Difference In Riding A Cruiser And A Sport Bike

floridaguy

The probablem with the new cheap ER6 is alot of born again bikers or unskilled people get on them and think they are a GP racer :lol: They are just a cheap and nasty half ass go at a sports bike.

Noobs and pros crash bikes all the time, but dare I say most Sport Bike riders at least wear some proper gear and a sport bike, even a cheap one like the ER6 still has better handling and brakes than anything manufactured by HD.

Edited by BigBikeBKK

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter how you look at it the ER 650 is one of the cheapest sports bikes when not having a sports bike out there :whistling:

Its a budget bike, and nothing wrong with that other than when you want to compair it to a real sports bike. I nearly bought one for my wife too :lol:

You should have.......

Harleys are a bit to village people for me....something not right about having your feet in front off your knees on a bike.....Mmmmm.....in the navy :lol:

Oh and if your friend got blown by a hog he aint much of a rider...

Edited by rizla

I've got to say that Harley crash was just superb :D The woman's comment 'Why would they do that?' had me in stitches. I don't know if she was referring to their choice of bike, dress sense or riding style? There were some fine specimens of manhood in that Harley gang. One guy had the physique of a football. Kind of reminds me of those 'Every Way but Lose' movies with Clint Eastwood and the chimp.

No matter how you look at it the ER 650 is one of the cheapest sports bikes when not having a sports bike out there :whistling:

Its a budget bike, and nothing wrong with that other than when you want to compair it to a real sports bike. I nearly bought one for my wife too :lol:

well I did buy one for my GF :)

post-81971-0-27649800-1310445078_thumb.jpost-81971-0-66767700-1310445159_thumb.j

blue one in pickup is her, dropped it first day, slippers no sneakers made it difficult to get feet to ground. No further problems :)

she couldnt keep up with the sportsbikes riding her Dtracker 250, had to ride with the harleys :whistling:

You should have.......

Harleys are a bit to village people for me....something not right about having your feet in front off your knees on a bike.....Mmmmm.....in the navy :lol:

Oh and if your friend got blown by a hog he aint much of a rider...

Why would that be ? I bet you really know alot about bikes :lol:

Again I find most ER riders to be new guys to big bikes or old riders returning to the road, they are a cheap budget bike that most can afford, why dont you guys just accept that.

I accept that the ER is a great cheap commuter bike but dont try and tell me its fast :lol: you old fellars are funny

I would be ashamed to try and call my bike a sports bike and then get taken out in the speed power steaks by a HD :D ,

well I did buy one for my GF :)

post-81971-0-27649800-1310445078_thumb.jpost-81971-0-66767700-1310445159_thumb.j

blue one in pickup is her, dropped it first day, slippers no sneakers made it difficult to get feet to ground. No further problems :)

she couldnt keep up with the sportsbikes riding her Dtracker 250, had to ride with the harleys :whistling:

Dont worry we will take care of her :lol:

:cheesy:
Squid
A young motorcyclist who overestimates his abilities, boasts of his riding skills when in reality he has none. Squid bikes are usually decorated with chrome and various anodized bits. Rear tyres are too wide for their own good, swingarm extended. Really slow in the corners, and sudden bursts of acceleration when a straight appears. Squids wear no protection, deeming themselves invincible.

A real sport bike rider wouldn't probably ride his bike with only his drawers on, now would he? Edited by RED21

Sportsbike: Power, lightning fast acceleration, needs a lot of concentration and skills. uncomfortable, cruiser is opposite.

My Gixxer has a lot of power, can certainly go lightning fast when I want it to. Riding always requires concentration and skill, doesn't it? Though I guess I'd have to agree that a cruiser requires less skill to ride than a sport bike... :rolleyes:

Bira6FebTonyGixxerSSR.jpg

Oh, and my Gixxer is extremely comfortable... Have done plenty of 1000km days on the Gixxer and it's never been uncomfortable.

0121Route12Cafe2Sm.jpg

Again I find most ER riders to be new guys to big bikes or old riders returning to the road, they are a cheap budget bike that most can afford, why dont you guys just accept that.

