A Message From The Pun Pun

ThePunPun

Let me start by saying Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and by offering best wishes to all for the upcoming holidays and New Year. With a very special thank you to all TV'er's, and non, who took the time to come out to The Pun Pun over this past year. Sincerely, a big thank you, as it is because you that The Pun Pun is still around.

You know for some weeks now I have been reading about the spectacular holiday feasts and dinner spreads being put out by some of the hotels and what have you , and have also been wondering what we at The Pun Pun should do for our annual holiday dinner. As quite a few others have stated while these feasts are very elaborate, the prices have become astronomical. I am not saying that the value is not there, I'm sure it is, but I can't help feel that the thoughts of the season may be straying off point, and getting out of line.

To all of those who are putting on this opportunity to feast out, I wish you all the success you earn and am not trying to be critical. But all this elaborate doo has given me a clear thought on what The Pun Pun will be doing for our Holiday Dinner Day.

All these feasts will, no doubt, be fantastic, but unfortunately while many of us would also enjoy any of them immensely, too many of us are experiencing harder and tighter times to be able to afford them comfortably. So whether it be due to hard times, the strength of the baht, or other reasons, The Pun Pun wishes , in keeping with the thought of the season, make a small season gift to you, of better than normal pricing.

On Christmas Day, we will be offering the following dinners.

For those with a modest amount of finance and wish to spend a little more, we offer

A Christmas Roast Turkey Dinner:

post-108940-0-43699500-1292821008_thumb.

Our previous price 550 baht will be reduced to 500 Baht

A Smoked , Bar-B-Qued Ham Dinner

post-108940-0-90985300-1292820977_thumb.

The 395 Baht price will be reduced to 350 Baht

...And for those on a even tighter budget, a Christmas Dinner of

Pun Pun's Fish n Chips

post-108940-0-10562900-1292821083_thumb.

Usually priced at 195 Baht, will be for this day , 150 Baht

Pun Pun's Chicken Fried Steak

post-108940-0-15132600-1292821122_thumb.

Usually 195 Baht, will this day be 150 Baht

I know these are not elaborate feasts , but just maybe some members , or nonmembers would like an alternate place to go for a friendly Holiday Dinner

Please, if you have interest in coming along to our dinner, or should have some questions get in touch with us either by PM or contact details are available in our Pun Pun Ad Banner at the top of the CM Forum page.

Also remember , our policy of TV members identifying themselves by screen name will also receive the normal TV discount.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Gonzo's Gang

Gonzo, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year smile.gif

I like the idea of having a varied menu on Christmas day and your price reduction is a nice touch.

However, I don't really think it's necessary to reduce your prices or state " for those on an even tighter budget", which will in my opinion make people less likely to order these other dishes.

The point being, not everyone wants to get stuffed with a gargantuan feast for whatever reason (could be health). But neither does anyone want to sit down with others, eating a smaller meal with the tag of being on a tighter budget hanging over them.

Your prices are OK and I know your food is good, so personally, I would feel more comfortable paying whatever your regular prices are and be grateful that I've found a place where I have a choice of dishes.

Edited by uptheos

Merry Christmas Uptheos

In part I do agree with you and the price reduction was not intended to insult or point fingers at anyone.

It was just a little way of giving something back to the good people who have helped us get along throughout the year, and I know some people are finding it hard to get along.

It is supposed to be the season of giving from the inner being, just for the sake of giving.

Didn't mean to offend you, my apologies.

Gonzo

Merry Christmas Uptheos

In part I do agree with you and the price reduction was not intended to insult or point fingers at anyone.

It was just a little way of giving something back to the good people who have helped us get along throughout the year, and I know some people are finding it hard to get along.

It is supposed to be the season of giving from the inner being, just for the sake of giving.

Didn't mean to offend you, my apologies.

Gonzo

No, no Gonzo, I wasn't offended at all and I hope I made it clear that your offer is good, and so is your food.

