Who'S Been To A Mini Tops?

BillR

fingers-crossed that it's western fare, BillR! i loathe the sai yuan 7-11! saw the new family mart near the crepes place...it's not open yet...

Opens tonight I think. Family Mart is Japanese owned, so should have different variety to 7-11

TOPS opens tonight? or are you talking about Family Mart? I lived in Japan for five years, and lived off of Family Mart for a majority of that time...I've only ever stopped in the one in Phuket Town, so hopefully this one will have a bit more diversity than 7-11 & Tesco Lotus.

fingers-crossed that it's western fare, BillR! i loathe the sai yuan 7-11! saw the new family mart near the crepes place...it's not open yet...

Opens tonight I think. Family Mart is Japanese owned, so should have different variety to 7-11

Hate to telly ou this but 7/11 is also Japanese owned. Was sold to some Japanese Mega-corp several years ago.

Hate to telly ou this but 7/11 is also Japanese owned. Was sold to some Japanese Mega-corp several years ago.

Everybody, please use the Mom&Pop shops when you can over these Tesco/7/Tops places. One huge advantage to the Mom&Pop is typically they don't have to follow the completely ludicrous "can only sell alcohol at these hours" law.

i always use the mom & pop shops for veggies, and almost always for beer...but GOM, i am curious to see what the TOPS will have in it!

I'm with you amyb, I "try" and use the Mom&Pops as much as possible but am definitely guilty of the convenience of the convenience stores due to the fact that now we've got them every 100meters.

If you're looking for a reasonable selection of western fare in Rawai/Nai Harn the Thai-Chinese grocer across from Nikita's has the fare... I avoid the 7s as well...

definitely! i love this place and all of the little treasures to be found in here!

i always use the mom & pop shops for veggies, and almost always for beer...but GOM, i am curious to see what the TOPS will have in it!

I'm with you amyb, I "try" and use the Mom&Pops as much as possible but am definitely guilty of the convenience of the convenience stores due to the fact that now we've got them every 100meters.

GOM, you know the 7-11 that's by both of our houses--the one i always see you at? beware of the new girl that is working in there! yesterday morning, i dropped in to get a 12 pack of chang plastic water bottles...she rang them up and said, "650 THB". i looked at her, and politely asked in thai, "why is the water so expensive?" and she gave me some bullsh*t answer like there was a water shortage in phuket!?!?! i told her i didn't want the water and asked to speak to her supervisor. the real price of the water was 70 THB! silly little b*tch tried to seriously rip me off...i have had cases like that in this 7-11 more than once...don't think i'll be hitting that 7-11 up anymore! :)

Hopefully it cannot be any worse than Tesco !!! I also see a family mart has sprung up next to pancake place further down on Sai Yuan

Went into TOPS on Sunday evening - what a let down !!!!! similar to tesco :angry: