Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Nobody in the United States would consider a 250 road bike of any sort anything but a beginner bike, a learner bike, a short-person bike, or a commuter bike. Here in Thailand it will certainly attract many Thais for whom it will represent a new world - moving up, with a clutch, gears (6!) and "great" speed.

I think you may be missing the fact that the Ninja 250R is the best selling bike in many states in the USA, and in Australia, and no doubt other parts of the world too. There is no argument with best selling. Honda wants a piece of this, and it's a world-wide market.

You're right about the positioning in Thailand vs. the USA - but that's basically marketing. What matters to Honda are sales, and those will be significant all around the world. This is not a "made for Thailand" bike.

BTW I think comparisons with 600 or larger bikes are totally pointless. Apples and Oranges...

Edited by nikster

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody in the United States would consider a 250 road bike of any sort anything but a beginner bike, a learner bike, a short-person bike, or a commuter bike. Here in Thailand it will certainly attract many Thais for whom it will represent a new world - moving up, with a clutch, gears (6!) and "great" speed.

I think you may be missing the fact that the Ninja 250R is the best selling bike in many states in the USA, and in Australia, and no doubt other parts of the world too. There is no argument with best selling. Honda wants a piece of this, and it's a world-wide market.

You're right about the positioning in Thailand vs. the USA - but that's basically marketing. What matters to Honda are sales, and those will be significant all around the world. This is not a "made for Thailand" bike.

BTW I think comparisons with 600 or larger bikes are totally pointless. Apples and Oranges...

Actually it's Kawasaki's best selling bike....IIRC correctly the Harley Sporster is the best selling bike in the States...but your caveat about 'many states' is difficult to ascertain.

Tastes do indeed change over time. If someone would have told me 15 years ago that I would be catting around on a 150 cc bike, I would have laughed until I turned blue!

What cycle are you talking about?

The Thai CBR150 is 125 cc.

The Thai CBR was (old model) 150cc and the to be released new 150 is also 150cc

Honda Thailand do produce the CBR 125 but for Ero countries only. Not available in Thailand.

Thanks Visions! Sometimes folks don't know what they don't know, and I consider myself in that category most of the time.

This new bike (I hate to even call it a CBR) is great for a person looking for a commuter bike that is fuel efficient. I thought Honda would try for a performance machine akin to the CBR-250RR which is a hoot to drive. Someone put out a link

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/New-bikes/2010/October/oct2710-honda-cbr250/

and I couldn't agree more with what commenter coombs says about it.

Also.... Did you notice on the video from RichardBKK at 2:02 that they tested this bike in Thailand?

Of course, Honda has to think and build globally. I sure missed acknowledging that.

Looking at the Asean market, however, and not just Thai, (or European or N. American): Everybody here in the trade group is accepting 250's as (eventually) import-duty free. That is a burgeoning market here and going (hopefully) to continue to be in the region. And a single sells for less - by a lot for Asians who are entering this market. If the price difference is going to be greater than a 40% increase for a twin, I'm thinking that Honda has positioned itself again in just the place to catch the profits.

Admittedly, these are sports bikes, but it may be that the name Honda, taken with a big cost advantage (as Thai buyers, at least, must see it), outweighs a lesser performance advantage. I have no idea how big the market is for 250's here, but if big, then I'd have been thinking single all along - had I been made to guess.

Both Honda dealers closed today. As usual. When they introduced the Wave Fi AT, they hired the entire entry space of a big mall. Free test rides (limited oval). Prizes. Free refreshments. Rats.:D

(Certainly the biggest selling bike in the little-bike market is a Ninjette. All those short people, beginners, advancing learners, and so on have to start somewhere. But if you count 250 cc bikes at Lead or Deadwood...^_^

Edited by CMX

Actually it's Kawasaki's best selling bike....IIRC correctly the Harley Sporster is the best selling bike in the States...but your caveat about 'many states' is difficult to ascertain.

No, in Australia it was the best selling bike in 2009 which is the most recent data I could find.

