William Masters (Escape Bill)

Ulysses G.

Just curious why he was called "Escape Bill" and why he died so young at only 64??

I'll be 64 in February 2011.. and no plans on leaving yet.. Was he a drinker and smoker??

Can't say that I knew the guy, but considering the topic, this is a kinda insensitive post, don't you think?

RIP.

He was one of the owners of the Escape pub which was quite popular in Chiang Mai in its heyday and yes to the above question.

I did not know him well, but always enjoyed talking to him when at his establishment. He was a real old-fashioned Expat,

A lot of CM residents that I know have been helping take care of him since he began having strokes and he will be missed. :wai:

He was one of the owners of the Escape pub which was quite popular in Chiang Mai in its heyday and yes to the above question.

I did not know him well, but always enjoyed talking to him when at his establishment. He was a real old-fashioned Expat,

A lot of CM residents that I know have been helping take care of him since he began having strokes and he will be missed. :wai:

Is this the Bill that had the Escape restaurant up near the Prince Hotel?