Packing A Bike For Airline Travel

drtreelove

I'm getting ready to pack up my bike again to hit the trails in California, and remembered this thread from the Suvarnabhumi airport forum. - Thought that it should be referenced here on the cycling forum.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/322105-bringing-my-mountain-bike-to-thailand/page__p__3215310__hl__bicycle__fromsearch__1#entry3215310

if you can find a new Cannondale box they are wider and much better to ship with.... Same volume but easier to pack and more protective of the bike.

The new Cannondale boxes are 47" x 12" x 28"

Even if you have to pay a little to get one then they really nice... broader base so it doesn't fall over as easy also.

if you can find a new Cannondale box they are wider and much better to ship with.... Same volume but easier to pack and more protective of the bike.

Even if you have to pay a little to get one then they really nice... broader base so it doesn't fall over as easy also.

Sounds good, 12" width would allow for padding at the rear axle where mine usually rubs through the cardboard. Any idea who's got a Cannondale box for sale?

When I checked into proper bike suit cases they were sweet but quite expensive.

Sounds good, 12" width would allow for padding at the rear axle where mine usually rubs through the cardboard. Any idea who's got a Cannondale box for sale?

When I checked into proper bike suit cases they were sweet but quite expensive.

would be a longshot here in CM but I have seen a few Cannondales out and about. Probably more possible in BKK. When you back in the US try to get one and hold onto it.... It's so much nicer.