Sanan, Thaksin Meet In Norway

webfact

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

begin removed ...

why is Thaksin the only one on the run? CONVICTED and accused terrorist Sondhi can run wild and free, make war on Cambodia ,,, ha ha ha

the lovers' quarell and stalemate between sondhi and thaksin, has had the weird positive effect of pointing spot lights into ROOMS and corners that used to bubble below the surface,,,

... end removed

K. Sondhi may be accused, but he's not convicted. Like k. Thaksin before he is out on bail. K. Thaksin jumped bail, k. Sondhi is still here.

K. Thaksin talked a lot about a plot to assassinate him, k. Sondhi was actually shot at.

-- end removed

WRONG; he's convicted slanderer = your nose needs whitening cream, knee pads OFF plz

Do you really think Sondhi is a national hero?

just like the reds think thaksin is?

they are both thugaroonies, laddie boy

Convicted for slander, but not terrorism as you suggested the way you phrased your post.

But very naughty! Where in my last reply you put '-- end removed' I had

"Both should stay out of politics, that's what we may agree on."

Naughty indeed!

(edit: clarify first sentence)

you snipped my post, but it's only wrong when i do you? ha ha ha

if Sondhi is your hero and you don't think him a terrorist, that is your problem.

surely he must be on interpol, cia, and all civilized nation's terror lists who DEFINE commandeering International airports as an act of terrorism,,,

he bank rolled Thaksin into power and called him 'the best PM ever' <<< one of 100 years the corrupt ruiner of ThailNd should be put in a quiet cell,,,

i would bet a dollar he has one of his private jets ready to go at any time,,,,,,,,,,,,, he stops getting the backing of ............

Sanan was tight-lipped on his return from Norway but is expected to meet the media on his meeting with Thaksin tomorrow. /via@tulsathit

Thaksin, meanwhile, tweeted last nite that the Thai media should ask Sanan directly about the Norway meeting. /via@tulsathit

If the convicted criminal is really going to Norway, I hope some people from Interpol take notice and arrest this guy, so he can put in jail.

That's a bit hard on Sanan.He's an unappetising old crook to be sure but arrest by Interpol seems a bit harsh.

You can call Mr Thaksin "criminal" or "fugitive" or any stupid name like this... But the day he will make his come back, some politiciens here will be shaking...

They all worked together to rob Mr Thaksin and grab a big slice ... But do not doubt for a moment that Mr Thaksin has the memory of an elephant and he will make the difference between hyenas and wolves ... Of course he is not all pink Mr Thaksin ... But you see if one accepts what they did to him; then you must accept what will happen to you when a girl will lie obnoxiously to extort your money in collusion with the authorities.

Think....

Why would anyone want a criminal, murdering, cowardly liar back in their country - the powers in Thailand HAD to gewt rid of this mafia style thug to stop him directing taxpayers money into his companies holding company - read up on the sale of Shincorp if your in ANY doubt as to what this sc****g really meant to Thailand!! And for goodness sake find out some FACTS before posting offensive garbage!!

Congratulations on the excellence of your research, and the evenhandedness of your comments.However you may be interested to know that several leading institutions including some banks (eg SCB) with the highest connections in the land (geddit?) were intimately involved with the Shincorp purchase.

Probably best, in your case,not to warn others about posting garbage.Black pots and kettles old boy.

If the convicted criminal is really going to Norway, I hope some people from Interpol take notice and arrest this guy, so he can put in jail.

Why do people still keep going on about Interpol and Taksin? The Thai government has had 4 years to convince Interpol that Taksin is an international fugitive who would fall within their jurisdiction to arrest. They haven't done it. In fact it appears Interpol have absolutely no interest in Taksin at all.

Before the slower among you start suggesting I love Taksin and terrorists, I should say that all convicted criminals should do their time.

In keeping with the letter of the law, people shouldn't be deposed by illegal coups either.

Ooops - that perfectly moral and legally-based insight now makes me look like I love Taksin again. Okay, here goes. Taksin is a wart on the backside of humanity whose cancerous center feeds off greed and power and control. The sooner he and his association with the Red Shirts become history, the better for this country.

So there.

K. Sondhi may be accused, but he's not convicted. Like k. Thaksin before he is out on bail. K. Thaksin jumped bail, k. Sondhi is still here.