Harleys are the overall top sellers in the US, but there were some states where the Ninja 250R was on top for sports bikes- I was surprised too. Can't find the link for that right now though - I think it was something like registrations per state, not sure.

But the point is - they're selling very well. There's obviously a market for this class of bike.

I look at it like this. It boils down to 3 points.

1) Do I like it?

2) Does it suit my needs?

3) Can I afford it?

If you answer "yes" to those questions, who cares what anyone else thinks or doesn't think?

:lol:

+1

Why would you care about anything else. Ignore the naysayers.

One thing I forgot to mention yesterday.....just a small point but significant plus....

One of the "dislikes" of my old model CBR 150 is that in the wet the water from the front tyre heads straight for my feet and lower legs.

The new cowlings have width to them allowing the rider to tuck in behind, so I think will shelter the legs from rain etc and just guessing but i think the angle from the front tyre to the feet is different enuf to miss also.

Even though I'm a bit disappointed with the spec, that's a great price if 100,000 baht is confirmed. I saw somewhere that this will sell at around 4100 pounds in the UK - even with the strong baht/weak pound that makes it twice the price of Thailand.

So what we know is that the 250 Kawa is a twin with 25% more power than Honda's (counterbalanced) thumper, 33/26

This small Ninja costs about 45% more - 147.5k vs 100.5 – OR if the Honda has ABS, about 30% more.

Weights are about equal when Honda adds ABS. Range should not differ greatly.

IF our local cnx dealer's behavior is explained by his having closed from view over ½ of his storefront on Saturday (and blocking with trucks through Sunday), we may have a gala opening today. Maybe. And why is there not a first month promotion, with 10% off – and for the 150 as well? Hey Honda. p-r-o-m-o-t-i-o-n? Ever hear of it?? (Not that I want another bike.)

Say, is this Much Ado About Nothing?

Edited by CMX

Deadwood, Black Hills, South Dakota

Hoghead and Slim were lining up for arm wrestling again. Each wore a shirt cut off at the elbows, and their tattoos were hard to see because of the hair, and anyway, the tat's were old. Looking at his hands and nails, you could see that Hoghead had to mess with his chain again. His hair is wild, beard too, and his vest bears chains. He's big as a bear, stoops some.

Slim is built sturdy, though. (Seeing their forearms, you wonder who would win.) Maybe in an earlier life, he was called "Slim," but now he is a tough looking fireplug. Bald for a good while, he still wears a graying pigtail, and for riding only a bandanna. Except for the Confederate Battle Flag, his have skulls. Nobody, when he could hear it, has ever called him Fireplug.

Speaking of which, Harley Sewell from Sheridan, Wyoming (a day-trip) comes in and hollers, "HEY! Who's drivin' a Ninja...(pause) Um." To be heard, he raises his voice. "A two-fifty, I guess, over by the fireplug? There's some as_hole deputy gonna give it a ticket!"

There is silence in the Biker's Outpost Bar and Grill for the first time in a week, that time when Hoosegow busted the bigger end of the only house #18 pool cue that was any good over an Easterner's head, thank God for the hat. Even the only folks who are not wearing denim, being locals and dressed up, and the waitresses, are stopped dead. Wrestling stops. The two-step in the corner stops. Drinking stops!

A single figure detaches itself from a mug of beer at the bar and walks out, boots clopping on the old wood floor. When the swinging doors slow, there is laughter. Laughter in the Outpost. Hilarious laughter. It slows. One of the two-steppers whispers, with difficulty, "Two-fifty!" The bar dissolves again. Women are screeching. Hilarity rules. No sooner does it slow than someone hiccups or something and it starts again.

The sputter is not heard. Away into the night whines a mosquito, its beer unfinished. :D

Edited by CMX

IF our local cnx dealer's behavior is explained by his having closed from view over ½ of his storefront on Saturday (and blocking with trucks through Sunday), we may have a gala opening today. Maybe.

