Thanksgiving Day Dinner At The Pun Pun

ThePunPun

If you would care to join us at The Pun Pun for a Traditional American Thanksgiving Day Dinner, please consider the following:

post-108940-0-73432800-1289295663_thumb.

THANKSGIVING DAY DINNER

At

THE PUN PUN

A REAL FAMILY THANKSGIVING DAY DINNER

We invite you to join us if you can

Bill O' Fare

Soup Turkey Wonton Noodle Soup

Roast Turkey White Meat and Dark Meat

Turkey Stuffing Wet Stuffing

Dry Stuffing

& a Pun Pun Fireball

Mashed Potatoes Covered with Giblet Gravy

Corn-on-the-Cob

Mixed Tossed Salad with House Dressing

Candied Yams

Desert Homemade Pie with Ice Cream

Apple, Cherry, Blueberry,

Strawberry or Sweet Potato

Beverage Choice of : Brewed Coffee, Tea, Ice

Tea, Milk, or Soft Drink

Note: Alcoholic Drinks availabe at a

modest price

Price : All Inclusive 550 Baht

( 25 Baht less expensive than last

year )

We have set up 3 Dinner Set Times.

The first 12:30 PM to 2:30 PM

3:00 PM to 5:00 PM

And last 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM

We are a small guest house and do have limited dining space available.

Contact Details

Gonzo

Pun Pun Guest House

321 Charoenrat Rd., CM

[street running along the East Bank of the River, & by the Rama IX Bridge intersection.]

Tel 053-243-362

Mob 08-0491-8484

Email [email protected]

Gonzo

Note :

Some good folks , due to having to work on the Thailand non holiday, may find it difficult to take the Thursday off.

If a number of you would like to have the Thanksgiving Day Dinner on the following Sunday [the 28th] please let me know. If enough do wish to have the dinner on Sunday, we will consider doing the same dinner again on Sunday.

Please advise.

G

Edited by ThePunPun

Offering it on Sunday (if you get the interest) is a very nice gesture! It is nice to see that some local biz's are thinking about the expat community here that is not retired :)

Thanks for that jdinasia. I know that from past years, that a lot of my friends [customers] do have to work and a good many for Thai operated concerns that, to them its just another work day. Some people may not realize the amount of work that goes into a dinner like this and especially for a goodly number of people. But by Sunday we will have had two days of rest and this is just another thing to add to the list of that which we would like to give thanks for.

We are able but many, many others may not have the opportunity or have the wherewithall

G

Thanks for asking guys.

A Fireball is a creation of The Pun Pun which we serve at Thanksgiving, and some other times during the year, when the great spirit moves us.

It consists of a well seasoned dough type mixture which contains different meats i.e. turkey, beef, pork, chicken, fish. Only one meat for each type of fireball. Thanksgiving , of course would be turkey. ..... and again I say well seasoned with especially with chilli. It is then deep fried until the outside is very crispy and the inside soft. Goes very well with different dipping sauces or gravy. This ='s a Fireball.

It is usually served accompanied with the Moron Tap-an-Apple Choir singing along with Jerry Lee Lewis' " Great Balls of Fire ". However we usually withhold this last out of respect for the holiday.

Thanks for asking guys.

A Fireball is a creation of The Pun Pun which we serve at Thanksgiving, and some other times during the year, when the great spirit moves us.

More importantly, does the Pun Pun Fireball move US??? wink.gif

I can say with all honestly, eventually VERY warmly, yes. :D

...but in addition to singing " Great Balls of Fire ", you must also add, Johnny Cash and "Ring of Fire "

:D

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Thanks for asking guys.

More importantly, does the Pun Pun Fireball move US??? wink.gif

I can say with all honestly, eventually VERY warmly, yes. :D

...but in addition to singing " Great Balls of Fire ", you must also add, Johnny Cash and "Ring of Fire "

:D

Ring of Fire is for the morning after

Interesting thing seems to be happening.

While it is still some time before the Thanksgiving Day Dinner, early bookings have been coming in modestly, but the interesting thing to me is that they are just about 3 to 1 non-American to Americans. And in many cases it is from people that , like some posted here, know of but not what the holiday is about. I have been told now several times that this will be the first ever Thanksgiving Dinner for them and just something they want to experience.

Well its interesting to me at least.

I know that there are ex-pats from many more countries in CM other than the US, but had thought that it would be primarily American. It is good though, to see others becoming aware of this particular holiday of giving thanks for what they have.

Maybe just a Sunday type of thought.

:jap:

G

Interesting thing seems to be happening.

While it is still some time before the Thanksgiving Day Dinner, early bookings have been coming in modestly, but the interesting thing to me is that they are just about 3 to 1 non-American to Americans. And in many cases it is from people that , like some posted here, know of but not what the holiday is about. I have been told now several times that this will be the first ever Thanksgiving Dinner for them and just something they want to experience.

Well its interesting to me at least.

I know that there are ex-pats from many more countries in CM other than the US, but had thought that it would be primarily American. It is good though, to see others becoming aware of this particular holiday of giving thanks for what they have.

G

Good for them.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

G

I think it's nice to try and experience festivities of all nationalities......the thanksgiving dinners I've attended (in the states) were wonderful and I'm sure the newcomers at your place will have a good experience at their first thanksgiving.

Just make sure you give them big portions, so they remember it. wink.gif

G

I think it's nice to try and experience festivities of all nationalities......the thanksgiving dinners I've attended (in the states) were wonderful and I'm sure the newcomers at your place will have a good experience at their first thanksgiving.

G

Sure as shootin Uptheos. If The Pun Pun is known for anything, it is the more than plentiful portions.

Yesterday we had the pleasure of preparing their first American Thanksgiving Dinner for an Australian Family. They are here on holiday and have stopped by several times. They had expressed knowing of, but not about the what all of Thanksgiving Dinner. It was a good feeling to us to see the " Oh WOW ! ! " expression on their faces when the meal came out.

Made it all worth the effort of doing it special for them.

.....and two of them had to take home just a little bit in a doggy bag [box]

So I don't have a worry about people having a full belly when they leave.

Giving Thanks

Gonzo

G

Sure as shootin Uptheos. If The Pun Pun is known for anything, it is the more than plentiful portions.

Yesterday we had the pleasure of preparing their first American Thanksgiving Dinner for an Australian Family. They are here on holiday and have stopped by several times. They had expressed knowing of, but not about the what all of Thanksgiving Dinner. It was a good feeling to us to see the " Oh WOW ! ! " expression on their faces when the meal came out.

Made it all worth the effort of doing it special for them.

.....and two of them had to take home just a little bit in a doggy bag [box]

So I don't have a worry about people having a full belly when they leave.

Giving Thanks

Gonzo

Australian's are not known for their small portions, so if you WOWED them I congratulate you on the size or yours....................portions. wink.gif

Australian's are not known for their small portions, so if you WOWED them I congratulate you on the size or yours....................portions. wink.gif

He deserves many compliments on his very generous portions.

....and many condiments too, no doubt.wink.gif

Edited by uptheos

With regard to the Thanksgiving Day Dinner at The Pun Pun, Please note that the last sitting , the 6PM sitting is completely full. If you are thinking of making bookings for the other times please do so asap, as they are getting full also.

Just again, if you cannot make it on Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, we do have requests for several on the following Sunday the 28th, If that may fit your schedule better , please contact us.

Speaking of contact, even with the maps on the Pun Pun Banner site, the telephone numbers, the email and directions given by word of mouth, some people still have a difficulty with directions.

Here is a little toy for you to play with for awhile. Kinda fun and you can start at The Pun Pun and and work your way back to where you are staying,,,,,, maybe... click on the link, then put your curser arrown on the photo and drag any direction and you will get the idea. Even if you are not looking for The Pun Pun, it is nice to try.

Gonzo

http://www.mapjack.com/?33cyU3xhacHA

Happy Trails and Happy Thanksgiving

• 2 weeks later...

Well the dust is finally setting on the American Thanksgiving Day Dinners and to those, TV'er's and non , who chose to come to The Pun Pun , for their TG Dinner, on behalf of all the staff a great big THANK YOU .

We are just a small place, but beleive me the staff had all the hustleing they wanted and more. It was good to see some of the regular Tg diners again as well as to make the accquaintance of some new guest, some new CM newcomers, and a lot of non-Americans , for this one of the big American Holidays. Always good to see old friends and to make new ones.

Thank you again to all of you from The Pun Pun

G

as a little note..... if for some reason you missed out on getting a Turkey Dinner anywhere, this year, we are doing it again on this Sunday for some people who had to work or had other committments. We have a few slots available if anyone would be interested.

The Pun Pun

Glad to hear that you had a great thanksgiving and hope you fill up Sunday.............................soon be time for the Christmas menu, not a good season for Turkey's I guess.

Just on a side note, how much variation is there in an American Christmas dinner, compared to a Thanksgiving dinner (apart from Xmas pud - yum)? smile.gif

Not much, but turkey is the tradition for Thanksgiving as the main dish where beef or ham is fine for Xmas. Also, mice pies are more likely for Xmas than Thanksgiving.

I think I smell a rat. wink.gif

Good guess, but Rat Pies are the prime course of another holiday during the year.......... anyone know what holiday that is ???

G