Fixing Car Air Conditioner - Chevrolet Optra

MattFS218

I just wanted to quickly post this story about dealing with the Chevrolet Dealership in Chonburi (which is owned by the same company as the dealerships in Pattaya and Rayong).

The air conditioning wasn't working in my Chevrolet Optra. Dealer in Chonburi wanted 19,000 THB to fix and replace several related parts. Took the quote over to B-Quik (BQuik) they wanted a more reasonable 13,000 THB. Took the car to a local car mechanic that specialized in fixing air conditioning units and they fixed it for 2,500 THB.

The Chonburi Chevy dealership wanted over 7x the actual cost to fix the my car's air conditioning system, insisting that unbroken parts needed replacing. Dealerships I assume must make lots of money selling parts, which is why they insisted on replacing so many expensive parts.

I will say however that not all Chevy dealerships are crooks, the Chevy dealerships in Sakorn Nakorn, and Nakorn Prahnom in my experience have always done what's in the car owner's best interest.

If anyone is interested, this air conditioning car mechanic that refilled my car's air conditioning coolant, replaced the filter, replaced the o-ring, all without selling me unnecessary services and parts for 2,500 THB is located on Sukumvit Road at the turn off for Bang Saen intersection (across from Galaxy Entertainment Complex). Going south on Sukumvit it's on the left, take the small turn off directly after the police box. Place was called VT or something.