May also explain why the dealer on Sukhumvit in BKK was closed on Saturday PM. As for 250's in Wyoming. There are a few 250's in the US of Hog.

There are 1 or 2 NSR's there. Only 250 agreed but Moto2 had to go to 600 to keep up!

my local honda dealer BKK Theparak area said they will get a 250 show bike by tomorrow. Anyone found a conclusion handlin/ feeling/ riding of the bike, cause on that honda show some ppl were allowed to drive isn't it?

Hummm, interesting conversation about 10:00 this morning at the Honda dealer on Huay Kaew Road in C.M.

She said they will be getting the CBR 250 in about 2 weeks, but not getting the 150 at all. Not sure about the reasoning behind that. But will check with other dealer later and see what they say. Could be similar to Yamaha. One dealer handles bikes up to 125, but for 135 and BIG bikes, you have to go to the dealer on Huay Kaew next to the mall.

my local honda dealer BKK Theparak area said they will get a 250 show bike by tomorrow. Anyone found a conclusion handlin/ feeling/ riding of the bike, cause on that honda show some ppl were allowed to drive isn't it?

The only bikes at the show were on display stands and not able to be ridden at all. I was lucky and hopped on one to "feel" what it felt like but was soon told to get off.

But the "Glam Girls" were allowed all over them. Maybe I wasnt attractive enough? wink.gif

Realy did think bad idea on Honda's part to not have anyone to talk to about them tho.

Edited by visions

This bike should never have been given the name CBR. Associating this thing with a sports machine and it has nothing in common. Its just as wrong as it is to call the Kawasaki ER6-F a Ninja. The name Ninja of the latests Kawasakis belong to the ZX models; ZX6R, ZX9R, ZX10R, ZX12R and ZX14R and should never have been on the ER6-F.

For sure some younger guys should start up with a bike like the CBR250 for a year or two before going to bigger cc and faster bikes. But that wont justify it to be a great bike. Neither will some farang's opinion without much bike experiance and not willing to spend more than 100-150.000 on a bike justify it to be a great bike. If so then all bikes will be great bikes. You will always find people with a need or a preferance to a bike brand or a model. If some JRD bikes are problem free for some hundred users, then its a great bike. Thats just rubbish! For them it might be a useful bike, but a great bike, never.

As much as a 100.000 USD custom bike could be an awsome and great bike but with very few buyers this +100.000 Baht bike will not be a great bike but with high sales.

One poster said people buying bigger bikes with big hp for just posing and showing off. Thats some dumb comment. If you think thats the case with most big bike owners and I think you are way off in your understanding of bikes. Most owners of big bikes know what they want and what to expect. Yes there are some mid life crisis guys that are buying coupe sport cars and big bikes to deal with that, but trying to generalise such a thing because of a few people its just being plain dumb. If you really dont think there is more to biking than a 26hp CBR walrus then I guess the CBR is the bike for you. But its not a great bike.

Now, not counting for beginners and I would say its exactly the other way around for someone that will apreciate and love a bike like this 250 year after year. Its actually you who are the wannabies. Its more you who wants to be that sport machine CBR guy when buying this R-looking bike but which is only cheap, heavy and underpowered.

Tell me whats great about a bike like this and please leave out Thai peoples economy or take the discussion onto that level. We are talking bikes.

If owning this bike you will definately still need the scooter for the daily the stop and go shopping and short distances. Using the heavy CBR for this and I think one would get tired of the whole bike in a week.

Taking it out on open roads weighing 80-90 kg and going at 120 kmh and you do an acceleration test with those 26 hp. That will confirm what bike you just got yourself.Take a gf with you and some bags and it will be a bloody laugh being almost almost useless. It will be more of a struggle do drive it and with absolutely no fun, and which is exactly the opposite of what biking should be. It falls between a scooter and the real thing.

What it should have been is a twin and with 40-45 hp. Then it would have made some sense.

No matter what market this bike is made for and the facts can not be denied. This is a slow and heavy budget bike but wrap'ed in R-looking plastics.

