• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

272-6

Looking good.

273-7

Looking better.

depend's on your perspective - as with most things - looks like our bowlers have got a job ahead of them , both today and tomorrow :o

Australia 1st Innings

J L Langer  lbw  b S P Jones                  82

M L Hayden  c A J Strauss  b M J Hoggard    0

R T Ponting  c M P Vaughan  b A F Giles    61

D R Martyn  run out                            20

M J Clarke  c G O Jones  b A F Giles      40

S M Katich  c G O Jones  b A Flintoff          4

A C Gilchrist  not out                              28

S K Warne  b A F Giles                            8

B Lee  not out                                          4

Extras                          10nb 1w 12b 7lb  30

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/fds/hi...l/scorecard.stm

I used to think that old <deleted> in Rugby Shirts warbling 'Sweet Chariot' while drinking real ale were bad enough.

The English cricket's 'Barmy Army' are even worse.

Their ditty consists of them chanting.

'Barmy Army, Barmy Army, Barmy Army, Barmy Army' ad nauseam......

I used to think that old <deleted> in Rugby Shirts warbling 'Sweet Chariot' while drinking real ale were bad enough.

For the life of me I find it hard to understand how those English make an old American Slave song into theirs for the Rugby. :o

For the life of me I find it hard to understand how those English make an old American Slave song into theirs for the Rugby. :D

Hang on, hang on; The start of an All Blacks match reminds me of a monkey house at the Zoo. Sounds like one as well. :o:D:D

For the life of me I find it hard to understand how those English make an old American Slave song into theirs for the Rugby. :D

Hang on, hang on; The start of an All Blacks match reminds me of a monkey house at the Zoo. Sounds like one as well. :o:D:D

Upoko ure. :D:D

Australia's Shane Warne took five wickets but Andrew Flintoff helped England to a defendable total in the second Test with a half-century.

Australia need 282 to win.

Game on.

Andrew Flintoff has scored more sixes in this match than anyone has ever scored in a match in the history of the Ashes.

Australia's Shane Warne took five wickets but Andrew Flintoff helped England to a defendable total in the second Test with a half-century.

Australia need 282 to win.

Game on.

Andrew Flintoff has scored more sixes in this match than anyone has ever scored in a match in the history of the Ashes.

22/0. Only 260 to go! It's still only the 3rd day so the pitch shouldn't be too bad at this stage. Flintoff threw his shoulder out hitting sixes so is in doubt to bowl. Half the Aussies are overdue for a big innings. Could be interesting.

(Warne got 6 wickets, not 5)

SECOND TEST - MATCH SUMMARY (Day 3, stumps):

England 407 & 182 v Australia 308 & 175-8

Andrew Flintoff played a starring role as England closed on victory over Australia in the second Test.

Despite an injured shoulder, Andrew Flintoff hit a heroic 73 and was the pick of the bowlers with 3-34.

Michael Clarke fell to the final ball of day three at Edgbaston to leave Australia 175-8, needing 107 more.

Shane Warne had taken 6-46 - 10 wickets for the match - and Brett Lee 4-82 as England posted 182, Flintoff and Simon Jones adding 51 for the last wicket.

Speaks for itself, doesn't it?

What a game!!

SECOND TEST - MATCH SUMMARY (Day 3, stumps):

England 407 & 182 v Australia 308 & 175-8

Andrew Flintoff played a starring role as England closed on victory over Australia in the second Test.

Despite an injured shoulder, Andrew Flintoff hit a heroic 73 and was the pick of the bowlers with 3-34.

Michael Clarke fell to the final ball of day three at Edgbaston to leave Australia 175-8, needing 107 more.

Shane Warne had taken 6-46 - 10 wickets for the match - and Brett Lee 4-82 as England posted 182, Flintoff and Simon Jones adding 51 for the last wicket.

Speaks for itself, doesn't it?

What a game!!

Indeed, what a game! :o !

I have spent the best part of the last 3 days glued to the TV.

Hope it's over before noon as I have to go to a wedding.....if not I will just have to arrive late! :D !

The Australian silence is hilariously deafening!

Come on Bronco, Old Croc et al and most of all, Supermouth!!!!!!

COME ON LOSERS!!!

KNEEL TO YOUR MASTERS!

Lets see if you have a sporting <deleted> in your pants! We know Superfly doesn't after his sad vendetta against me and lampshade after the Tzsyu humiliation, but I reckon the rest of you are men enough to realise the crown is passing.

Now in the face of the next Aussie humbling are you guys men or mice??

If you want to change your shout now to exactly who is the best cricket team in the world, now is your chance.

Results from a new poll for the most misplaced crowing before Australian humilation read as follows;

Siam Superfly 100%

Old Croc 1oo%

Bronco 100%

Mororama360 100%

ETC!

You know who you are!!

Well we did tell you during the one dayers that your best player then was a Pom and that you are in fact crap. A few lucky balls at Lords swung it for you but now class will out!

This is an Amnesty where all Aussies who are at the moment eating massive quantities of <deleted>, can wipe their previous posts and say things like;

'I reckon that Giles can spin it a bit'

'That Flintoff is some player'

'McGarth can't play Rugby without falling over a ball'

'Warne really is a fat useless <deleted>'

'Ponting has zero cricketing sense'

'Why didn't we play our Pom who made a ton for Lancs while our batsmen floundered?'

Etc etc etc. Please feel free to add you own.

OK the above was just to get Supermouth going although I don't think he'll be here again.

You guys have to admit that Aussie cricket is dead. Whither the next batsmen and more importantly the bowlers?

I refuse to belive that in Shield cricket there are no better bowlers than Lee, Gillespie etc.

Is the pipeline really as empty as Slater says it is?

I've just heard a great one to add to the all time great cricket sledges.

Siam Superfly: " Eh, Lampard. England are useless. A team of Cambodian midgets could beat them"

Lampshade: " <deleted> off <deleted>"

Edited by lampard10

Typical soapy comment profart, you havn't won this game yet,

Now come on Bloncs. Who was saying they had already won the series in April? Who said that England were going to get a whitewash in May? Who said England would be beaten by a team of Cambodian midgets in June? Who said Ooh Agh Glenn McGarth in July? Who's getting thrashed in August?

If my memory serves me correctly, not one English poster said we were going to thrash the Aussies. I think only one or two said we'd win. All the rest said it was going to be a good series and close, maybe 2-1 or 1-2. Most of us said we know Australia are the best in the world, but their crown is slipping. Slipping!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha. The understatement of the century. It fallen round your necks and throttled you. Glenn Mc Garth ( sorry I've got to keep up this ridiculous facade) got all the votes from the TV voters. So, I presume that without him you are nothing. A bunch of has beens. No we havn't won yet, but when we do theres going to be no hiding place for you lot. We can't lose this series now. Even if we win this one and go down four one eventually, we have still saved face. Due mainly to that juvenile ****** back home you lot are on a hiding to nothing.

By the way, I'm naming my new upstairs Pool & Darts lounge 'The Captain Cook Bar' in honour of the man that realised the Isle of Wight was not bis enough.

Australia has dominated world cricket for how long?

A couple of good innings by a few lucky pommie teams doesn't make them the new undisputed world beaters.

Just look at your now useless rugby team. (now rated 6).