Patio Furniture In Chiang Mai

Pigman

Hi

I'm looking to buy some patio furniture - sofa and a couple of armchairs say. I'm looking at PE coated rattan, water hyacinth or teak, but I'm not sure which is the most durable and best suited to be left out in all seasons. Can I ask people:

• Which material is best suited to what I need? Is PE coated rattan the berst choice? Somebody else is paying (retirement gift from my old firm) and I've a budget up to about B25k, so I'm looking for good quality; and

• Where is best to look? Are there any outlets others could recommend please? Am I going to pay tourist prices if I look to source it from Baan Tawai?

Thanks.

Plastic Rattan. Good quality stuff looks like the real thing. Go for aluminum frame, not wood, if you want it to sit out during the rainy season. That doubles the price. Ban Towai is the place to get it made.

Yes, PVC with aluminium (powder coated) frames is the best option for durability. The sun is a bigger enemy than rain with PVC.

Erawan Waithai on Hangdong road about 5 k before the Baan Tawai turn off on the left- high quality, made to order furniture but very expensive.

For teak, the only place I can recommend for reliable, relatively inexpensive, made to order furntiure is a place in Baan Tawai called Pin Thana. 053434014. We had an outdoor day bed and coffee table, dining table and side tables made to order with a combo. of hard wood and teak. Looks kind of native in a contemporary way if you know what I mean...

Good workmanship. Time will tell I guess...