Just wait for comments to pop up after it gets out there. Underpowered, no fun and not worth it will be my guess.

This bike should never have been given the name CBR. Associating this thing with a sports machine and it has nothing in common. Its just as wrong as it is to call the Kawasaki ER6-F a Ninja. The name Ninja of the latests Kawasakis belong to the ZX models; ZX6R, ZX9R, ZX10R, ZX12R and ZX14R and should never have been on the ER6-F.

For sure some younger guys should start up with a bike like the CBR250 for a year or two before going to bigger cc and faster bikes. But that wont justify it to be a great bike. Neither will some farang's opinion without much bike experiance and not willing to spend more than 100-150.000 on a bike justify it to be a great bike. If so then all bikes will be great bikes. You will always find people with a need or a preferance to a bike brand or a model. If some JRD bikes are problem free for some hundred users, then its a great bike. Thats just rubbish! For them it might be a useful bike, but a great bike, never.

As much as a 100.000 USD custom bike could be an awsome and great bike but with very few buyers this +100.000 Baht bike will not be a great bike but with high sales.

One poster said people buying bigger bikes with big hp for just posing and showing off. Thats some dumb comment. If you think thats the case with most big bike owners and I think you are way off in your understanding of bikes. Most owners of big bikes know what they want and what to expect. Yes there are some mid life crisis guys that are buying coupe sport cars and big bikes to deal with that, but trying to generalise such a thing because of a few people its just being plain dumb. If you really dont think there is more to biking than a 26hp CBR walrus then I guess the CBR is the bike for you. But its not a great bike.

Now, not counting for beginners and I would say its exactly the other way around for someone that will apreciate and love a bike like this 250 year after year. Its actually you who are the wannabies. Its more you who wants to be that sport machine CBR guy when buying this R-looking bike but which is only cheap, heavy and underpowered.

Tell me whats great about a bike like this and please leave out Thai peoples economy or take the discussion onto that level. We are talking bikes.

If owning this bike you will definately still need the scooter for the daily the stop and go shopping and short distances. Using the heavy CBR for this and I think one would get tired of the whole bike in a week.

Taking it out on open roads weighing 80-90 kg and going at 120 kmh and you do an acceleration test with those 26 hp. That will confirm what bike you just got yourself.Take a gf with you and some bags and it will be a bloody laugh being almost almost useless. It will be more of a struggle do drive it and with absolutely no fun, and which is exactly the opposite of what biking should be. It falls between a scooter and the real thing.

What it should have been is a twin and with 40-45 hp. Then it would have made some sense.

No matter what market this bike is made for and the facts can not be denied. This is a slow and heavy budget bike but wrap'ed in R-looking plastics.

Just wait for comments to pop up after it gets out there. Underpowered, no fun and not worth it will be my guess.

Just curious.......Have Honda contacted you about being their chief product advisor yet???

Just curious.......Have Honda contacted you about being their chief product advisor yet???

You should just keep on posting why this bike is so great rather than post such a rubbish line of words. You obviously knows nothing about bikes or have any feel for it.

You former posts about skilled teck mech if owning an imported bike and its almost not worth commenting. Its just a statement that you dont know your way around in Thailand or anything about these bikes. I said you dont need a tech mech nearby, meaning there is very seldom need for one if your bike is rather new. Its is more than 20 years ago when the first CBR1000F and the VFR750F came out and some bike magazines opened these engines to check for wear after 100.000 km. So what did they find, nothing, more or less no wear so just put it back together and ride on. A GSXR1000 K1 can take a 300 hp turbo kit on without change of internals. So you think these bikes dont have quality do you.

And brakes, shocks ,fluid, bearings, electrics etc is that so different on a thai made 250 vs an imported 600 or a 1000 cc that a Thai cant do it? You are hilarious.

But yes if you go to the deepest dead end soi out in farmer land with your wrecked YZF or GSXR engine, dont expect that old thai guy changing tires there to fix it for you.

