Ask The Bank To Send Money To Europe Very Month?

My salary goes directly into my thai bank account.

I now want to send some money (around 20 000 THB) back to my bank account in my home country on a regular basis, every month.

Can I set up the bank (I have Bangkok Bank) to do an automatic transfer thing where they do it for me every month, or would they refuse, as they might prefer to not want any money to leave Thailand?

International Funds Transfer via Bualuang iBanking

International Funds Transfer via Bualuang iBanking is a great way to transfer money overseas quickly and conveniently with Bangkok Bank's highly secure internet banking service. Funds can be used to pay for overseas educational expenses, send money to relatives living abroad (for Thai nationals) or to repatriate income (for foreigners working in Thailand). The service requires a one-time registration set-up, and then transfers can be made on demand at your own convenience.

Go here:

http://www.bangkokbank.com/online%20banking/for%20personal/ibanking/services/pages/ift.aspx

International Funds Transfer via Bualuang iBanking is a great way to transfer money overseas quickly and conveniently with Bangkok Bank's highly secure internet banking service. Funds can be used to pay for overseas educational expenses, send money to relatives living abroad (for Thai nationals) or to repatriate income (for foreigners working in Thailand). The service requires a one-time registration set-up, and then transfers can be made on demand at your own convenience.

Go here:

http://www.bangkokba.../pages/ift.aspx

Thank you for the link, have you tried this service yourself, or know anyone who tried it?

Can I send the money to my own bank account in Europe, it seems like the service is aimed at someone who will send money to someone else.

I use it, no problems - they don't care who you send the money to - you do have to tell them which account numbers you want to send to and they set that up in your internet banking; but the only thing you have to declare is that you are repatriating your own income. The central bank requires that they keep evidence of the fact that you are earning income, so once a year they will ask you to fax in a copy of some pay slip or similar.

Go here:

Thank you for the link, have you tried this service yourself, or know anyone who tried it?

Can I send the money to my own bank account in Europe, it seems like the service is aimed at someone who will send money to someone else.

As aurelius says, this is a very straightforward service, used by a growing percentage of our customers. If you have any problems please PM me. Thanks

Ian

Go here:

As aurelius says, this is a very straightforward service, used by a growing percentage of our customers. If you have any problems please PM me. Thanks

Ian

Thank you guys for the information.

What is the transfer fee for each transaction compared to, if I were to go to the bank myself once a month and did the transfer myself?