Fake Kingston Usb Sticks

pjclark1

I've been seeing these everywhere, very cheap, very fake. They appear to work at first. But they corrupt files after a very short period. At the market stall when the guy shows you it working, it sort of does, but only for small files, and only a short while. Don't waste your money. You have been warned!

No engraving on the USB connector of the one I bought.

All the packaging was entirely correct.

The drive corrupts when you load more than about 2gb of data onto it.

Tried 2 from the market stall, both the same.

There at least 5 different sets of traders on street markets selling these fakes

Bo Sang festival, Sunday walking market, etc.

It is safe to assume, at any market in Thailand, that any product with a name brand or corporate logo is pirated/copied and is infringing copyrights and of very inferior quaility. You name it, it's pretty much guaranteed to be a fake.

Which means that any electronic item that you buy from a street vendor in Thailand is a fake. Your better off just burning your money.:lol:

It is safe to assume, at any market in Thailand, that any product with a name brand or corporate logo is pirated/copied and is infringing copyrights and of very inferior quaility. You name it, it's pretty much guaranteed to be a fake.

Which means that any electronic item that you buy from a street vendor in Thailand is a fake. Your better off just burning your money.:lol:

Or that Tag Heuer stops ticking, or the soles fall off those Nikes, or the handle tears off that Gucci bag, or that software corrupts your hard drive.......'you pays your money you takes your chance'

'

sometime , the lack of common sense to see a product of just 16gb selling for more then 700b -1200b and yet you can believe that a 64gb or 128gb stick can sell for less then 500b .

is the greed in us that point us the path of lie .

There at least 5 different sets of traders on street markets selling these fakes

There are more than 5 sellers selling them. They are everywhere. I knew they were Chinese fakes when I saw them first about a month ago. Come on....8 GB for 299 Baht? Use common sense people.

There are more than 5 sellers selling them. They are everywhere. I knew they were Chinese fakes when I saw them first about a month ago. Come on....8 GB for 299 Baht? Use common sense people.

Absolutely... with a bit of bargaining skill you can get it down to 199 Baht. wink.gif

Absolutely... with a bit of bargaining skill you can get it down to 199 Baht. wink.gif

Thanks for posting on the fake kingstons......my kids just bought a couple at the San Kapheng walking street market and i was amazed at the price. Luckily I read this post before they plugged them into my pc that they use for gaming.

Maybe the mods should move this to the computer forum.

I have nothing but praise for the real kingston usb sticks........I have one that has been going strong for a couple of years and has even been thru the washing machine twice and still works.....bulletproof.

This also happens with cheap 'Kingston' SD cards, I bought 2 on Ebay, 32GB class 6 for £12 each , a 'bargain'. They were not recognised by my two Panasonic cameras ( for video) but seemed to work as SD cards on the iMac to start with. NO!!!!!!! they corrupted large files and I've thrown them away! Not again. For me Transcend 16GB from Amazon work just fine.

My gf actually got a refund of 499bht from the guy tonight!

I told her if she could get a refund, she could keep the money.

He was doomed!

I was going to bitch about what relationship-mechanics lead to offering money incentives for anything to your significant other, but upon further reflection it's actually funny enough to not bother with such details. :lol:

Getting money back from a street vendor.. That's impressive. Next assignment: getting wine from a stone. Ok if it's Mont Clair. :D

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai