American Football

ChuckZ

Not to get too far ahead of myself but am thinking a rematch of Superbowl 31 is in the cards, with a wholly different outcome?

I cringed a bit when Gostkowski missed his field-goal; I had just watched Patriots All-Access and they had a special segment on the field goal kicking trio: long-snapper, holder and kicker.

Both the Chargers and Giants showed a lot of character and poise winning as underdogs, on the road.

Looks to be clear and cold for the AFC game, assume Packer fans are hoping for another blizzard?

Also, NFLN had a great special, "Patriots Path to Perfection".

Time to get the duckboats out of winter hibernation?

And I liked some of the open-mic comments by Troy Aikman!!!

Edited by lomatopo

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and sorry Patsfangr, but here come the Bolts to hand you guys loss #1.

GO BOLTHEADS !!!!

I am on my way to a pharmacy to buy some Valium, or maybe even some Nitro tablets, to try to keep my heart from exploding with fear! ;-)

Patriots 41 - Chargers 20, as rumors of the Patriots being hit by lightning are suppressed, and the 18-0 Pats, impervious to horse stampeeds, rampaging cowboys, attacking redskins, angry giants, hungry jaguar attacks, men of steel, and lightning (all of which they withstood during this historic season); fly off to Arizona to become 4-time Champions of the National Football League! :-)

Greedy postings:

1.Dam_n'd Welker and Watson drops cost Brady his perfect passing percentage!

2.Dam_n'd run stuffing at the end made the punter have to get up off the bench!

Garrard and Jax both played as well as they could have hoped. Made the Pats look that much more deadly efficient. Brady was ridiculous, esp. on the switch from the left flat throw to rolling right and lofting a perfect ball to Stallworth, where only an outstanding tackle by the def. back saved a dagger in the heart long TD reception (even though that play pretty much sealed the game, anyway).

Still scared about Indy. After they BLOW OUT the Bolts, I'm guessing the line is NE by 4ish.

Blow out the Bolts, huh...........?????

BOLTS STUFF COLTS

GO BOLTHEADS !!!!

Huggyman, you missed my self-reproaching post just above yours. Anyway, thanks to SD for clearing the road a bit. I kind of wanted a retribution game in the AFC champ game against Indy, but I'll take the lower blood pressure for the week. Pats by a BILLION (make that a Borg-like 34-17). But refer to my accurate prediction of the SD-Colts game of course! Guess I want GBay to win the NFC so we can add another name to this years victims list, since we already beat NYGs, plus a small revenge for '96, even though most NE'ers (including me) liked that Packers team, even thought they beat us in that SB.

Edited by calibanjr.

Greedy postings:

Garrard and Jax both played as well as they could have hoped. Made the Pats look that much more deadly efficient. Brady was ridiculous, esp. on the switch from the left flat throw to rolling right and lofting a perfect ball to Stallworth, where only an outstanding tackle by the def. back saved a dagger in the heart long TD reception (even though that play pretty much sealed the game, anyway).

Still scared about Indy. After they BLOW OUT the Bolts, I'm guessing the line is NE by 4ish.

BOLTS STUFF COLTS

GO BOLTHEADS !!!!

Huggyman, you missed my self-reproaching post just above yours. Anyway, thanks to SD for clearing the road a bit. I kind of wanted a retribution game in the AFC champ game against Indy, but I'll take the lower blood pressure for the week. Pats by a BILLION (make that a Borg-like 34-17). But refer to my accurate prediction of the SD-Colts game of course! Guess I want GBay to win the NFC so we can add another name to this years victims list, since we already beat NYGs, plus a small revenge for '96, even though most NE'ers (including me) liked that Packers team, even thought they beat us in that SB.

Has anyone really put a hat on Brady this season?

Did everyone see how ineffective the Jags were in not rushing and backing into coverage?

Know that the Bolts saw that, and guaranteed, they will be coming after Brady. They can man up because their corners are great (and underrated). Merriman and the rest of the destruction crew will demo, Brady and Co.

Bolts 31, Pats 28, Bolts win it on a field goal in the last minute.

Greedy postings:

BOLTS STUFF COLTS

GO BOLTHEADS !!!!

Has anyone really put a hat on Brady this season?

Did everyone see how ineffective the Jags were in not rushing and backing into coverage?

Know that the Bolts saw that, and guaranteed, they will be coming after Brady. They can man up because their corners are great (and underrated). Merriman and the rest of the destruction crew will demo, Brady and Co.

Bolts 31, Pats 28, Bolts win it on a field goal in the last minute.

The Giants were ALL OVER Brady in their game. So good they held him to about 360 yards!

The Jags had to pick their poison. They chose to double Moss all day and die by a thousand cuts from everybody else and a very good running day from Mulroney. SD can rush 4-5, blitz, zone blitz, whatever. With a bunch of guys in single coverage, someone'll get open hot, if necessary and Brady'll find him. That's his M.O.

Your score is highly improbable, but possible, I think we'd agree, given a big turnover differential which, again, isn't Brady's style.

Hope LT and Rivers are back to make it a game, and your prediction even remotely possible.

Edited by calibanjr.

The Chargers have a tough week ahead. I assume they flew home Sunday evening, will rest at least Monday, practice through Friday, then spend all of Saturday flying east. A lot of air travel, time zone changes and other hassles to deal with. Difficult to recover from the major and minor injuries sustained in the hard-fought game against the Colts. They did prove resilient in Indianapolis so maybe they'll give the Pats a game? Plenty of bad blood between these two teams so it will be interesting to monitor the interviews/quotes leading up to the game.

SD has their own "revenging" (a la Ralph Wiggum) to do from last year. Man, they outplayed the Pats all day, but unfortunately, Brady was on the other side, even with that taxi squad receiving corps. He just s*cks to have on the other side, very much like what we (Pats fans) endured with Elway for a looooooong time. That's the source of their anger, IMHO, not the dancing after the game. They just had their season (and Marty S's job) pulled out from under them when all was going so well. Had to hurt. They got to watch NE end up the same way the following week, no? That AFC champ game still traumatizes me during tight games right now, scared for the aging D that cost us that game. Traumatized the Pats office to pick up not 1, but 4 new receivers and some big D acquisitions, in the off season.

Kudos to SD for recovering from a turbulent off-season and a tough start. If they have to use their anger to motivate themselves against the Pats, so be it. I'm not buying it, but you use the rationalizations that you know best. Pats have always had a quiver full of motivational "tools", one of BB's favorite weapons!

Edited by calibanjr.

hello,everyone

Maybe you are import some products from China

please pay more attendion SKYMAPLE CORPORATION

we shouldn't trust them,they are a trader,but they always said they are a professional manufacturer.

but the goods quality very bad.

I have worked with them before.please pay more attendion.

I have one customer from the U.K.,this customer buy some products from them and have pay all money to this company,they promise to our customer the delivery time is one month,but actually,the delivery time is about 3 months.when the goods reach the delivery port,they send the B/L to our customer after half month out of the regulation,then our customer loss money.our customer recover now.

Hope all people have good business!

Thanks

hello,everyone

we shouldn't trust them,they are a trader,but they always said they are a professional manufacturer.

Do they make replica football jerseys, toxic or otherwise? (I couldn't resist.)

hello,everyone

I have worked with them before.please pay more attendion.

I have one customer from the U.K.,this customer buy some products from them and have pay all money to this company,they promise to our customer the delivery time is one month,but actually,the delivery time is about 3 months.when the goods reach the delivery port,they send the B/L to our customer after half month out of the regulation,then our customer loss money.our customer recover now.

Hope all people have good business!

Thanks

must be a Jets fan..............................genius

Aikman's comments are always interesting. Last year he was talking about a bet he had on the Bengals and someone tried to quiet him. He said, "what is wrong with what I said, it isn't like I am talking about drugs." He is always interesting.

Aikman's comments are always interesting. Last year he was talking about a bet he had on the Bengals and someone tried to quiet him. He said, "what is wrong with what I said, it isn't like I am talking about drugs." He is always interesting.

I might not have been as clear as I meant...I was referring to the open-mic but off-air comments Aikman made which were broadcast through via TS4, but not on FOX. At one point you could overhear a conversation with the director, and Joe Buck where Troy used some very salty language to describe his comments made just before the commercial break.

Edited by lomatopo

Playoff Tickets?

A man goes to the New York Jets ticket office and inquires about purchasing playoff tickets. The ticket teller replies that there weren't any tickets for sale because the Jets did not make it to the playoffs.

