I Have A New Laptop...

Boater

so i have bought a new laptop, and all the latest windows is installed plus microsoft office 2011

i would like to transfer my outlook from my old computer to my new computer so i can carry on with my emails.

i have googled how to do, but not so much luck.

So question, how do i transfer all my outlook emails and information from my old comp to my new comp? , i have an external hard drive, as i know you need to back it up somewhere.

PS my old comp is outlook 2008 i think

many thanks

If your old pc is winds xp or later you can use windows easy transfer to transfer all documents, email, contacts and settings. Tell it to put it on the external drive to transfer.

Or if you only want to copy outlook files, it has export and import.

You need to move the Outlook.pst file. Thats the one that will have all your folders/emails etc in.

Its usually located in AppData folder. Just copy it to usb stick or external drive then put it in place of the file created by outlook on your new computer.

This is all assuming you dont know how, or couldnt use the import/export facility availble in windows as suggested previously.

You need to move the Outlook.pst file. Thats the one that will have all your folders/emails etc in.

Its usually located in AppData folder. Just copy it to usb stick or external drive then put it in place of the file created by outlook on your new computer.

This is all assuming you dont know how, or couldnt use the import/export facility availble in windows as suggested previously.

If you don't have show hidden files set in folder options you will not see the files.