are a different level compared to Thai prices. (the new CBR250R is almost twice the Thai price here) Saving about 50,000 baht from a new model bike while gaining an impressive performance gain is a big factor in my decision which way to go. (I still havent made up my mind yet)

The traffic here is mostly V8 and big 6s so way faster, especially away from lights etc than in thailand. I suspect the new model would be struggling to keep up. Where as the older model does have the performance I think is required.

I was also considering a CBR600 (which is my preference) but cost limitations mean I could only get an older high milage one and that puts it back into the unreliable scene again.

I was intending to buy a new 250 ABS when i was living in Thailand, which is I think a great bike for Thai traffic, but a serious medical problem ment an urgent trip to Aust. It seems like Im going to be here a while and need wheels to get around so......hence the looking at options.

I have (still) in Thailand a CBR400 that I rebuilt over a couple of years........cost me about 160,000 baht. (Gulp) Its for sale and I think I will be lucky to get 60,000 even tho its all rebuilt, many many new replacement parts, and new late model fairings etc....Looks great.

Thanks.

powdercoating. stronger than anodizing and looks cool. Spoonman knows where to do in Rayong/bkk area

Great. Any idea on average price?

Yes i agree.

However the 250RR I am considering, has been re-built professionaly so is done right. (not by somchai in the corner shop)

Prices here in Australia are a different level compared to Thai prices.

Yes, outside of Thailand it is of course a much different story with regards to second hand larger bikes that were legally sold there.

In a place like Aus I would probably go for a used 250RR over the new model no worries.

I have (still) in Thailand a CBR400 that I rebuilt over a couple of years........cost me about 160,000 baht. (Gulp) Its for sale and I think I will be lucky to get 60,000 even tho its all rebuilt, many many new replacement parts, and new late model fairings etc....Looks great.

I'm interested- please tell me more! :)

Yes i agree.

Prices here in Australia are a different level compared to Thai prices. (the new CBR250R is almost twice the Thai price here) Saving about 50,000 baht from a new model bike while gaining an impressive performance gain is a big factor in my decision which way to go. (I still havent made up my mind yet)

The traffic here is mostly V8 and big 6s so way faster, especially away from lights etc than in thailand. I suspect the new model would be struggling to keep up. Where as the older model does have the performance I think is required.

I was also considering a CBR600 (which is my preference) but cost limitations mean I could only get an older high milage one and that puts it back into the unreliable scene again.

I was intending to buy a new 250 ABS when i was living in Thailand, which is I think a great bike for Thai traffic, but a serious medical problem ment an urgent trip to Aust. It seems like Im going to be here a while and need wheels to get around so......hence the looking at options.

Even I wouldn't recommend a new Honda CBR 250 over the old "RR" version....

There was an older 250RR for sale that I looked at last year here in CNX. Started it up and the engine sounded good, but it would have taken a lot of time & money to really fix it up right. Nearly everything down to the frame would have had to been replaced. The guy said he'd take my black 150 (last of the old models) and 30k. I laughed and told him give me the 250 and 30k for my 150 and we might have a deal.

If I did find one at a decent price, I would be very tempted to get it, then take it to a shop I know of. Small shop, but the guy is a total bike lover and restores older bikes, especially Honda, with loving care. Speaks good English, and from my conversations with him, he's one of the few I'd trust to do something like that.

Ok, I'm 172cm & 64kg, and let's say I'm maintaining a speed of 120kph, according to the speedometer, over a distance of say 5 kilometers on a flat road. Any "guestimates" as to what my actual speed would be?

Oh, the bike is strictly stock, which means IRC originals.

At 64 kg your weight + the bike's weight = 224 kg or 493 lbs. Tyres aired up to 28 psi means your contact patch will be a total of 17.6 in2. Assuming you balance your weight perfectly that means each tyre has 8,8 in2 of contact surface. This is ~2,4 in2 more contact or approximately 18,4% deflection of sidewall also expressed as a 57 mm sidewall. At 120 km/h your tach should be reading 8000. According to my figuring, your actual speed should be right around 105 km/h...

Ok, I'm 172cm & 64kg, and let's say I'm maintaining a speed of 120kph, according to the speedometer, over a distance of say 5 kilometers on a flat road. Any "guestimates" as to what my actual speed would be?

Oh, the bike is strictly stock, which means IRC originals.

At 64 kg your weight + the bike's weight = 224 kg or 493 lbs. Tyres aired up to 28 psi means your contact patch will be a total of 17.6 in2. Assuming you balance your weight perfectly that means each tyre has 8,8 in2 of contact surface. This is ~2,4 in2 more contact or approximately 18,4% deflection of sidewall also expressed as a 57 mm sidewall. At 120 km/h your tach should be reading 8000. According to my figuring, your actual speed should be right around 105 km/h...