The following day the same man goes to the New York Jets ticket office and inquires about purchasing Jets playoff tickets. The ticket teller politely replies that there weren't any tickets for sale because the Jets did not make it to the playoffs.

This goes on for an entire week. The man goes to the Jets ticket office inquiring about playoff tickets and the teller says none are for sale because the Jets did not make it to the playoffs.

Another week of this goes by and the man is still asking the ticket teller about Jets playoff tickets. Finally the ticket teller in a loud voice says, I'VE TOLD YOU FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS THERE WERE NOT ANY TICKETS AVAILABLE BECAUSE THE THE JETS DID NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!

The man replied, "I know. I drive all the way from New England just to hear you say that!"

I might not have been as clear as I meant...I was referring to the open-mic but off-air comments Aikman made which were broadcast through via TS4, but not on FOX. At one point you could overhear a conversation with the director, and Joe Buck where Troy used some very salty language to describe his comments made just before the commercial break.

No, you were perfectly clear. I obviously was not. I am also referring to the open-mic but off air comments Aikman made which were broadcast through TS4, but not on FOX. The difference is that the comments I referred to were made last year during a different game.

Apparently, Aikman tempers his views and language for on the air discussions, as I imagine several others do as well. It's just that Aikman seems to get caught out on these off the air comments more than anyone else.

Although the less I think about the Cowboys loss to the Jints the better I feel, I have to say that T.O., in defeat, has shown that he has grown up. This is a guy that on his previous teams (SF and Philadelphia) had been in verbal wars with his QB's (Garcia and McNabb). This week, almost in tears, he openly defended Romo and Romo's Cabo trip with Jessica saying it was a team loss and anyway this is my QB you are talking about. T.O., good on you. You have come a long way.

[

Lets get back to the good stuff guys.

What time and channels are we talking about for the championship round?

Are we going to do a Super Bowl party Bangkok?

patsfangr, your guys go, I'll buy beers, Bolts go, you're buying.

Superbowl: Bolts vs. G-Men

Superbowl champs: BOLTS BABY! BOLTS!

Here are the schedules, Huggybear & all:

LIVE! (The ONLY way to watch Conference Championship games!):

TS 3 - MON, 21 JAN, 03:00 SAN DIEGO @ NEW ENGLAND

TS 4 - MON, 21 JAN, 06:15 NY GIANTS @ GREEN BAY

There will, of course, be several replays of both games. You can find the complete schedules at:

http://www.truevisionstv.com/Search/eng/Se...amp;Keyword=NFL

There will, of course, be several replays of both games. You can find the complete schedules at:

3AM?? I thought they would at least make them night games on different days. Oh well, the Patriot game will be over early so I can go back to sleep.

Ugh, TS3 was painful last weekend for the three games. Feed came via Goal TV, "Hi, I'm Phillip Cocu and you're watching Goal TV." Anyone get sick of that? The lone TS4-televised feed seemed to be straight-through, with a fair amount of content during the commercial breaks.

Am wondering if the Superbowl will be on TS3 or TS4?

Looks now to be quite cold for the game at the Razor. High 23, low 6 (F) and maybe a bit windy.

Edited by lomatopo

Ugh, TS3 was painful last weekend for the three games. Feed came via Goal TV, "Hi, I'm Phillip Cocu and you're watching Goal TV." Anyone get sick of that? The lone TS4-televised feed seemed to be straight-through, with a fair amount of content during the commercial breaks.

Personally, LT, I'd much rather watch Phillip Cocu promos than Peyton Manning commercials! :-)

And don't be dissin' anything on Goal TV. Remember why we get their coverage. We had NO NFL night games (Sunday or Monday) early in the season, because f***ing ESPN-Asia dropped the NFL. TrueVisions negotiated with GoalTV to bring those games to us. Without GoalTV, we'd have had only the two Sunday afternoon games all year.

Now, say you're sorry. :-)

I'm George Richman, and I'm watching GoalTV!

Personally, LT, I'd much rather watch Phillip Cocu promos than Peyton Manning commercials! :-)

Or how about the Iverson commercial where the guy is shooting pool and saying "I'm not a thug".............? Shown a billion times.

Yeah right, but everyone you hang out with is. Guilty by association.

I'll take Goal TV.