K. Thaksin talked a lot about a plot to assassinate him, k. Sondhi was actually shot at.

-- end removed

WRONG; he's convicted slanderer = your nose needs whitening cream, knee pads OFF plz

Do you really think Sondhi is a national hero?

just like the reds think thaksin is?

they are both thugaroonies, laddie boy

Convicted for slander, but not terrorism as you suggested the way you phrased your post.

But very naughty! Where in my last reply you put '-- end removed' I had

"Both should stay out of politics, that's what we may agree on."

Naughty indeed!

(edit: clarify first sentence)

you snipped my post, but it's only wrong when i do you? ha ha ha

if Sondhi is your hero and you don't think him a terrorist, that is your problem.

surely he must be on interpol, cia, and all civilized nation's terror lists who DEFINE commandeering International airports as an act of terrorism,,,

he bank rolled Thaksin into power and called him 'the best PM ever' <<< one of 100 years the corrupt ruiner of ThailNd should be put in a quiet cell,,,

i would bet a dollar he has one of his private jets ready to go at any time,,,,,,,,,,,,, he stops getting the backing of ............

It's not the fact that you put 'end removed', it's just that that particular sentence says all: 'both should stay out of politics'

I snipped parts which I did not reply on or are not relevant for my reply.

As for Sondhi, or Thaksin a terrorist, both are accused, none convicted.

Anyway your post suggests this is not really your day, just take it easy.

DPM Sanan Admits to Meeting with Thaksin

Deputy Prime Minister Sanan Kajornprasart has held a press conference, admitting that he met with former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra during his trip to Norway. Sanan revealed that the fugitive former leader agrees with his idea for national reconcilliation, but did ask for "a deal" in return. Sanan refused to say what the deal was, but ruled out the possibility of amnesty.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-11-09

footer_n.gif

Deputy Prime Minister Sanan Kajornprasart has held a press conference, admitting that he met with former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra during his trip to Norway. Sanan revealed that the fugitive former leader agrees with his idea for national reconcilliation, but did ask for "a deal" in return. Sanan refused to say what the deal was, but ruled out the possibility of amnesty.

tanlogo.jpg

footer_n.gif

If the "deal" doesn't include amnesty for Thaksin .... well, what else could he possibly want?expatriation of funds?

yellow1red1 ---

please supply supporting evidence of your suggestion that

While it is apparently your opinion that 1) he did what you claim he did and 2) he should be on said lists .... I have seen NOTHING to support your argument that he is on any terrorist watch list anywhere. I have also read that the AoT board placed the blame for the closure of Swampy on the AoT chief in charge of Swampy. I think, that when that case finally reaches court ... there will be no charges for the closure of swampy and that all the charges will be in civil court for damages ($$$$) and brought by Thai, King Power, other airlines etc.

tanlogo.jpg

footer_n.gif

If the "deal" doesn't include amnesty for Thaksin .... well, what else could he possibly want? expatriation of funds?

If you're a true red believer money should be the last thing on his mind. "Democracy for Thailand" - I'm sure that's his number one priority.

Thaksin cool on Sanan’s bid for reconciliation

By Piyanart Srivalo

The Nation

Fugitive ex-prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra appears to have rebuffed a bid to try to enhance national reconciliation by Deputy Prime Minister Sanan Kachornprasart.

“Thaksin is not OK with Sanan’s proposal. He said he would continue to fight,†a source close to Sanan revealed without elaboration.

Sanan met wit Thaksin in Norway during a working trip last week. He was tight-lipped after his return to Thailand yesterday, but said he would hold a press conference about his meeting with Thaksin today.

“If it [the talk with Thaksin] won’t help improve the political situation I won’t do it,†the deputy prime minister said.

Sanan, an adviser to the Chart Thai Pattana Party, has tried to be a middleman between political parties, plus the red shirts and yellow-shirt supporters in order to enhance national reconciliation.

He has met red-shirt leaders in prison, plus key leaders of the People’s Alliance for Democracy (yellow shirts), Sondhi Limthongkul and leaders of the New Politics Party, key figures in the opposition Pheu Thai Party, and leaders of small and medium sized parties �" all except the ruling Democrat Party.

Thaksin, meanwhile, sent a note via Twitter last night that the Thai media should ask Sanan directly about their meeting in Norway.

Somchai Wongsawat, Thaksin’s brother-in-law, vowed yesterday to bring Thaksin back to Thailand.

“I support the reconciliation plan but it’s not that easy because it involves many people. I don’t expect 100 per cent success but we should try,†Somchai said.

