Who Wants To Brew?

badlee

Any of you fellow CM non-natives into homebrewing?

I have a bit of homebrew going on and would like know if there are and would be brewers out there :crazy:.

I have a pumpkin and oat ale fermenting at the moment and what I call "fart in the dark fairground ale" in bottles under my stairs(its heavenly if you like winter real ale!)

So,let us know ,maybe we can pool info and recipes,from the simple to the downright hard,I git the brew a go!

Don't wish to spoil your fun but just for your information I think home brew is not legal in the land of smiles.

Thats the problem with thinking. Home brew IS Legal. http://www.thaivisa....home-brew-wine/

This is a quote of a post from the link you provided.

"When I wrote the replies to the above:

1) I was not a moderator at the time

2) I was wrong - making any form of alcohol in Thailand without a license is illegal. Home brewing while given the blind eye treatment is definitely against the law. Several posters cited the law and I verified it myself out of interest. "

I am thinking you need to read a little more :)

Don't wish to spoil your fun but just for your information I think home brew is not legal in the land of smiles.

Thats the problem with thinking. Home brew IS Legal. http://www.thaivisa....home-brew-wine/

This is a quote of a post from the link you provided.

"When I wrote the replies to the above:

1) I was not a moderator at the time

2) I was wrong - making any form of alcohol in Thailand without a license is illegal. Home brewing while given the blind eye treatment is definitely against the law. Several posters cited the law and I verified it myself out of interest. "

I am thinking you need to read a little more :)

Sorry about that garyh, you are correct.:jap: But I'm sure not going to bust the wife's family and the local cop shop over the their local moonshine I have been sampling over the pass 6 weeks.:lol:

Legalities aside, when this was discussed in the past it was decided that the logistics of obtaining the quantities of malt required to brew beer made it hardly worth while.

My own research indicated the nearest brewing supplies had to come from Singapore.

Of course if you want to malt any available grain, which would be rice around here it may work.

Thats the problem with thinking. Home brew IS Legal. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/95051-home-brew-wine/

Random strangers opinions on ThaiVisa does not a law statute make. :)

Been confirmed by police to be illegal.. Hence the inability to get brew kits. Presumably to not threaten the iron grip of certain families on the beer trade (unlike vietnam where a large 'green beer' underground exists and tastes good).

I doubt anyones going to come kick your door down.. But thats the rules it seems.