Ok, Thanks, Dave.

As I said, I was just curious, and math is NOT my strong suit by any stretch of the imagination. lol.

At 75kg and tyres at 28psi I read 100kph @ 6000rpm. 117 @ 7000rpm.

I haven't noted 8000rpm but 8,400rpm = 140kph and 150kph is 9000 - 9,100rpm.

On the odo, so no idea how accurate it is, only what it shows.

From motorcycle-usa.com (this is the old carb'd Ninja)

When it comes to outright engine power and acceleration the single-cylinder Honda still has some way to go to catch the Kawasaki Twin. It’s nearly a second slower to 60 mph and up top it hits a wall shy of 90 mph whereas the green machine will almost nudge 110 mph with the right conditions (downhill, no wind). In side-by-side roll-ons the Ninja was also noticeably quicker.

The biggest difference is the cruising speeds on the freeways. The Honda has to work harder in order to keep pace on the freeway once you reach that 55-65 mph range, running near top speed and vibrating more than the Ninja 250. This makes it tougher to pass when the time comes, as one isn’t left with much breathing room to get around the faster cars ahead. The Kawasaki isn’t exactly a high-speed racer, but it does give a few thousand more rpm to play with when overtaking slower traffic.

“The vibration, especially between 5000-7000 rpm, is much more on the Honda. It feels rough,” Dawes states. “The Honda just struggles more when the speeds increase, making the Kawasaki a far superior bike on the freeway. It just feels safer.”

This is selective quoting on my part as there are also some positives for the CBR in the review as well, although most of them are a result of the FI vs. carb issue which doesn't exist in Thailand as the Thai Ninja is also FI.

From motorcycle-usa.com (this is the old carb'd Ninja)

When it comes to outright engine power and acceleration the single-cylinder Honda still has some way to go to catch the Kawasaki Twin. It’s nearly a second slower to 60 mph and up top it hits a wall shy of 90 mph whereas the green machine will almost nudge 110 mph with the right conditions (downhill, no wind). In side-by-side roll-ons the Ninja was also noticeably quicker.

The biggest difference is the cruising speeds on the freeways. The Honda has to work harder in order to keep pace on the freeway once you reach that 55-65 mph range, running near top speed and vibrating more than the Ninja 250. This makes it tougher to pass when the time comes, as one isn’t left with much breathing room to get around the faster cars ahead. The Kawasaki isn’t exactly a high-speed racer, but it does give a few thousand more rpm to play with when overtaking slower traffic.

“The vibration, especially between 5000-7000 rpm, is much more on the Honda. It feels rough,” Dawes states. “The Honda just struggles more when the speeds increase, making the Kawasaki a far superior bike on the freeway. It just feels safer.”

This is selective quoting on my part as there are also some positives for the CBR in the review as well, although most of them are a result of the FI vs. carb issue which doesn't exist in Thailand as the Thai Ninja is also FI.

That shootout in japan on the racetrack showed the honda to be superior on all but the top speed. So that is not that bad. I must say what they are describing is not what i feel when im on the bike i still feel its quite easy to go faster then 65mhp but im pretty sure they are right about the 90mhp wall, not that i have tried it so far. Think fastest i went was 84 mphp and there was still power to go faster.

When that motorcycle-usa.com review first came out the videos were sponsored by Kawasaki! But of course we can trust that there wasn't any journalistic bias at all. :whistling:

Also in the video one of the test riders basically declares that the ABS is dangerous and wouldn't recommend it for beginners. Another says "The Kawasaki feels like a real motorcycle" and the CBR "feels like a toy". Gee, i wonder if these guys own Kwakas! I can't recall anyone else complaining about the engine vibration of the CBR, maybe there is a difference when jump from one bike to the other.

Strange, with an earlier video it was nothing but praise, probably due to reading the Honda press release! :lol:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/1002/Motorcycle-Video/2011-Honda-CBR250R-First-Ride-Video.aspx

Nearly all black. Thanks to SumetCycle for the black fairing parts!

One thing to notice is that the side pieces are not gloss black, its plain matt plastic same like the piece under the seat. But i like :D Rims will follow.....

post-77479-0-92718700-1302937341_thumb.j

post-77479-0-63573300-1302937350_thumb.j

post-77479-0-55427300-1302937358_thumb.j

post-77479-0-65133400-1302937365_thumb.j

post-77479-0-33501000-1302937373_thumb.j

Wow, it came out really nice Hili. I think I'll have to do the same to my bike. I can't wait to see how your rims look in black. Thanks for everything.