He said the government should take a leading role in the plan, have an open mind, and not set too many prerequisites, otherwise the mission would fail.

“As far as I know, Thaksin has no conditions. He would never mind his difficulties as long as the people are happy,†he said.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/11/09/politics/Thaksin-cool-on-Sanan’s-bid-for-reconciliation-30141841.html

Thaksin cool on Sananâ€s bid for reconciliation

By Piyanart Srivalo

The Nation

Fugitive ex-prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra appears to have rebuffed a bid to try to enhance national reconciliation by Deputy Prime Minister Sanan Kachornprasart.

â€Thaksin is not OK with Sananâ€s proposal. He said he would continue to fight,†a source close to Sanan revealed without elaboration.

Sanan met wit Thaksin in Norway during a working trip last week. He was tight-lipped after his return to Thailand yesterday, but said he would hold a press conference about his meeting with Thaksin today.

â€If it [the talk with Thaksin] wonâ€t help improve the political situation I wonâ€t do it,†the deputy prime minister said.

Sanan, an adviser to the Chart Thai Pattana Party, has tried to be a middleman between political parties, plus the red shirts and yellow-shirt supporters in order to enhance national reconciliation.

He has met red-shirt leaders in prison, plus key leaders of the Peopleâ€s Alliance for Democracy (yellow shirts), Sondhi Limthongkul and leaders of the New Politics Party, key figures in the opposition Pheu Thai Party, and leaders of small and medium sized parties �" all except the ruling Democrat Party.

Thaksin, meanwhile, sent a note via Twitter last night that the Thai media should ask Sanan directly about their meeting in Norway.

Somchai Wongsawat, Thaksinâ€s brother-in-law, vowed yesterday to bring Thaksin back to Thailand.

â€I support the reconciliation plan but itâ€s not that easy because it involves many people. I donâ€t expect 100 per cent success but we should try,†Somchai said.

He said the government should take a leading role in the plan, have an open mind, and not set too many prerequisites, otherwise the mission would fail.

â€As far as I know, Thaksin has no conditions. He would never mind his difficulties as long as the people are happy,†he said.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/11/09/politics/Thaksin-cool-on-Sanan’s-bid-for-reconciliation-30141841.html

Thaksin cool, so I guess we can assume that the 'reconciliation' suggested by sanan didn't include a whitewash for thaksin.

Has anybody actally seen any real details of sanan's 'reconcoliation' plan?

Edited by scorecard

Why do people still keep going on about Interpol and Taksin? The Thai government has had 4 years to convince Interpol that Taksin is an international fugitive who would fall within their jurisdiction to arrest. They haven't done it. In fact it appears Interpol have absolutely no interest in Taksin at all.

Before the slower among you start suggesting I love Taksin and terrorists, I should say that all convicted criminals should do their time.

In keeping with the letter of the law, people shouldn't be deposed by illegal coups either.

Ooops - that perfectly moral and legally-based insight now makes me look like I love Taksin again. Okay, here goes. Taksin is a wart on the backside of humanity whose cancerous center feeds off greed and power and control. The sooner he and his association with the Red Shirts become history, the better for this country.

So there.

It's a minor point, but surely former-PM Thaksin only became a fugitive-from-justice two years ago, when he failed to return to Thailand, after his court-sanctioned trip to the Olympics. So the government has not "had 4 years to convince Interpol that Thaksin is an international fugitive" ? B)

It's a minor point, but surely former-PM Thaksin only became a fugitive-from-justice two years ago, when he failed to return to Thailand, after his court-sanctioned trip to the Olympics. So the government has not "had 4 years to convince Interpol that Thaksin is an international fugitive" ? B)

Thaksin has only been a fugitive for 2 years, as you suggest... but the charges didn't hold much water internationally as Thaksin has always said they were "politically motivated" - which is grounds for asylum and no country would extradite him on human rights grounds, even if the convictions were made by the court of a civilian government (Samak's government, no less). However, he was charged with terrorism just a few months back... which brought Interpol into play. Still, I haven't seen any action whatsoever from them - but then, as far as I'm aware, the Department of Foreign Affairs have been translating the request for an Interpol warrant since June. Does anyone know if this is still the case?

I haven't seen any word from the Norwegian media about this - are Norway willingly accommodating him (I doubt it) or has he arrived on another false passport (I doubt it)?