You know me, I'd rather it be 25 Baht rather than 250 Baht wink.gif

It's generous of you to give back something to those who have helped you, but in my opinion (for what it's worth), I would have simply made a price reduction as a gesture of goodwill, without the need to refer to those on tight budgets.......i.e, 'Good will to all men'.

That's all. smile.gif

Edited by uptheos

Seriously, pay more attention to the photo's and hire someone who understand this job. The menus on yellow and grey backgrounds look not nice at all ! This pictures and the whole presentation are so miserable and tasteless that I will defenitely NOT visit that place. (just a hint)

I prefer a Tom Yam Kai instead (35 baht) hmmm.... yummy !!!! Only the best for Christmas !

tom-yam-kai.jpg

Edited by bangkokcitylimits

Seriously, pay more attention to the photo's and hire someone who understand this job. The menus on yellow and grey backgrounds look not nice at all ! This pictures and the whole presentation are so miserable and tasteless that I will defenitely NOT visit that place. (just a hint)

I prefer a Tom Yam Kai instead (35 baht) hmmm.... yummy !!!! Only the best for Christmas !

tom-yam-kai.jpg

Oh, Woe is me...... You are ablsoutely entitled to your opionion. Really now I wasn't trying to take photos for Better Homes and Gardens.

...and to prove it works.. I thought for a minute you were going to make a reservation. Thanks for setting my mind at ease.

Happy Christmas Gonzo. I think your pictures look great! Sadly Mrs Millwall_fan and I will be otherwise engaged on Christmas Day, but we'll definitely get up to see you in the New Year! Hope you sell out!!

Best of seasons greetings back to you and the Mrs,, Pedr.

Do look forward to meeting you both sometime in the near future. May you be so busy for the holidays that you are as tired as can be, but still with a smile on your face.

Thanks for all your kind words throughout the year

Gonzo

Edited by ThePunPun

Well Gonzo, as you know, I always cook for the daughters birthday (Christmas eve), but since bangkokcitylimits has declared them self a no show at Pun Pun, I will stop by for a toddy and take something home to spice up a otherwise colorless meal. Happy holidays to you, the master chef. and others who turn out your mouth watering meals.

"...but I can't help feel that the thoughts of the season may be straying off point, and getting out of line."

I am happy know that someone in business feels this way about the spirit of the season. It's no accident that I am in Thailand during the xmas season, which is completely out of control in the USA, and just not fun anymore. Bah! Humbug!

I'm going to Tak to get a bit farther away from "xmas spirit" , but I appreciate the Pun Pun sentiments. :jap:

Wow! ... So to summarize your post:

Bah, Humbug!

Signed,

Ebenezer Scrooge

Oh, Woe is me...... You are ablsoutely entitled to your opionion. Really now I wasn't trying to take photos for Better Homes and Gardens.

...and to prove it works.. I thought for a minute you were going to make a reservation. Thanks for setting my mind at ease.

Yeah sorry for being honest (as usual) but if you think the quality of your food is worth you really need to mind the presentation.

I hope you can find a photographer via this forum, although food-photography is a job apart it's not that simple.

Delicious presentation will boost your sales a lot for sure.

Cheers and Merry Christmas and good sales !

;)

Edited by bangkokcitylimits

Yeah sorry for being honest (as usual) but if you think the quality of your food is worth you really need to mind the presentation.

I hope you can find a photographer via this forum, although food-photography is a job apart it's not that simple.

Delicious presentation will boost your sales a lot for sure.

Cheers and Merry Christmas and good sales !

;)

Yes I am a big fan of a turkey diner. But I could not tell from the photo any thing about the stuffing. I like mine moist also the cranberry sauce do they have it is it Jelly or berry? I prefer the Jelly myself. I think I am in the minority.

Perhaps a bit more of a description would help. I presume you need a reservation.

Yes I am a big fan of a turkey diner. But I could not tell from the photo any thing about the stuffing. I like mine moist also the cranberry sauce do they have it is it Jelly or berry? I prefer the Jelly myself. I think I am in the minority.

