Pimp My Ride

rics21

Kwang Thai Motor Sales Co.,Ltd. (Thanuaburi Klong 7)

54/9 Moo.2 Lam Phak Kut, Thanyaburi, Pathum Thani Mitsubishi T: 02-5772288

sorry i just found out that u r in chiang mai.

i tried checking with the mitsu website and realised it is down.

i wonder y the mitsu website is down just as the news of the Pajero Sport 2.5VGS is leaked.

Edited by rics21

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a call from MMTH - since Nov1 they have changed their policy. 5k No longer required, but you can if you wish. But you must go every 10k. Warranty still good for 150km and 5yrs. I have asked for something in writing.

Interesting news - have contacted them for something in writing as well..

Just had a call from MMTH - since Nov1 they have changed their policy. 5k No longer required, but you can if you wish. But you must go every 10k. Warranty still good for 150km and 5yrs. I have asked for something in writing.

Interesting news - have contacted them for something in writing as well..

please post a copy of the announcement or letter from MMTH. it will be good for all the PJS owners, including ME.

thanks!

Thank you very much for your recent e-mail to Mitsubishi Motors (Thailand).

Please be informed as below,

The condition of warranty for customer obviously changed from every 5,000 KM or 3 months to every 10,000 KM or 6 months. (Which ever comes first). The warranty coupon will be canceled and Diamond Card will be utilized instead of paper coupon.

However, 5,000 KM interval checking will not be prohibited. It depends on customer's demand for 5,000 KM interval checking in case of special maintenance for customer's vehicle.

The revision of Diamond Warranty and Warranty condition as follow;

Warranty Type

Warranty Condition

Warranty 3 years or 100,000 KM Periodical checking every 10,000 KM or 6 months

Diamond Warranty 5 years or 150,000 KM Continue periodical checking every 10,000 KM or 6 months

Void of Warranty Miss checking at any period

*The warranty will be valid 10,000 KM or 6 months after periodical checking

Example:

Customer A goes to periodical checking at 1,000 KM and 10,000 KM. The warranty will be valid up to 20,000 KM or 6 months. In case that customer ignores to do periodical checking at 20,000 KM, warranty will be void.

The effective date of this revision of diamond warranty and warranty condition is on 1 November 2010 onward.

Best regards,

Call Center

Mitsubishi Motors (Thailand).

The condition of warranty for customer obviously changed from every 5,000 KM or 3 months to every 10,000 KM or 6 months. (Which ever comes first). The warranty coupon will be canceled and Diamond Card will be utilized instead of paper coupon.

However, 5,000 KM interval checking will not be prohibited. It depends on customer's demand for 5,000 KM interval checking in case of special maintenance for customer's vehicle.

Warranty Type

Warranty Condition

Diamond Warranty 5 years or 150,000 KM Continue periodical checking every 10,000 KM or 6 months

Example:

Customer A goes to periodical checking at 1,000 KM and 10,000 KM. The warranty will be valid up to 20,000 KM or 6 months. In case that customer ignores to do periodical checking at 20,000 KM, warranty will be void.

The effective date of this revision of diamond warranty and warranty condition is on 1 November 2010 onward.

Best regards,

Call Center

thanks soloflyer!

i called them up at 02-529-9500 and was told the same thing!

but they said we have to go for servicing every 10,000km, or latest at 11,000km. anything more than that will cause the warranty to be void too.

Warranty Type

Warranty Condition

Example:

Best regards,

Call Center

thanks soloflyer!

i called them up at 02-529-9500 and was told the same thing!

but they said we have to go for servicing every 10,000km, or latest at 11,000km. anything more than that will cause the warranty to be void too.