As normal in Thailand it is getting a bit confusing again. I'm not saying someone is lying, but some statements seem conflicting.

Latest from the Nation

Sanan: I met Thaksin by chance

By The Nation

Deputy Prime Minister Sanan Kachornprasart said Tuesday that he met former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra by chance in Norway.

Sanan said he talked to Thaksin for about 15 minutes at an temple event in Norway.

"We giggled and he didn't look ill," Sanan told a press conference Tuesday.

"I and Thaksin talked about reconciliation but neither of us laid down any condition."

Sanan said he had briefed Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva on the meeting and told Abhist that amnesty would not be part of any deal for reconciliation with Thaksin.

Sanan added he planned to present his own reconciliation blueprint to "all parties concerned" in January.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2010/11/09/politics/Sanan-I-met-Thaksin-by-chance-30141876.html

Sanan said he talked to Thaksin for about 15 minutes at an temple event in Norway.

Very reminiscent of Thaksin trying to get the most mileage from his brief greeting and hand shake he got with his 5 minutes of Nelson Mandela's time.

You would have thought they were in locked in meetings for hours having deep and substantive talks on a myriad of intricate issues by the tone of his Noppadon's pronouncements.

Now, some mucho grande reconciliation conference devolves into a 15 minute chit-chat.

So there.

Thank you for pointing out the error. After two years, Interpol remains uninterested in Taksin.

So there.

Thank you for pointing out the error. After two years, Interpol remains uninterested in Taksin.

Actually ...

Interpol is only interested when one of it's member states asks them to get interested. As for k. Thaksin it's probably hardly five months ago the Thai government started the procedure to get Thaksin found and apprehended for a mild case of terrorism.

So there.

Actually ...

Interpol is only interested when one of it's member states asks them to get interested. As for k. Thaksin it's probably hardly five months ago the Thai government started the procedure to get Thaksin found and apprehended for a mild case of terrorism.

Good point.When then is your estimate of when Interpol will deliver Thaksin bound and gagged to the Bangkok Constabulary?

And to think some people had the naivety to think that Thaksin's ability to travel to where the hel_l he wants had something to do with the universal recognition that the "terrorist" crimes he is accused of are just the result of an old fashioned banana republic political vendetta and a unjustified scepticism that the Thai judicial system was clean and free of political direction.

'hanuman1' timestamp='1289212026' post='4009726'

So there.

Actually ...

Good point.When then is your estimate of when Interpol will deliver Thaksin bound and gagged to the Bangkok Constabulary?

And to think some people had the naivety to think that Thaksin's ability to travel to where the hel_l he wants had something to do with the universal recognition that the "terrorist" crimes he is accused of are just the result of an old fashioned banana republic political vendetta and a unjustified scepticism that the Thai judicial system was clean and free of political direction.

Or maybe that they just don't want him back,

but want to go through the motions of keeping him legally off guard,

and at arms length physically. Keep him wondering if the proper files will eventually be passed to Interpol and suddenly Opps gotcha, and he can languish in a foreign jail awaiting extradition for an indeterminate period.

Little doubt incomplete dossiers were passed to make Interpol files for future use, and when finally discretely completed, suddenly he is in stir. I suspect it is is a sword of Damacles awaiting, but the final lever is not being thrown..

Edited by animatic

Actually ...

Good point. When then is your estimate of when Interpol will deliver Thaksin bound and gagged to the Bangkok Constabulary?

'bound and gagged' ? Never ever. Now hand-shells and two Interpol officials accompanying him back to Thailand, possible, but also unlikely. Remember the Thai government is still busy finalising documentation and not really in a hurry to do so.

Many people have their own ideas as to what is proper, but mostly it's tends to be what they think 'should' be proper. Has nothing to do with justice I'm afraid. It's like the 'Iron Curtain' before. Some said it was to keep unwanted people out, some said it was to keep people in. The 'terrorism' charge may be difficult to proof internationally, but should not stop the government from trying. K. Thaksin's team under Robert A. has filed a charge with the ICC, even less likely to be proven, still didn't stop them from trying ;)

lol. unbelievable. You guys think interpols actually going after Thaksin ? This must be a joke.

A bunch of reds know, meet, visit him frequently. Even take a photo back to show off among those red boards. Just check it out.

And the Gov, interpol, along with any other nations do not know where he is or what he did or his 'criminal' status ?