There are actually more than enough capable Thais to repair and service big bikes in Thailand. The thais I know and hang out with in Bangkok and they all know who can do and where the best ones are. Many are into racing big bikes here and some have older R bikes with bore up kits and tuned with cams etc bought from abroad. What you normally face as a problem when going into a Thai mechanic shop without much experiance to big bikes is that he will try to fix your bike with the old parts or local parts modified as they dont know where to source new parts from.

I also dont think you know how many imported big bikes that are in this country. 15 years ago before my time here it was even more as you didnt have the registration fee. But that was fixed by Honda and Yamaha Thailand as the grey importers became competitors to the small bike scene. If you only knew how many VFR400 that has been in this country. This bike including many other models have also been re-exported out of Thailand in the numbers of thousands. I my self also built NC30's here and exported them from Bangkok.

I have fully built engines in some of my bikes and engines being built for me now as speaking. One of my good Thai friends is running the biggest fiberglass production for big bikes in Thailand, he also have done custom work for Honda Thailand and it is through him I was introduced to all the people that knows their stuff here. In Bangkok I also use the Honda AP sponsored racing team when building the smaller engines as I then have access to some custom parts that others doesnt.

To you I would say; screw you and what you know about the bike scene in Thailand.

An advice; You just buy that CBR250 and ride on happy as ever as you never will notice any difference or know any better.

Why go on and defend this bike as if it was a bike made from your company when there is nothing good about it? Take it for what it is and call it a pile of shit. 26 hp, you need to seriously check your brain

You should just keep on posting why this bike is so great rather than post such a rubbish line of words. You obviously knows nothing about bikes or have any feel for it.

You former posts about skilled teck mech if owning an imported bike and its almost not worth commenting. Its just a statement that you dont know your way around in Thailand or anything about these bikes. I said you dont need a tech mech nearby, meaning there is very seldom need for one if your bike is rather new. Its is more than 20 years ago when the first CBR1000F and the VFR750F came out and some bike magazines opened these engines to check for wear after 100.000 km. So what did they find, nothing, more or less no wear so just put it back together and ride on. A GSXR1000 K1 can take a 300 hp turbo kit on without change of internals. So you think these bikes dont have quality do you.

And brakes, shocks ,fluid, bearings, electrics etc is that so different on a thai made 250 vs an imported 600 or a 1000 cc that a Thai cant do it? You are hilarious.

But yes if you go to the deepest dead end soi out in farmer land with your wrecked YZF or GSXR engine, dont expect that old thai guy changing tires there to fix it for you.

There are actually more than enough capable Thais to repair and service big bikes in Thailand. The thais I know and hang out with in Bangkok and they all know who can do and where the best ones are. Many are into racing big bikes here and some have older R bikes with bore up kits and tuned with cams etc bought from abroad. What you normally face as a problem when going into a Thai mechanic shop without much experiance to big bikes is that he will try to fix your bike with the old parts or local parts modified as they dont know where to source new parts from.

I also dont think you know how many imported big bikes that are in this country. 15 years ago before my time here it was even more as you didnt have the registration fee. But that was fixed by Honda and Yamaha Thailand as the grey importers became competitors to the small bike scene. If you only knew how many VFR400 that has been in this country. This bike including many other models have also been re-exported out of Thailand in the numbers of thousands. I my self also built NC30's here and exported them from Bangkok.

I have fully built engines in some of my bikes and engines being built for me now as speaking. One of my good Thai friends is running the biggest fiberglass production for big bikes in Thailand, he also have done custom work for Honda Thailand and it is through him I was introduced to all the people that knows their stuff here. In Bangkok I also use the Honda AP sponsored racing team when building the smaller engines as I then have access to some custom parts that others doesnt.

To you I would say; screw you and what you know about the bike scene in Thailand.

An advice; You just buy that CBR250 and ride on happy as ever as you never will notice any difference or know any better.