I actually don't mind the U.S. commercials. In addition to being back home in Boston for three football weekends this season I also watched a few live streams here, which included local (Boston) commercials. Wes Welker has some pretty schlocky furniture/bedding commercials.

This past weekend was my first with the GOAL TV overlay of the FOX and CBS feeds, so I guess it was a bit of shock to me whereas you all may just be used to it after a whole season? One of the games this past weekend, and I honestly can't remember which one, was a direct feed not involving GOAL TV. On that one there was a lot of video feed and highlight playback during the commercial breaks which I found much more palatable. I certainly prefer that over the GOAL TV overlay. Thank goodness they don't have their own announcers!

I do understand those foreigners, who are used to the nearly non-stop play soccer and Rugby, when they criticize the glacial pace of an NFL game where it takes upwards of 200 minutes to complete 60 minutes of play. I have most of this season's Patriots games in digital format, without commercials/stoppages and it is really fun to watch these as the total running time is ~ 120 minutes. I've watched quite a few other games in this format this season and have grown accustomed to it.

I'm going to watch the week 2 SD vs. NE match-up again tonight just to get tuned-up.

Hi all,

Just checked TrueVisions schedule on there website and it shows that BOTH playoffs games are on TS 4 at 0300 and 0615.

Greg

Patsfangr, once again, congratulations! A Pat/Giant rematch should be good for us fans (i.e. those of us whose teams have already been eliminated). I hope your heart can take it. These Giants are different from the ones the Cowboys beat during the season. It should be a good game.

Patsfangr, once again, congratulations! A Pat/Giant rematch should be good for us fans (i.e. those of us whose teams have already been eliminated). I hope your heart can take it. These Giants are different from the ones the Cowboys beat during the season. It should be a good game.

And thank you, once again, OMR. I have to give major credit to the Chargers. They played their hearts out, despite the loss of two great players (Gates and Tomlinson) for nearly all of the game, and the serious injury to their QB. Rivers also gets credit for toughing it out. I have nothing but good words to say about the effort of the Chargers.

The Patriots, and Brady in particular, certainly did not play their best game. I, and a few other Patriots fans, suspect that Brady was playing with the flu. He simply did not look like himself, and I don't mean just in the play results. He was almost expressionless throughout the game, and rarely talked with his teammates on the sideline. That is not at all like him. It certainly can't be chalked up to pressure, since he's faced more of that than just about any QB in the league over his career. I really think he was playing with illness.

But, in the end, as has been the case with this team throughout this incredible season, and, in fact, throughout the Belichick era, there were guys who stepped up to make up for some falloff by others. The games put out by RBs Laurence Maroney and Kevin Faulk were the keys for the offense in this one. On defense, the old "bend but don't break" was seen in all it's glory. The Chargers moved the ball into the Red Zone with much more regularity than I liked. But the D held fast there every time.

Good thing this is American football, and not "the other kind", because the Chargers "outscored" us, 4-3! But, in this game, when you get TDs, and they get FGs, you win! :-)

Now it's on to Arizona for Super Bowl XLII, and a shot at our 4th Lombardi Trophy in 7 seasons. WOW!

There's no reason to expect anything but a tough game from the Giants. They've really stepped up their game during the last 3 they've played, with Eli Manning looking like the best of the brothers! I will, of course, be expecting a Patriots victory. But I also expect to have to buy some fake finger nails to chew on. The originals didn't make it through the Chargers game! :-)

Yep, congratulations Patsfangr! Your Pats have done everything they've needed to do against some great defensive schemes and still come up on top. Now they are SuperBowl bound...(in Arizona??? Well wherever) They are a very special team. If and when they win at the SB, they certainly deserve their place in history.

Tomlinson tried playing with a fully torn ACL; he also had the knee scoped on Monday, before the game. Not wise decisions (player, team) IMO. Favre should probably retire; Chargers should have tried Volek as Rivers was less than 50%. Brady took normal reps. in practice before the game, and no flu reported as it is with other players in the NFL injury reports (although this is not an absolute and expect Coach B likes to keep secrets), also Brady has been spotted this week limping and in a walking cast (right foot), am hoping the cold weather contributed to Brady's diffculty passing and the injury is minor. I have the week 17 Pats vs. Giant game in digital format so will be reviewing that before the Superbowl. Spread is 14, seems high to me.