Can confirm same also. Have told them to send me the "Diamond Warranty Card" though :)

anyway what has to be done at the mitsu service center during the 10,000km for the PJS?

so besides the normal oil change and stuff, what else?

i recalled MRO told me to get:

1. air-con filter

2. EGR plug

3. K&N filter

so, i will just tell the mitsu service center to get these done or i must try to buy filters + plug myself?

is it ok to buy my own engine oil and ask them to change for me?

i recalled the mitsu service center used Castrol for me during my 1,000km engine oil change. so is it better to get Shell or others?

i was thinking to get the:

1. Shell Helix Diesel Ultra

2. Shell Helix Diesel Hx 5

3. Shell Helix Diesel HX7

http://www.shell.co....lix/#subtitle_2

Edited by rics21

• 5 weeks later...

hi any mu7 Owners can advise if you manage to get a 3rd party air filter installed?

I contacted khun Oan from MRO's recommendation but she claimed K&N doesnt have an air filter part no in the DB for mu7.

Anyone managed to use another model's part ?

Appreciate any advice !

• 1 year later...

BTW, got some projector fog lights with ccfl rings, just need to get some xenon's and fit them wink.gif

Beam pattern is perfect - I can go as bright as I want with them smile.gif

out of interest, why did you go with the projectors and xenon's over the brighter halogen?

I'm probably going with the Xenon's upper but still not sure what to do with the fogs...

Another Q, I was told I can tint my headlights to go with the black body of the car or there's another "painting" (is this just the bezel/mountings?) process that takes half a day - however my Thai is limited in this arena and I can only find tinting on google.

Edited by 2unique

BTW, got some projector fog lights with ccfl rings, just need to get some xenon's and fit them wink.gif

out of interest, why did you go with the projectors and xenon's over the brighter halogen?

I'm probably going with the Xenon's upper but still not sure what to do with the fogs...

Another Q, I was told I can tint my headlights to go with the black body of the car or there's another "painting" (is this just the bezel/mountings?) process that takes half a day - however my Thai is limited in this arena and I can only find tinting on google.

Umm, you got that around the wrong way - xenon is ~400% brighter than most halogens.

Tinting isn't a great idea, for obvious reasons. Most of the shops that specilaize in HID/xenon retrofits offer a headlight painting service where they disassemble them and 'blackout' the bits behind the exterior plastic lens, so no light output lost.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Umm, you got that around the wrong way - xenon is ~400% brighter than most halogens.

I meant, over upgrading your halogens to brighter halogens for the colour match

Ahh I see :)

Both the projector fogs and the main beam projectors were both 4300K xenons, so were color matched :)

The LED's were approx 5000-6000 Kelvin, but I was not interested in going that high on color temp for the lights I use to see the road with - that would defeat the purpose of upgrading to xenon in the first place ;)

The high beams on that car were still halogens, but upgraded to 100W 'super white' (or some such), so close-ish to the main beam and fog color. Even then, due to the massive light output of the 4 xenon projectors, the high beams didn't contribute much except for illuminating distant street signs ;)

Ahh I see smile.png

Both the projector fogs and the main beam projectors were both 4300K xenons, so were color matched smile.png

The LED's were approx 5000-6000 Kelvin, but I was not interested in going that high on color temp for the lights I use to see the road with - that would defeat the purpose of upgrading to xenon in the first place wink.png

The high beams on that car were still halogens, but upgraded to 100W 'super white' (or some such), so close-ish to the main beam and fog color. Even then, due to the massive light output of the 4 xenon projectors, the high beams didn't contribute much except for illuminating distant street signs wink.png

Excellent - I know where I'm going now. Xenon's for main beam and 5000K bulbs for the fogs - I only use them on the last stretch of road home to see stray dogs :)

• 1 month later...

Tinting isn't a great idea, for obvious reasons. Most of the shops that specilaize in HID/xenon retrofits offer a headlight painting service where they disassemble them and 'blackout' the bits behind the exterior plastic lens, so no light output lost.

Just to update, added xenon lights upper 2 weeks ago - 30 minutes - and had the chrome look painted black (then hairdryered on like a lacquer) yesterday 3 hours - looks much better and is starting to come together.

Bit hard to convey my needs to these guys (if it's not flashing blue) but when they get it they are inexpensive and do quality work.

Xenons were 2,800 with 18 month warranty if fitted by them and lacquer 900 baht.

Next up the high beams and fog lights...

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement