Car Roadside Breakdown Assistance In Thailand

There's Car World Club. A lot of the major car brands also offer roadside assistance programs (which they usually subcontract to various garage and tow operations of varying quality... but it usually beats being stuck out somewhere).

:)

if it is happens on a toll pay road ... they will assist you (at least to get you off the toll road) ;P

anyway .. there are a numbers of Automobile Service companys offering this kind of insurances ...

but you will have to check the coverage network they have ...

Hyundai gives Hyundai 24 number , accessible countrywide, free for dunno how many years with a new car. Used it once on the second year to jump start the dead battery. It is Mondial assistance that comes to help.

I can only give some info about Toyota. I bought a Vios 2010 a few months ago from the Thaiyont dealer in Pattaya. The car came with a free "First Class" insurance from a company called Viriyah Insurance. You are supposed to be able to contact them 24/7 anywhere in Thailand on 02 305 8588. The insurance company is using Modiale as well on their 1557 hotline number. You are entitled to a free towing service up to a distance of 25 Kilometres and unlimited emergency roadside assistance throughout the period of insurance.

I have not had a need to use this service and have no idea how well it works, should there be a need to do so. :)

i m using the services provided by:

1. My car insurance company; if it is a car within 10th year, most insurance company provide the service, at a cost.

2. Credit cards; most likely u have a platinum card or "platinum select/ rewards/ wisdom..... etc....

SCB Personal Service

โทร. 02-777-7777 กด 3 และกด 4

ให้บริการ 7 วัน x 24 ชั่วโมง

3. If ur car is a Honda or Toyota; these 2 Japanese car makers provide the road side assistance services. (some other car makers like Porsche or BMW do provide the service too)

<br />
<br />very interesting the ThaiVisa link,<br /><br />what company provides the service ? <br />and does it cover upcountry services as well ?<br />
<br /><br />The company is CWC = Car World Club and yes, the coverage is nationwide<br />
<br /><br /><br />

and if you're as unlucky as we were you wait for 4 hours in a dangerous location on a scorching highway 10kms outside Nakhon Nowhere.

I'd rather recommend tow hooks, a tow rope, and a good friend travelling in convoy.