Chiang Mai Immigration - Visa Extension

Wentworth

I'm coming to the end of my first year on a Married Visa, the expiry date is 14 Nov 2010. I thought that I was supposed to submit my application up to a month prior. So, I went today and am a bit confused. After the usual run around factor I was told everything was alright. They gave me the "Application is under consideration stamp' with the date I should go back as 14 December 2010, followed by today's stamp. I tried to ask if the date was correct as I was expecting to have to go back on 14 Nov 2010, but they assured me it was correct.

As I've got the 'Under consideration' stamp I guess I'm alright but haven't they got their dates mixed up, or have I?

Paperwork exercise as the forms have to go to Bangkok for approval.

You go back on the date required and if it has been approved by then they will give 1 year from the date that your last extension expired. If not ready by then they will give another extension.

Because of the extra hassle this is why they prefer you to do the retirement visa. In out approved at the one sitting.

Always found them to be very helpful. Have noticed the last couple of times they have been very busy. Sometimes just a luck on the day.

As the previous, Bangkok approve this type of extension (reason you do a copy of everything) so don't worry it is the norm. Usually takes a month nowadays (so you should get your full year when you return) although has taken three months in the past.