Brian

Black CBR250R ABS 120k

Mitryont Intergroup

Honda/Yamaha Dealer

Nakhon Nayok

081-3726717

037 311789

That's what I paid for my black ABS bike, there are more dealers than people think selling for this price.

If you can post some phone numbers that would be great. I tried phoning 'Mitryont Intergroup' above with no luck. They apparently only have a Red, Non ABS available.

I have cash waiting for a dealer who wants to sell a Black ABS for 120k. I have been round Chaing Mai and most of BKK with out much luck. Either the price is ridiculous (140k+) or there is a waiting list 'x' months long.

I am happy to literally walk in and buy it cash down.

Interesting experience today. I went back to the shop where I found the tires I want to get for the 150 (Bridgestones), because I wanted to talk to the owner about something else. First time I was there I noticed a few thing. 1) Shop is clean. 2) Good quality tools - clean and organized. 3) Some very nice looking, fully restored bikes. My impression was that this is a man who loves bikes, loves rebuilding them, and does it with dedication and love.

Today I told him I was thinking of trying to find the old model CBR 250R and having him restore it. He laughed and told me it was - past tense - a great bike, but finding one now would not be easy, and finding one that would not have to be rebuild from the ground up almost impossible, at least in Chiang Mai. He's got about a dozen bikes, with 5 for sale that he's rebuilt, and the rest he's working on. He's got a beautiful VFR that a man wants to buy, but he won't sell it - yet. Said he's put over 30,000 baht into it, but will still need to put another 30,000 into it before he'll think of selling it. He said he told the guy who wanted to buy it, he could, but if the bike broke down in a week, don't call him and complain. Otherwise, wait till he was finished and knew the bike wouldn't break down after a month or two. My god, an honest Thai!!!

He then told me that if I wanted a good, all purpose bike that handled well in the city, and was good for trips anywhere in Thailand, a bike I could get serviced anywhere in Thailand if something did happen to break, or break down, go buy the new Honda CBR 250. I hadn't even mentioned that bike, only the old model 250R.

He then told me that if I wanted a good, all purpose bike that handled well in the city, and was good for trips anywhere in Thailand, a bike I could get serviced anywhere in Thailand if something did happen to break, or break down, go buy the new Honda CBR 250. I hadn't even mentioned that bike, only the old model 250R.

The only bike legally available in it's class that offers such torque, isn't a dog two up and isn't anemic when under 9000rpm.

Is an advisable buy.

I have cash waiting for a dealer who wants to sell a Black ABS for 120k. I have been round Chaing Mai and most of BKK with out much luck. Either the price is ridiculous (140k+) or there is a waiting list 'x' months long.

To be fair, demanding the exact colour scheme, model, and the price is a bit much in an under-supplied market.

Black CBR250R ABS 120k

Mitryont Intergroup

Honda/Yamaha Dealer

Nakhon Nayok

081-3726717

037 311789

If you can post some phone numbers that would be great. I tried phoning 'Mitryont Intergroup' above with no luck. They apparently only have a Red, Non ABS available.

I am happy to literally walk in and buy it cash down.

Try Mitryont Intergroup's other shop.

037 313359

The only bike legally available in it's class that offers such torque, isn't a dog two up and isn't anemic when under 9000rpm.

Is an advisable buy.

Um, if torque is what you're after the 250cc Kawasaki D-Tracker beats both the Honda CB"R" 250"R" and the Kawasaki Ninjette 250 with 20.5 N·m (2.1 kgf·m) @ 7,000rpm (And that's BEFORE you de-restrict it)-

dtracker_feature.jpg

I'm not sure what "class" the Honda CB"R" 250"R" occupies, but if it's a 250cc sport bike you're after I'd say spend a bit more and get the Kawasaki Ninja 250R. :)

ninja250r_feature.jpg

We all know the Ninja 250R revs higher and has more horsepower, but I'm not sure about the torque figures so just looked them up.

