• Latest posts...

1. 4

Kamala Harris' Election Prospects Slip in Prediction Market Amid Trump's Surge

2. 9

Thailand Live Thursday 10 October 2024

3. 0

Thailand Tightens Airport Screening Amid Afghanistan Health Alert

4. 2

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

5. 9

6. 1

Pattaya Enhances Safety Measures with Realistic Fire Drill on School Buses

7. 4

Kamala Harris' Election Prospects Slip in Prediction Market Amid Trump's Surge

8. 24

CNG and LPG vehicles face crackdown after tragic school bus fire

9. 0

Construction Worker Struck by Lightning While Seeking Shelter from Heavy Rain: Pathum Thani

10. 8

Drunk Indian Tourist Assaulted After Harassing Woman on Pattaya Beach

11. 9

12. 8

Why Do You Even Drink?

13. 172

Ukraine ... Enlighten yourself

Cross Walk Schedules

toenail

As I observed the new pedistrian walkways with traffic lights working and sometimes not working -(just the caution light blinking), and some work along Beach Rd. and @nd Rd. while others seem to be turned off, I wonder if there is a schedule of when these work or a kind of forumula that the city has worked out.

Seems to me that anytime there is increased traffic expected in town the pedestrian lights, on Beach Road at least, are switched off. (Flashing amber caution for traffic, red for pedestrians) This appears to account for every weekend, possibly from Friday night, and every 'festival' or 'event', which of course included Christmas and New Year, that attracts the Bangkok crowd to town.

I wonder if there is a schedule of when these work or a kind of forumula that the city has worked out.

That would actually require some thought and planning which is not something City Hall are renowned for.

Seems to me like they are turned off when they are most needed, i.e when there is the largest volume of pedestrian and vehicular traffic.

Check them at 07:30am when everyne is in bed, they probably work fine then.

Edited by PattayaParent

city hall and the police have realised their costly mistake in that thais are too thick and stupid to recognise anything that might save lives and now know that the thai drivers / riders will ignore any command unless a policeman is there to enforce it--------------------------having said that they stream over red lights anyway whilst the lazy cops stand and watch-----------------------so now the money has provided a better way of killing off farangs and the farangs who do stop get smacked from behind by a stupid thai driver who thought they wouldnt stop and will then get 500 witnessess to blame the farang