Retirement Visa

I am actually in Thailand;has 51 years old ,800 000 bahts on a thai bank account but a tourist visa.

Immigration in Pattaya will non imm visa before giving retirement.

Questions:

1°On this site it is mentionned I need a letter from my embassy stating I wish to retire in Thailand.I really don't wish my embassy to know this. (no I am not avoiding justice in my country but I receive money from state because I am unemployed and I am due to stay in my home country)

Is this letter really needed ????

2° alternatively ,is it possible to have a retirement visa on a non immigrant B????

3° what is the best option for visa run (Penang???)

Axel,a promise is a promise

I went today to immigration in Bangkok room 303 Soi Suanplu,with passport bankbook,medical certificate,bank document confirming the 800.000 bahts one copy of all documents and a photo.Khun Pallop found only one problem:Siam Commercial Bank did not fullfill the right document.So he kindly phoned to Pattaya second road branch of SCB and after that to their headquarter in Bangkok :D .He asked the document he needed,indicated me the person to contact and gave me the adress in Thai for my taxi driver. B)

In SCB everything was ready when I arrived (at no cost......)

One hour later I was back soi Suanplu.Khun Pallop asked 2000 bahts fee (amount indicated on the change of visa official document I had to fullfill).And gave me an appointment on december 29 to receive my OA visa :o

My new year gift I hope B)

Will let you know what happen then

I know that this question will have been asked before (several times) but can someon please remind me of the medical requirements to obtain a retirement visa?

I don't know about the requirements as to a retirement visa but when I have to get one for my Thai drivers license the requirements it seems to me is to be warm and walking.When I am asked if I do drugs? I tell em yeah, fags and Chang beer it usually gets a smile.

• 3 weeks later...

I received my new year gift :o

I went today soi Suanplu,room 303.Had an appointment at 10 am.I received my 3 month non immigrant O visa without any hassle B) in 30 minutes.

Khun Pallop ,helpfull as usual,explained me that in 3 month I will receive the one year OA visa IF I have 800 000 bahts at this moment on my account .I will have to provide the same set of documents as before (bank book,medical certificate,copy of passport,bank document showing funds came from abroad).

I have to report to immigration 90 days after my entry date in the kingdom.And he reminded me not to forget to ask a re entry permit if I go abroad.

Finally,easy procedure :D

Sometimes they ask for a medical. If they do go the medical clinic just off Sukhumvit Soi 11 in the small street where Charlies Bar is located. They have the form, will do the medical in 5 minutes at a cost of about 150 baht. If you go to a hospital for the medical it will take a lot of time, cost you a bundle, and if there is anything wrong with you that you do not want to know - they will find it.