Perhaps a bit more of a description would help. I presume you need a reservation.

There is included both wet and dry stuffing. Served with Cranberry Sauce Jelly, and yes reservations are necessary.

Thank you for asking and your thoughts and Wishing you a very Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

G

Gonzo.s food may not be photogenic. Presentation is not his strongest suit and if you want tiny artisticly aranged worksof art it may be be better not to go there. What he does give is huge servings of home style food which are good value and good eating.

To be honest it doesn't look that appetizing based on the photos but I bet in person it smells and tastes great.

Also its probably how it really looks... How many times have I ordered something based on a photo or advertising and in real life it looks like a wet rat or something.

The days of Chanchao making his restaurant reviews with pictures are surely missed.

Gonzo.s food may not be photogenic. Presentation is not his strongest suit and if you want tiny artisticly aranged worksof art it may be be better not to go there. What he does give is huge servings of home style food which are good value and good eating.

So very true reputation is a lot.

If Gonzo did not have such a good one I would not consider him. The picture would turn me off. As is I know it is a decent meal no matter how the picture makes it look. I am commenting only on the turkey diner. And Gonzo has been kind enough to tell me a little bit about it.

In my opinion any one that would take the time to make both moist and dry stuffing is some one who really cares about what they are doing.:jap:

May you all enjoy a festive season.

tom-yam-kai.jpg

I'm afraid I have to agree. Yes Pun Pun's food is more about taste and quantity than presentation but why not have both. With the photos it really wouldn't take much. In fact I think doing less would look much better. A picture of the dish on simple wooden background would look much better than a table cloth in the wrong colour.

I understand this thread wasn't started as a dicussion on food photography. However bangkokcitylimits did raise a fair point and one that could help Pun Pun look even better.

GUANO

tom-yam-kai.jpg

I'm afraid I have to agree. Yes Pun Pun's food is more about taste and quantity than presentation but why not have both. With the photos it really wouldn't take much. In fact I think doing less would look much better. A picture of the dish on simple wooden background would look much better than a table cloth in the wrong colour.

I understand this thread wasn't started as a dicussion on food photography. However bangkokcitylimits did raise a fair point and one that could help Pun Pun look even better.

GUANO

If any of that was remotely true people's food and sexual appetites would be sated by thumbing through cookbooks and Playboy magazines

http://onegoodmove.org/fallacy/style.htm

I think I'll be stopping by for some of those fish and chips. Looks good!

Sir of the Pun Pun,

There is a possibility that I'll be having guests for Christmas Dinner. These are folks with regular appetites who enjoy. I figure that we four should be able to polish off one of the turkey dinners. I'm still living off the Superman Breakfast I had last month.

I realize that his would be missing out on the seating, but we four have a lot of catching up to do. Is it possible to order take-away (at the old price, given packaging and kitchen pressures etc.)????

A. Christmas Eve Day?

B. Christmas Day?

PS I appear to have a condition which allows me to see the food on the plates that you show, and my critical faculties turn to thoughts of food, not tablecloths. Should I see a doctor?

Edited by CMX

Sir of the Pun Pun,

There is a possibility that I'll be having guests for Christmas Dinner. These are folks with regular appetites who enjoy. I figure that we four should be able to polish off one of the turkey dinners. I'm still living off the Superman Breakfast I had last month.

I realize that his would be missing out on the seating, but we four have a lot of catching up to do. Is it possible to order take-away (at the old price, given packaging and kitchen pressures etc.)????

A. Christmas Eve Day?

B. Christmas Day?

PS I appear to have a condition which allows me to see the food on the plates that you show, and my critical faculties turn to thoughts of food, not tablecloths. Should I see a doctor?

Sorry to say that I am not sorry for your condition. As a regular TV Mighty Muncher, tell me what is best for you and I will try and make your Christmas wish true

G