If You Do Not Like Thailand, Why Do You Stay In Thailand?

kropotkin

In almost all cases, it comes down to sweetly-scented vaginas.

Few like to admit this.

But it's the truth.

:cheesy:

An infamous early 20th C US bank robber Will Hutton (may have got the reference wrong - I'm a Brit) famously replied to the question why do you rob banks? with the phrase 'because that's where the money is'. The OP asks a load of sexpats why do they still stay here? And he expects some discussion?!

I think most of the posts I come across where people say they hate Thailand are from very negative people.Many of them probably complain about everything in life. They are just negative people and nothing will ever make them happy. And it's always someone else's fault and not their own. They break the law, the get fined, but it's the police's fault for fining them.A gf rips them off, but it's nt their fault that they have a prostitute as a gf. Etc, etc. They make their own misery but blame it on others. They find the bad in everything and never the good.

You can say that if you live here longer than your honeymoon

I think most of the posts I come across where people say they hate Thailand are from very negative people.Many of them probably complain about everything in life. They are just negative people and nothing will ever make them happy. And it's always someone else's fault and not their own. They break the law, the get fined, but it's the police's fault for fining them.A gf rips them off, but it's nt their fault that they have a prostitute as a gf. Etc, etc. They make their own misery but blame it on others. They find the bad in everything and never the good.

You can say that if you live here longer than your honeymoon

I've already said it. I don't need to say it again. You get these negatives in all countries. Nothing to do with how long I've lived here. I lived in UK for 50 years and there were people just liek these there. Complain. Moan. Whinge. They need to get a life. We all dislike some things but there's no need to focus on the negatives of life 24/7.

Few like to admit this.

But it's the truth.

An infamous early 20th C US bank robber Will Hutton (may have got the reference wrong - I'm a Brit) famously replied to the question why do you rob banks? with the phrase 'because that's where the money is'. The OP asks a load of sexpats why do they still stay here? And he expects some discussion?!

"the OP asks a load of sexpats...... etc" ???

I asked EVERYONE, but i take note of your opinion that all TV readers are sexpats.

You are entitled to your opinion.

Thank you for replying.

.......I've already said it. I don't need to say it again. You get these negatives in all countries. Nothing to do with how long I've lived here. I lived in UK for 50 years and there were people just liek these there. Complain. Moan. Whinge. They need to get a life. We all dislike some things but there's no need to focus on the negatives of life 24/7.

I don't need to say it again: it seems to be a case of all you love in the beginning you will hate later.

Few like to admit this.

But it's the truth.

I asked EVERYONE, but i take note of your opinion that all TV readers are sexpats.

Thank you for replying.

Think about it this way. If Thailand was a strictly Islamic country where all women wore veils and any sort of sex was either forbidden or frowned upon, would you be here? Probably not.

And would most of the other TV members be here? Probably not.

And would this forum even exist? Probably not.

The attraction is the pretty faces, the gorgeous teeth, the lovely smiles, the slim figures, the chocolate nipples and (as I wrote earlier) the sweetly-scented vaginas.

Many many expats go into denial by saying that "yes -- it is sex, but it's sex in the context of a loving relationship".

But it's still sex.

And that is why you and I are here.

Don't feel insulted. Accept it and deal with it.

Few like to admit this.

But it's the truth.

Thank you for replying.

Think about it this way. If Thailand was a strictly Islamic country where all women wore veils and any sort of sex was either forbidden or frowned upon, would you be here? Probably not.

The attraction is the pretty faces, the gorgeous teeth, the lovely smiles, the slim figures, the chocolate nipples and (as I wrote earlier) the sweetly-scented vaginas.

Many many expats go into denial by saying that "yes -- it is sex, but it's sex in the context of a loving relationship".

But it's still sex.

Since 99,999 % of farang prefer to live in their own countries, rather then to be a sexpat in Thailand, the scent of vagina must surely be better in Farangland???

Or do i misunderstand you?

Of course, you might be living in Pattaya, in which case i could understand your confusion.

Since 99,999 % of farang prefer to live in their own countries, rather then to be a sexpat in Thailand, the scent of vagina must surely be better in Farangland???

Of course, you might be living in Pattaya, in which case i could understand your confusion.

Yes, you do misunderstand me.

You also misunderstand or fail to acknowledge the truth.

Never mind!

The rate of expatriation (not only to Thailand of course) is clearly much higher than that.

