Non-O Extension - New Procedure

I have been extending my stay now for 3 years and this is the first time that I have encountered being photographed with my family via a webcam by the immigration officer during the interview process. The photo, along with personal details about me copied from my TM7 and passport, were uploaded to the Royal Thai Police website. Has anyone else experienced this with other non-immigrant visa applications or extension of stays?

This is a new one on me. But everyone who enters and leaves the Kingdom by air is photographed - maybe just an extension of that procedure.

Or maybe its an indication that Imm is finally going online with their records.

Edited by clinique

This is a new one on me. But everyone who enters and leaves the Kingdom by air is photographed - maybe just an extension of that procedure.

It was not a case of immigration accessing its own website.

The immigration officer actually logged onto the Royal Thai Police website. I watched as she entered a user-name and password to access the website.

Edited by venturalaw

Anyone who leaves or enters by land border is also photographed on webcam, they are right in front of you while the Immigration Officer deals with your passport.

Anyone who leaves or enters by land border is also photographed on webcam, they are right in front of you while the Immigration Officer deals with your passport.

Been through that procedure many times. However, on this occasion, as previously stated, information from my TM7 form was uploaded, including my home address, and additional information that is not included, i.e. a family photo, when entering or exiting the country. I'm not complaining, merely informing and wondering if this is, as previously stated, occurring to those who hold other types of visas during the application for extension process.