It does take a month, 5 months, 2 years, 4 years to catch Thaksin ??? You really think that is ?? Comeon people

The only reason to explain is that nobody else would be interested to get involved w/ this conflict. And for the sale of relationship with Thailand,

they always say they don't allow this not allow that.

Guess what. The guy travel for years !!

I'm starting to believe poster here said the Gov doesnt want him back, giving a BS all the time.

Actually ...

Good point. When then is your estimate of when Interpol will deliver Thaksin bound and gagged to the Bangkok Constabulary?

'bound and gagged' ? Never ever. Now hand-shells and two Interpol officials accompanying him back to Thailand, possible, but also unlikely. Remember the Thai government is still busy finalising documentation and not really in a hurry to do so.

Many people have their own ideas as to what is proper, but mostly it's tends to be what they think 'should' be proper. Has nothing to do with justice I'm afraid. It's like the 'Iron Curtain' before. Some said it was to keep unwanted people out, some said it was to keep people in. The 'terrorism' charge may be difficult to proof internationally, but should not stop the government from trying. K. Thaksin's team under Robert A. has filed a charge with the ICC, even less likely to be proven, still didn't stop them from trying ;)

Also, surely Interpol will react differently (to a request for someone to be found and returned to whereever) for different situations:

- Murder, well proven, Interpol would I assume (repeat assume) have no hesitation to grab the person and 'send them home'. And I assume the same for proven large cases of fraud, theft, and more.

- Terrorism, charges still working their way through the courts, well surely Interpol would be very cautious: 1). Evidence not complete etc., 2). Even the slighest smell of politics, surely Interpol would be inclined to back off quickly and back off a long way. I'm not suggesting there is a political witchhunt to get thaksin, but surely Interpol would err on the side of caution.

Hope he does get sent back!

Edited by scorecard

Very reminiscent of Thaksin trying to get the most mileage from his brief greeting and hand shake he got with his 5 minutes of Nelson Mandela's time.

You would have thought they were in locked in meetings for hours having deep and substantive talks on a myriad of intricate issues by the tone of his Noppadon's pronouncements.

Now, some mucho grande reconciliation conference devolves into a 15 minute chit-chat.

And in another report sanan says they met by accident.

And there are various other reports (incl from noppadon) saying that it was set up in advance.

Well who can you trust here to be telling the truth? Answer, none of the people involved in this silly charade.

And sanan says that amnesty was not mentioned by either paryy as part of the deal.

"Deal", well as usual thaksin thinks he has a right to some form of special treatment. Never mind about fair and equal justice for all, but just a moment I though he was the main spruker, supporter, bandroller in the red campaign for democracy and equal justice.

Double standards all the way, as always.

Just the fun of it! It's like a detective story where you are supposed to search for he who tells the truth, assuming there is one who does.

FUGITIVE EX-PM Thaksin supports reconciliation talks: Sanan

By Satien Wiriyaphanpongsa

The Nation

Published on November 10, 2010

Fugitive ex-prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra supports a national reconciliation plan unconditionally, Deputy Prime Minister Sanan Kachornprasart said yesterday.

“Thaksin said he agrees with my reconciliation effort and wants to see Thai people talking to each other,†the Chart Thai Pattana Party adviser said during a press briefing yesterday.

Sanan, who initiated the reconciliation plan, met Thaksin for 15 minutes during a work trip to a temple in Norway last Saturday.

“I asked him to forget the past and not to get furious. Everybody should join hands to solve the problems in the country. Thaksin just laughed and told me to continue the plan,†Sanan said.

“Neither of us laid down any conditions. I didn’t talk about an amnesty,†he said.

“Thaksin is healthy and doesn’t look ill, as rumoured. We giggled,†the deputy prime minister said, adding that he had not asked Thaksin about where he was living, or been told of his movements.

Sanan said he met Thaksin personally and was not working on behalf of the government.

“I’m not a policeman and have no power to arrest anyone. Even policemen who have met Thaksin abroad cannot arrest him. They have to inform the host country first. Don’t be confused,†the deputy PM said.

Sanan said he had informed Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva about the meeting. He said he would pursue reconciliation further by having talks with Democrats, the Bhum Jai Thai, Army and red-shirt leaders. He expected his own reconciliation blueprint could be finished and presented to all concerned parties in January next year.

The deputy premier has had talks with numerous political groups over the past few months to gather views on ways to bring about reconciliation.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2010/11/10/politics/Thaksin-supports-reconciliation-talks-Sanan-30141886.html