Australian Great Escape.

Australia has dominated world cricket for how long?

A couple of good innings by a few lucky pommie teams doesn't make them the new undisputed world beaters.

Just look at your now useless rugby team. (now rated 6).

but they are the world champs. :o

and the USA team are the reigning Olympic Champions... but both teams are lightweights in 2005

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical soapy comment profart, you havn't won this game yet,

Now come on Bloncs. Who was saying they had already won the series in April? Who said that England were going to get a whitewash in May? Who said England would be beaten by a team of Cambodian midgets in June? Who said Ooh Agh Glenn McGarth in July? Who's getting thrashed in August?

If my memory serves me correctly, not one English poster said we were going to thrash the Aussies. I think only one or two said we'd win. All the rest said it was going to be a good series and close, maybe 2-1 or 1-2. Most of us said we know Australia are the best in the world, but their crown is slipping. Slipping!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha. The understatement of the century. It fallen round your necks and throttled you. Glenn Mc Garth ( sorry I've got to keep up this ridiculous facade) got all the votes from the TV voters. So, I presume that without him you are nothing. A bunch of has beens. No we havn't won yet, but when we do theres going to be no hiding place for you lot. We can't lose this series now. Even if we win this one and go down four one eventually, we have still saved face. Due mainly to that juvenile ****** back home you lot are on a hiding to nothing.

By the way, I'm naming my new upstairs Pool & Darts lounge 'The Captain Cook Bar' in honour of the man that realised the Isle of Wight was not bis enough.

So what exactly are you trying to say Lampy :o

ENGLAND WIN

England completed a two-run win over Australia in the second Test and level the Ashes at 1-1 with three Tests left.

In a thrilling finish Australia, who resumed on 175-8, were on the brink of victory before Michael Kasprowicz gloved Steve Harmison behind.

Last wicket pair Kasprowicz and Brett Lee, who hit 41 not out put on 59 chasing a ground record target of 282.

Shane Warne had begun the day with a defiant 42 before he trod on his wicket playing back to Andrew Flintoff.

One of the greatest test matches ever!!!!!

Edited by Thomas_Merton

The Australian silence is hilariously deafening!

Come on Bronco, Old Croc et al and most of all, Supermouth!!!!!!

COME ON LOSERS!!!

KNEEL TO YOUR MASTERS!

Lets see if you have a sporting <deleted> in your pants! We know Superfly doesn't after his sad vendetta against me and lampshade after the Tzsyu humiliation, but I reckon the rest of you are men enough to realise the crown is passing.

Now in the face of the next Aussie humbling are you guys men or mice??

Come on Fartypants. No need to stoop to Aussie tactics. That was a great match by both teams. Neither deserved to lose. I know we have taken some stick for just hoping it will be a close series, but I take my hat off to the Aussies today. That was more exciting cricket than you see in any one day match. Well done Poms and Aussies. I did for a minute think you were home. Then Yorkie got up for a pee, and it was all over. I am as gracious in victory as in defeat.

Wheres Supermouth hiding?

Ashes all square and the momentum is now firmly with England!! Roll on Old Trafford!

Why is it that when we Poms are winning at any one sport the Aussies start to bleat on about a completly different sport?

Come on fellas! Admit your time is at an end!

In a thrilling finish Australia, who resumed on 175-8, were on the brink of victory before Michael Kasprowicz gloved Steve Harmison behind.
TV replays showed that the dismissal should not have been given, Kasprowicz taking his lower hand off the bat before ball hit glove.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/england/4128908.stm

well done to the pommy b@stards :o

Old Trafford on Thursday - for the next exciting installment.

TV replays showed that the dismissal should not have been given, Kasprowicz taking his lower hand off the bat before ball hit glove.

I didn't see the TV replays, but in an earlier incident he was clearly LBW and not given. That's the fun of the game though. Jones last night was so out it was untrue.

I didn't see the TV replays, but in an earlier incident he was clearly LBW and not given. That's the fun of the game though. Jones last night was so out it was untrue.

Sounds like winging to me.

Swings and roundabouts.

Thankfully, in this sport, the Umpires' decision is final - not the judgment of a biased Aussie reporter looking through a TV lense.

Manchester is only 50 miles away. Who do I have to kill to get a ticket?

Edited by Thomas_Merton

I'll give credit where its due Thomas. It was a great game and the better team one. It would have been a travesty had the Aussie tail wagged them to victory! Theres nothing wrong with rubbing their noses in their defeat. They'd have bene doing the same had they one!