Why go on and defend this bike as if it was a bike made from your company when there is nothing good about it? Take it for what it is and call it a pile of shit. 26 hp, you need to seriously check your brain

Why does it bother you SO much what bikes people like to ride and whether or not it's a 'real' bike according to you?! Can't you just let people enjoy themselves without having to type an essay about what makes a real bike!

Strange rep[y to a simple question??

Wow you are a very lucky guy to be so knowledgeable. I dont profess anything like that level of skill and freely admit to it.

If you had read my earlier posts I also own a "big " bike (and looking at buying another new one) but so happens the piddling wee Honda CBR 150 gets me where Im going (my daily commute) as fast as a big bike can because of the traffic density...and costs a hellava lot less to run.

Both points why Im happy to have a small underpowered suedo sport bike. It is much more suited for my commute than a scooter type, and a bigger cc bike.

it would be a good bet that Honda expect to sell far more CBR250s than all of Honda's bigger bikes added together. So Im not alone in my thinking.

Who am I to question what label/name Honda put on their bikes. I will buy what I feel is right for my application whatever they call it.

But of course with your superior knowledge of bikes I would happily listen to your advice on what I should be riding to suit the conditions I ride in.

In no way am I questioning your skills or knowledge or riding ability. In fact the opposite, I always admire higher knowledge and skill.

Take a gf with you and some bags and it will be a bloody laugh being almost almost useless. It will be more of a struggle do drive it and with absolutely no fun, and which is exactly the opposite of what biking should be.

Strange I used to take my "gf" on my NSR150R also with 27hp and it would cruise at 140kph all day long. Haven't ridden the CBR 250 new or old so can't comment on it as a bike but I do know is is more fun to ride a small bike fast than it is to ride a big bike slow.

Motorcycling is about travelling on two wheels having fun along the way. Anything else is a bonus.

As for new 250 being a great bike I think the term great should be reserved for the late Kim Il-sung.

Name Dropping and poor English

Edited by VocalNeal

T'birds report tends to support my view that some bikers (big bikers in the U.S.) think that the priorities in defining a "great" bike should include primarily power and speed - and high speed handling with sports bikes. I think T'bird makes valid points, if I accept his definition, which is kind of winning the argument by framing the question in the first place, particularly if you don't credit enormously successful bikes (Honda Cub??) as being great.

Most people in the world who ride on two motorized wheels want an inexpensive, reliable, and easily fixed bike. For most people in the world, speed hardly enters into the equation. But the most reliable, durable, and economical bike on the planet is not great, because it can't win races against a "real" bike??

Other people's points of view are easy to dismiss when discussing machinery. But who is to dismiss the (dated) engineering that went into the cub? Happiness reigned for many millions. What's that to the relative few who race today, some of whom come off as angry inside?

Everything vs. (all but) Nothing

Edited by CMX

Why does it bother you SO much what bikes people like to ride and whether or not it's a 'real' bike according to you?! Can't you just let people enjoy themselves without having to type an essay about what makes a real bike!

'Where did I say I care about what bike people rides .Actually I dont give a dam_n as its up to them what they choose to go ahead and buy. But when I see people on bikes like JRD' s that are a few years old and barely hangs together and I do feel sorry for them and that they didnt turn to someone with some knowledge and got some advice. I belive that bikes of that quality andeven if they would be 2/3 of the price of a Honda or Yamaha and no country needs them.

And you should be happy that someone do write an "essay" sometimes to hand over some information about what are facts about certain things. But hey, if you are happy to ask someone with no knowledge before buying a bike; Do you know if this is a great bike? Answer; yes!

And then you are ready to buy, well thats fine.

How long can you drive fast in Thailand before something makes you drop your speed. High speed bikes are certainly fun, but you can't use them to their full potential, so most of the advantages are emotional and imaginary. I really can't be bothered to push a bike to the edge of its potential anymore, I did that when I was a teenager, but now I take a lot less chances. I have a feeling that the CBR 250 will have all I need, anything faster than 140 on the majority of these roads is a temporary rush followed by rapid deceleration.

T'birds report tends to support my view that some bikers (big bikers in the U.S.) think that the priorities in defining a "great" bike should include primarily power and speed - and high speed handling with sports bikes. I think T'bird makes valid points, if I accept his definition, which is kind of winning the argument by framing the question in the first place, particularly if you don't credit enormously successful bikes (Honda Cub??) as being great.

Most people in the world who ride on two motorized wheels want an inexpensive, reliable, and easily fixed bike. For most people in the world, speed hardly enters into the equation. But the most reliable, durable, and economical bike on the planet is not great, because it can't win races against a "real" bike??

Other people's points of view are easy to dismiss when discussing machinery. But who is to dismiss the (dated) engineering that went into the cub? Happiness reigned for many millions. What's that to the relative few who race today, some of whom come off as angry inside?

Everything vs. (all but) Nothing

I think you are wrong about several things here.. and framing the question...whats up with that

Its not like Honda should try to build the fastest 250 on the planet. But they should have come out with something different. Like I said, It should have been a twin and about 40-45 hp with that weight. The front shocks should have been of better quality and also adjustable as the bike itself is heavy but also because its a big sized bike that will carry riders and passengers of very different weight. The rear shock could probably have been left like it is and would be more of a choice in terms of aftermarket parts and they are not so pricey to change. A sinlge rotor front brake and by no means can it be justified.

I also own a NSR250RR MC21 that I dont use anymore and I would say that a 250 like that would be a too fast and way too much racing to be realesed on todays 250 market. Its 130 kg and with 45-50 hp but more closer to 60 hp with the change of exhaust and some carburator settings. Also some simple electronic fixes with the RC valve on the first gears and it becomes a fast 250 bike. But this is a 2 stroke and cant be compared to a 4 stroke. A 4 stroke 40-45 hp in the weight range the CBR is and it would be a smooth and nice powerband that would justify such a bike. The looks of the CBR are ok and I would say that this is what lies closest to great about this bike.

The 24 year old CBR 250 RR first models that came out was an inline 4 cyl and produced 45 hp. It had twin front disks and an aluminum frame. With todays technology and it would be no reason to go 4 cyl as 2 would more than fine do the job.

So this new CBR is really a big step back in time if one should look at evolution of bikes. It does not deserve the name CBR and will never be a great bike.

Edited by Thunderbird4ever

[q

Strange rep[y to a simple question??

Wow you are a very lucky guy to be so knowledgeable. I dont profess anything like that level of skill and freely admit to it.

If you had read my earlier posts I also own a "big " bike (and looking at buying another new one) but so happens the piddling wee Honda CBR 150 gets me where Im going (my daily commute) as fast as a big bike can because of the traffic density...and costs a hellava lot less to run.

Both points why Im happy to have a small underpowered suedo sport bike. It is much more suited for my commute than a scooter type, and a bigger cc bike.

it would be a good bet that Honda expect to sell far more CBR250s than all of Honda's bigger bikes added together. So Im not alone in my thinking.

Who am I to question what label/name Honda put on their bikes. I will buy what I feel is right for my application whatever they call it.

But of course with your superior knowledge of bikes I would happily listen to your advice on what I should be riding to suit the conditions I ride in.

In no way am I questioning your skills or knowledge or riding ability. In fact the opposite, I always admire higher knowledge and skill.

That question and I think you knew the answer to it before you posted so I didnt take that it very seriously. Sounded more like you ran out of speak.

And i am not telling you what bike to ride in your conditions.

What it seems to me that Honda did is releasing a bike that could beat the 250 Kwaker big time in terms of price, of which they did if the final price is going to be 100 k and 115 k with with the ABS. So this is probably the reason why the CBR is like it is. But a strategy like that doesnt come without huge compromises and I dont like that. I would say selling this bike for 150 k and as a more powerful twin with better front shocks and twin front brakes and I would have been the first to post positive "essays" about it.

Edited by Thunderbird4ever