Formula 1 In 2011

wackysleet

Is qualifying on 107?

It is on Star Sports at 18:50 today....... Sorry always move the channels to where I want them so have no idea of what number..

It vanished last night, but found it today and moved it back to where i want it.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Slater considers qualifying the most exciting part of a GP w/end. If that is the case there is something wrong with the sport.

I missed that. Was he just referring to Hungary where overtaking is so difficult in the race?

• 4 weeks later...

Another great race!

It was good to see Vettel working for his money and showing that he had learned how to overtake properly :lol:.

Jenson also had a good race and, I don't need to tell you how happy I was at Schumi's race after starting dead last!

• 2 weeks later...

Well Schumi back to his old tactics, well done Jenson. Shame the accident spoilt the start but great no one was hurt.

Yes, Hamilton has never been known to weave in front of someone trying to overtake him...:D.

After his 'tactics' in Malaysia (?) last year (far worse than MS in the last race) IIRC he received a warning. Doubtless MS will receive a penalty if he does it again.

As a Schumi fan (therefore v biased), I thought he was v clever - he moved off the racing line to block and then back onto the racing line. Questionable admittedly, but border-line as far as the rules are concerned.

LH stood no chance of overtaking when he ended up with 2 wheels on the grass. He was not alongside MS so was not 'forced' onto the grass - he misjudged it.

Full credit to LH though. It was always obvious that LH had a far faster car than MS and was being held up. I was sure he was going to try one of his 'over-optimistic' moves (expecting MS to just give way) - resulting in a collision between them. He has obviously finally realised that this is not always the way to do it. Instead, he waited and eventually found the right moment to overtake.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a good time at the Singapore F1 this weekend. Thankfully it stayed dry.

SV is in a class of his own, although Jenson gave him a run for his money after Schumi stuffed his car into the wall...which was quite impressive.

It was really busy and there was lots of entertainment. I had the misfortune to endure Boy George and Rick Astley though ( the stage was not far from the bar ).

The price of the weekend pass is excessive though, at 650 pound sterling its soemthing that I wouldn't pay, personally. Just as well that my pass was through my work ( free ).

Roll on next year......will be off to watch the MotoGp in Sepang next month.

• 2 weeks later...

Live qualifying on saturday, but according the the true magazine, no live coverage from Japan on sunday!!

Actually, according to the magazine the race is on ESPN but True's website shows it on Star sports. Time will tell which channel it will be on.

Sophon