Why Do You Stay In Thailand If You Think Your Country Is Better?

KRS1

Jingthing said it best.... 100 people. 100 reasons

Actually, I don't hear the OP saying one place is better than another. He's only asking a question. But, my only reply to the question is why concern yourself with other people's goals in life and hopes? All of us can compare the good and the bad wherever they live. We all have a different set of criteria. Some of the things we might complain about are the very things that make us enjoy wherever we are... whether it's Thailand, US, Australia or the UK.

I love Canada, but I don't like its long, cold wet winters. Hence I'm in thailand during that time. I love the beauty and freedom of Canada in the spring, summer and fall. I love my family in Canada but I love the beautiful women in Thailand. At my age I don't have access to that in Canada. It's really quite simple.

... and I've met thousands of beautiful women in Thailand ...

Depending on how long you've been in Thailand I would believe you. Of course, MEETING beautiful women and actually knowing them is an entirely different subject.

No -- I personally haven't met even hundreds ... I've been in Thailand full-time for 7 years ... Regardless of how many I have met I would only claim to know 3 ... but then again -- depending upon who they are -- that's really all it takes... I'll let others dwell in the Charlie Sheen-type numbers... because unlike others I don't know the game well and find it quite amusing.

No -- I personally haven't met even hundreds ... I've been in Thailand full-time for 7 years ... Regardless of how many I have met I would only claim to know 3 ... but then again -- depending upon who they are -- that's really all it takes... I'll let others dwell in the Charlie Sheen-type numbers... because unlike others I don't know the game well and find it quite amusing.

I agree, if you are lucky enough to have known a few great women in yout life then you are lucky. It only takes one if you both are in love. But, it might take a little time and luck to find the right one. Right now I have only two special ladies in my life and they are enough for me. That doesn't mean I can't flirt with others.

I agree, if you are lucky enough to have known a few great women in yout life then you are lucky. It only takes one if you both are in love. But, it might take a little time and luck to find the right one. Right now I have only two special ladies in my life and they are enough for me. That doesn't mean I can't flirt with others.

Two?!!! :blink:

Two?!!! :blink:

Nothing wrong with more as one girl.. as long as they both agree.

Anyway I love Thailand and there are many things i don't like about it. Similar to Holland i complained too about the things that i did not like there. Seems obvious that as long as the good things outnumber the bad things you stay. That does not mean however you cant voice an opinion about the bad things

The question is a false construct and way too simplistic.

Most rational people would find some things they find better in their home country, and some things better in Thailand.

Bashing? What does that mean? Criticism? Comments about reality that aren't all positive pablum? Yes I know what real bashing is, but I think most of the comments here about Thailand are reality based, so therefore not bashing.

That says it all from my learned cyber friend, therefore silly topic.

Edited by Kwasaki

Most of the things that I don't like in Thailand involve white people.

If they would all just go home, things would be so much better here!

I bet at somepoint youve been one of those tourists who complains about Thailand becoming too touristy.

I blame anyone with a Staffordshire Bull terrier, what cnuts all those people clearly are.

Right now I have only two special ladies in my life ... Assuming they are special ladies here in Thailand, how can you then say to them 'Sorry dear -- it's fishing season in BC ... catch you later.' ? ... we all have a mutual hard time being apart for my 3 week state-side trips each year ...