Chiang Dao Nest Mini Resort

Spaniel

We will be traveling in the Chiang Mai area next week and will probably continue farther north. Have come across a website for the Chiang Dao Nest and looks pretty good but sometimes what's portrayed on the internet and what's real arn't always the same. So, has anyone stayed at thei resort recently and any comments? Thanks

This is one that is actually better than the web site. Stayed there the last two Christmases. Beautiful location amid primary growth trees in the shadow of a pretty large (by Thai standards at least) mountain. Nice location, delicious if expensive European fare. Very quiet and scenic area, I would go back in a minute. Cosy little cabins, not really expensive at all, except for the food (worth the price). Tough to get reservations in December towards the year end. They own another resort within walking distance featuring Thai cuisine, but the location isn't as nice and it doesn't have the same ambience as the main one.

Edited by qualtrough

There are actually 2 Nests, Nest 1 is the little resort with farang food. Nest 2 serves Thai food, much more reasonable. I stayed in both bungalows, no real difference. Location is almost same, just very charming, gigantic trees.

Frequently ride there on my motorbike, now always eating, and/or staying in Nest 2 , the Thai place.

More genuine

PS you are not bound to have meals in one or the other or even outside

PSS if you go further North, don't miss Doi Mae Salong. Wild and stunning views, also wild history, turf of Drug lords,

CAI and Chinese , everybody was there

Edited by THAIPHUKET