I thought the CBR 250 had "a lot" more torque than the Ninja 250R but Wikipedia has the Ninjette with just 1 Ft-lb torque less than the CB"R" 250"R"

Kawasaki Ninjette:

Maximum power 26.4 hp @ 11,000 rpm (rear wheel)

32 PS (23.5 kW) (crank) [13]

Maximum torque 13.6 ft·lb (18.4 N·m) @ 9,750 rpm

Honda CB"R" 250"R":

Power 23.7 hp (17.7 kW) @ 9,900 rpm[1]

Torque 14.65 ft·lb (19.86 N·m) @ 6,750 rpm[2]

Let the Good Times ROLL! :lol:

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Um, if torque is what you're after the 250cc Kawasaki D-Tracker beats both the Honda CB"R" 250"R" and the Kawasaki Ninjette 250 with 20.5 N·m (2.1 kgf·m) @ 7,000rpm (And that's BEFORE you de-restrict it)-

dtracker_feature.jpg

I'm not sure what "class" the Honda CB"R" 250"R" occupies, but if it's a 250cc sport bike you're after I'd say spend a bit more and get the Kawasaki Ninja 250R. :)

ninja250r_feature.jpg

We all know the Ninja 250R revs higher and has more horsepower, but I'm not sure about the torque figures so just looked them up.

I thought the CBR 250 had "a lot" more torque than the Ninja 250R but Wikipedia has the Ninjette with just 1 Ft-lb torque less than the CB"R" 250"R"

Kawasaki Ninjette:

Maximum power 26.4 hp @ 11,000 rpm (rear wheel)

32 PS (23.5 kW) (crank) [13]

Maximum torque 13.6 ft·lb (18.4 N·m) @ 9,750 rpm

Honda CB"R" 250"R":

Power 23.7 hp (17.7 kW) @ 9,900 rpm[1]

Torque 14.65 ft·lb (19.86 N·m) @ 6,750 rpm[2]

Let the Good Times ROLL! :lol:

We get it, you like the Ninja 250"R" (see I can post as infantily as anyone!). As far as the D-Tracker is concerned, the 20,5 N-m is only equal to 15.1 ft-lb. And assuming that's at the crank, let's take it down to the industry average of 85% at rear wheel and you end up with only 12,9 lb-ft.

Furthermore, that rating for the CBR seems to come from a dyno, as shown in the following comparison between the two bikes whereas the Ninja's seems to be measure at the crank for Wikipedia's ratings.

36378d1294674516-will-cbr-250r-kill-ninja-250r-sales-dyno.jpg

So in real life, in Thailand, the CBR puts out 14% more peak torque....

Oh, and if you're concerned about what class the CBR belongs in it is the same as the Ninja, since they're both beginner's bikes with the Ninja 250"R" having 33% of sales going to WOMEN and 62% going to first time buyers in the States (which means <deleted> all in LOS, but you do love pointing out what bikes do in the States, so it's only fair for you to acknowledge this point also).

**edit**

Added link.

**edit two**

I looked up a dyno for the D-Tracker; couldn't find one. However I see it and the KLX-250 use the same engine (well same bore/stroke don't have any information about cams or other parts), and the chart has me off by 0,8 lb-ft; or if Kawi's claims are correct it appears that the engine used in those bikes has ~9% drivetrain loss...

KLX250SF_DYNO_CHART.JPG

Edited by dave_boo

What an "R's" h..... Thanks for that Dave. The engine in the D - t "r" acker ( sorry, couldn't stop myself ) and KLX are exactly the same. I tried a D- tracker once on a decent run over the mountains. Can't say I noticed that much, if any torque and was more than dissapointed with the lack of speed. The shame of not being able to overtake a really old toyota truck on a long, clear, slight uphill was one of the most depressing experiences of my motorcycle career to date. In my mind I I can still see the woman driver and her two kids looking at me and wondering what I was doing as I sat along side them at 90 kph with the throttle pinned waiting to see if I could crawl past them. I don't think I would have the same problem on the Honda disregardless, of where or how many " R's" it has .

Edited by jackjones

What an "R's" h..... Thanks for that Dave. The engine in the D - t "r" acker ( sorry, couldn't stop myself ) and KLX are exactly the same. I tried a D- tracker once on a decent run over the mountains. Can't say I noticed that much, if any torque and was more than dissapointed with the lack of speed. The shame of not being able to overtake a really old toyota truck on a long, clear, slight uphill was one of the most depressing experiences of my motorcycle career to date. In my mind I I can still see the woman driver and her two kids looking at me and wondering what I was doing as I sat along side them at 90 kph with the throttle pinned waiting to see if I could crawl past them. I don't think I would have the same problem on the Honda disregardless, of where or how many " R's" it has .

Sounds like an asthmatic Phantom....

Phantom? I actually did ride one around the block for a friend because he was worrying about it making a strange noise. It was an experience, is all I can say, although it did feel solid and planted with good balance. I wasn't used to the cruiser riding position. Don't know and didn't really want to know how it would have coped with hills and traffic. But they are certainly popular. Diplomatic answer?