But it's still sex.

People don't like to accept the truth, Andrew. Of course, in Jingthing's case it's not the women he adores. But, life still revolves around sex and enjoying yourself. Yah, there is a small portion of foreigners who came to Thailand originally on business, but they are the minority. Why they stay is usually for the same reason that tourists enter Thailand by the millions.

Thailand is a holiday destination that ranks near the top throughout the world. Except for a few short times during the year, the weather is great. Accommodation and dining is relatively inexpensive, and to deny there are beautiful women available is sticking your head in the sand. Certainly, Thailand has many problems, but add up the negatives and compare them with the positives and it's easy to see why people stay.

But it's still sex.

People don't like to accept the truth, Andrew. Of course, in Jingthing's case it's not the women he adores. But, life still revolves around sex and enjoying yourself. Yah, there is a small portion of foreigners who came to Thailand originally on business, but they are the minority. Why they stay is usually for the same reason that tourists enter Thailand by the millions.

Thailand is a holiday destination that ranks near the top throughout the world. Except for a few short times during the year, the weather is great. Accommodation and dining is relatively inexpensive, and to deny there are beautiful women available is sticking your head in the sand. Certainly, Thailand has many problems, but add up the negatives and compare them with the positives and it's easy to see why people stay.

Excuse me for being thick.

"it is easy to see why people stay".....

Do you mean the weather / cheap sleeping and eating /, or cheap vaginas and dicks?

If the Buddhist precepts were enforced by law most wouldn't be here.

No sexual misconduct, no intoxicating substances.

You mean sexpats or monks ?

But it's still sex. And that is why you and I are here.

"that is why you and I are here..." he said, based on the wrong assumption that all Farangs are low-life chaps like him :bah:

Edited by Naam

Excuse me for being thick.

"it is easy to see why people stay".....

Do you mean the weather / cheap sleeping and eating /, or cheap vaginas and dicks?

You aren't thick. But, in answer to your question it is a bit of everything.

Will I return to Thailand each winter when I get too old to do all the things I love doing? Probably not, but while I can still make love to a beautiful woman any time I choose, and can hike, swim, fish and ride around on my motorbike for 5 months of the year then I will continue doing so. It's cheaper than staying at home in Canada, and I'll continue visiting Thailand on a regular basis. Everything I own in Thailand I can walk away from with no regrets. Anything I leave behind I will give to friends to dispose of. Not everyone is in my fortunate position with a mortgage free home in another country and a pension that is enough to live on if I'm careful and don't waste what I have.

There would certainly be a lot less Thai people without the secual misconduct

And their mothers wouldn't need to go to work in Pattaya

SC

There would certainly be a lot less Thai people without the secual misconduct

And their mothers wouldn't need to go to work in Pattaya

SC

Ain't that the truth. The 14 year old daughter of the Thai family I look after now has a new baby fathered by a 16 year old boy. There was no intervention on the part of any foreigner. I tried in vane to pass on good advice to the kid's mother, but she didn't bother instructing her young daughter about the facts of life. Considering the fact that the un-wed mother has 3 children of her own you would think she might have been a bit wiser for her daughter's sake. The least she could have done is giver her some condoms. It happens all the time in rural Thailand. Then, with no other prospects, the young, uneducated women head for Pattaya.

"that is why you and I are here..." he said, based on the wrong assumption that all Farangs are low-life chaps like him :bah:

That seems a bit harsh.

I notice you have more than 12,000 posts to your credit here on TV. Isn't it odd that despite having spent so much time on this forum you have learned so little and remained so judgemental.

Never mind! Perhaps one day you will see the light.

That seems a bit harsh.

I notice you have more than 12,000 posts to your credit here on TV. Isn't it odd that despite having spent so much time on this forum you have learned so little and remained so judgemental.

PERHAPS ONE DAY YOU WILL SEE THE LIGHT?

Some people are not interested in seeing the light ......555....at least, not in the red light districts.

And some other people should stop generalising their low self esteem towards other posters.

That seems a bit harsh.

if you don't like some backlash from persons who feel insulted then don't use generalising remarks such as "sex... that is why you... are here". i am NOT in Thailand for sex and the same applies to a number of foreigners i know too. period!

p.s. my expression "low life" does not refer to the fact that you are in Thailand for sex. it refers to your audacity to judge and insult others based on mere ass_umptions.