I accept that the ER is a great cheap commuter bike but dont try and tell me its fast :lol: you old fellars are funny

God bless you jap.gif

Apparently in Thailand, ER-6 riders are the real bad ass. Thank you Kawasaki for bringing a real bike on the market.

Poor bikers who bought HD 883, Honda RC51, Triumph Speed Triple, they just waste their money big time... rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

God bless you jap.gif

Apparently in Thailand, ER-6 riders are the real bad ass. Thank you Kawasaki for bringing a real bike on the market.

Poor bikers who bought HD 883, Honda RC51, Triumph Speed Triple, they just waste their money big time... rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Be real here, a hard core rider of sports bike rider from most countrys will not touch a er with a ten fooot pole unless he doesnt have the money for a real sports bike. I ride HD and JAP on and off road,

ERs are for the budget rider that cant afford a real sports bike. Its realy that simple

ER spells cheap :lol:

ERs are for the budget rider :jap:

so get a grip they are as fast as me honda click and yes you can strip them down and run around a track but at the end of the day they are still a cheap junky bike for poor people. if you had money and any brain you wouldnt buy one :lol:

Edited by Shocktreatment

ERs are for the budget rider :jap:

so get a grip they are as fast as me honda click and yes you can strip them down and run around a track but at the end of the day they are still a cheap junky bike for poor people. if you had money and any brain you wouldnt buy one :lol:

You're just pissed cuz your over priced HD can't keep up with a cheap ER6 :lol:

Yes I have a couple of harleys but still have one sports bike had a good week and sold three last week :whistling: ,

I like all bikes big and small but Ers are just cheap ass junk, yes they are great because they are cheap and do a great job for little money but come on they have to be one of the lowest spec sport bikes on the market. they are a entry level bike. They aint no ZXR they aint no GSXR they are a budget motorcycle

What sort of sports bike get left at lights by a harley :lol:

God bless you jap.gif

Wouldnt touch the 883 but dont put your ER junk up with the speed triple :jap:

Yes I have a couple of harleys but still have one sports bike had a good week and sold three last week :whistling: ,

I like all bikes big and small but Ers are just cheap ass junk, yes they are great because they are cheap and do a great job for little money but come on they have to be one of the lowest spec sport bikes on the market. they are a entry level bike. They aint no ZXR they aint no GSXR they are a budget motorcycle

What sort of sports bike get left at lights by a harley :lol:

plenty of harleys, almost all, are left behind by ex650 in a straight line, and all in any curve

plenty of bikes at 600k in TH without the brakes of 250k ex650

to bad you are unable to relate to reality, reality in uk, us and TH, according to magazines in these markets ex650 is on par with other bikes at same price in uk and us. Some tests they simply win. In Thailand its half the price of the same bikes

takes brain and sense of economics to buy a couple ex650

I have a ER6n but i also have a gsxr1000k5 track bike, 2008 CBR1000rr and a gsxr1000k5 in canada for whenever i go visit. So whats your reasoning for me buying a ER6n, its obvious that i can afford whatever bike i want.

Also, if you think the ER6n is not a sportbike, any day you feel like you can lap thailand circuit on the bike of your choice faster then i can on the ER6n then let me know. Just to give you a heads up, i ran a 1:30:20 today and i've only been riding track since March.

Colin

Well Colin arent you my hero :D

will have you know my harley scares old ladys and makes kids cry.

Well its a pretty sorry sports bike that gets left behind by a harley :rolleyes: let me know when you want to line your ER up in a drag race.

Only a mug would buy a ER6 if they had money for a better bike not only that they are dog ugly and well under powered shit suspention when pushed, I was sick in my mouth a little bit when I rode one. Has the top speed of a cruiser.

Calling a bike a sports bike and then having a harley pull away from you says it all.

But if you are happy with your budget track bike thats what counts

God bless you jap.gif

Poor bikers who bought HD 883, Honda RC51, Triumph Speed Triple, they just waste their money big time... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wouldnt touch the 883 but dont put your ER junk up with the speed triple :jap:

How on earth can you compare a 650cc ER6n that sells for 245k Baht to a 1050cc Speed Triple that sells for 799K Baht?! :rolleyes:

Apples and Oranges, no? :lol: