E-Mail Notification To Subscribed Forums And Topics

opalhort

Has something gone wrong with the e-mail notification system?

I have not received any notification since late last night.

Have checked my settings and all is as should be but a few new topics and replies have been posted for which I should have received notifications.

It's very hard for us to see if notification emails really reaches the recipient or not, we can see that our SMTP server connects correctly, but then its all out of our control.

I have reset the outgoing mailserver for now, and pushed out a few pending emails.

If you have an Yahoo email address, change your email address to something else, as Yahoo Mail treats notification emails from many forums and community websites as spam and just refuses to deliver them.

I am monitoring our outgoing forum emails for now. Please let me know if this have helped so far.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if the notification of topics facility was down again, I haven't had a notification for well over 24 hours and I am aware that some of the topics I am subscribed to have had replies? My settings seem to be ok.

I was wondering if the notification of topics facility was down again, I haven't had a notification for well over 24 hours and I am aware that some of the topics I am subscribed to have had replies? My settings seem to be ok.

Oh well, looks like it's just me then.

Oh well, looks like it's just me then.

If you are using Yahoo mail, that could be the reason, as Yahoo has problems with forum notification emails, not only from Thaivisa, but most forums.

We recommend to not use Yahoo email addresses for this reason.