Car Hire

oldgent

re ... where in Chiangmai is the best

in my opinion ..... north wheels

cheapest .... i dont know ... i go for quality of service and cars .... not the cheapest

dave2

Rented from North Wheels a few weeks ago and car was dirty with poor brakes.

Have used Budget a few times (opposite Airport Plaza) and they were ok and more recently I have used Ruby Car Rental - 104 Moo 5, T.Chaisatan - Tel. 053-115801/2. Ruby were polite and efficient with a nice new car. I haven't been to their depot - they always deliver and collect the car.

Rgds

Edited by Contractor

I have found these people to be the best and cheapest having used North Wheels because so many punters reccomend it. And Budget I've found to be anything but budget. 900 baht a day for a Honda Jazz is a good price ,compared with the astonising 1500 baht by the over hyped North Wheels, and they are a reputable outfit conventently located just a little way past Art Cafe down Thappae Road. Don't listen to all the doomsayers who may come along and rubbish this recommendation because its a small local place. Don't forget to note the telephone number to ring in case of accident and don't forget your passport-they'll need a copy.

http://www.journeycnx.com/carrent.php?carrental=1

Don't listen to all the doomsayers who may come along and rubbish this recommendation because its a small local place

I've not seen folk 'rubbish' the small places, as you say; more a case of advise against in light of where we are... yet you'll happily 'rubbish' other places, eh mr amsterdam.

Op, my advice when booking cars in this neck of the woods is to hang with the big guns as there's more chance of comeback. There's nothing worse than a little outfit trying to diddle you out of the tiniest of scratches they knew full well was there previous. Your recommendation looks good enough, and to be fair, Northwheels (although not big guns) have hoiked there rates somewhat and it's no secret their vehicles are old.

Always read the small-print, op, and watch that excess. ;)

thanks to all you guys for great information. oldgent

I just went thru all the looking for a car to rent a few weeks ago when my Daughter

and her husband came to town.

After checking almost every place in town we ended up going with Pops Car Rental.

The one half way between Minguals Mexican Resturant and Mikes Hamburgers.

The guy we worked with was JOE. Spoke English well.

We rented a Blue Honda City, with a HUGE Trunk for Luggage. It was Automatic and

easy to drive.

The car was very Clean and we went all over Northern Thailand in the Two Weeks we

rented it.

We paid 1,000 baht per day. Only found one other place that was Cheaper for the Same Car

and it was 900 baht... but we decided to go with Pop's since they had some many Outlets around

Chaing Mai.

Most fo the Car Contracts we looked at made us responsible for ANYTHING that happened to the

car like Flat Tires and Such.

However, POPS had a simple Contract, did NOT require our Passport (Which I refuse to leave with ANYONE),

we simply gave them a copy of our passport and a 5,000 baht deposit.

We ended up having TWO Flat tires at the same time when we visited the Royal Flora Park.

We paid a Tire Dealer to Change to put NEW Tires on the Car. Cost 1,800 baht and Pops reimbursed

us for the new tires when I turned the Car Back in.

Ask for JOE. Not sure if I can give you the phone number here on Thaivisa... soooo PM / email me

if you want his phone number.

Goodluck.