Wheres supermouth? He slags everyone off for having nothing to sya and has now vanished without trace! I reckon hes down at the Bangkok humble pie shop eating an enourmous slice with the rest of the Aussies!

Wheres Supermouth hiding?

Ashes all square and the momentum is now firmly with England!! Roll on Old Trafford!

Why is it that when we Poms are winning at any one sport the Aussies start to bleat on about a completly different sport?

Come on fellas! Admit your time is at an end!

surely they can't have that many sports to bleat about. the only ones they are good at were passed on by the brits, like their history. Maybe that's why they sprout off about sport all the time. They have nothing else to sprout off about. :o:D:D:D

Congratulations England, a great morale boosting win for the home side. Although, I think a tie would have been a fitting result for such a great match.

I think some of the crowing is a bit over the top considering the winning margin (Where were you during the first test Prof. Fart?) and Englands second innings capitulation was nothing to get excited about.

Australia lost the match on the first morning when the clown broke his foot and couldn't play, Ponting inexplicably sent England in, and the bowling in the first session was absolute sh1t allowing the tentative pom openers to get a flyer. Most of Oz's batsmen got starts in both innings and didn't go on with it. Some were blasted out, but others played some awful shots. They can only improve. Warne and Lee will have a lot to do with the final Ashes results.

Congratulations England, a great morale boosting win for the home side. Although, I think a tie would have been a fitting result for such a great match.

I think some of the crowing is a bit over the top considering the winning margin (Where were you during the first test Prof. Fart?) and Englands second innings capitulation was nothing to get excited about. 

Australia lost the match on the first morning when the clown broke his foot and couldn't play, Ponting inexplicably sent England in, and the bowling in the first session was absolute sh1t allowing the tentative pom openers to get a flyer. Most of Oz's batsmen got starts in both innings and didn't go on with it. Some were blasted out, but others played some awful shots. They can only improve. Warne and Lee will have a lot to do with the final Ashes results.

A lot will depend on the pitch Croc. England have the best four pronged pace attack in the world now, but you wouldn't have thought it watching the clowns trying to get your last two out. I think they all thought it was a formality and just chucked anything down. They are talking about bringing McGill in for the third test. Spin twins have always done good up there. I think a draw for this one,with at least two players getting centuries.

You poms have got to be joking........the first glimmer of hope and there is a literal torrent of posting, who would have seen that coming? :D:D You lot are completely transparent.....all i can say is that i thouroghly enjoyed the game.....Yes england won but it was simply a fantastic match with superb performances from both sides. I saw some englishmen in the crowd dressed as old ladys with handbags......just thought i would let you know :o:D

You poms have got to be joking........the first glimmer of hope and there is a literal torrent of posting, who would have seen that coming? :D  :D You lot are completely transparent.....all i can say is that i thouroghly enjoyed the game.....Yes england won but it was simply a fantastic match with superb performances from both sides. I saw some englishmen in the crowd dressed as old ladys with handbags......just thought i would let you know :D  :D

And 15 hrs before the first Aussie posted :o

I saw some Ozzie supporters dressed as clowns as well......................blended in nicely with the eleven on the field. :D

Edited by lampard10

You poms have got to be joking........the first glimmer of hope and there is a literal torrent of posting, who would have seen that coming? :D  :D You lot are completely transparent.....all i can say is that i thouroghly enjoyed the game.....Yes england won but it was simply a fantastic match with superb performances from both sides. I saw some englishmen in the crowd dressed as old ladys with handbags......just thought i would let you know :D  :D

I saw some Ozzie supporters dressed as clowns as well......................blended in nicely with the eleven on the field. :D

I wouldn't be calling your players clowns just yet lampy

I wouldn't be calling your players clowns just yet lampy

A quicker wit than I Bronco :D:D:D

Edited by soi lurker

You poms have got to be joking........the first glimmer of hope and there is a literal torrent of posting, who would have seen that coming? :D  :D You lot are completely transparent.....all i can say is that i thouroghly enjoyed the game.....Yes england won but it was simply a fantastic match with superb performances from both sides. I saw some englishmen in the crowd dressed as old ladys with handbags......just thought i would let you know :o  :D

Those Englishmen dressed as women would have been pommy MP's. They've long been known for their penchant to cross dress :D