Extension Of Stay Based On Marriage

The photos are the fun bit. My wife and I sleep in separate rooms and have done so for many years. But come visa extension time, it is out with the camera to take pictures of a "shared bedroom". It really is pointless as there are so many other things in the house which clearly indicate we live together.

Would I be rejected for an extension for not sharing the bedroom with my wife. Seems silly.

Lopburi, I am reading this thread because my visa is "used" and my last extension expires 4/16. Getting our marriage certificate has gone slowly, me waiting for stateside docs, etc. What with the holidays before expiration day, we've got a time crunch, to get my marriage visa in place. Is the TM.7 applicable in my case? If not, the only option I know of would be to go to Vientiane Thai Embassy for a new tourist visa......unless they would give me another ext. stamp.

Thanks. I have never exerienced so much bureaucratic entanglement in my life!

-Will

The thread is about one year extension of stay so the requirements are not the same as for a 60 day extension.

Unless on a 60 day tourist visa (30 days extension available) or having outbound ticket within a week (7 days available) or legal marriage (60 days available) or needing medical treatment (not sure about stress 90 days available) using TM7. Marriage is normally a very simple process but if you expect extended delay a tourist visa might be best - if only a week or two a simple border crossing and return would work.

Yes, you can get an extension of 60 days from immirgaiton and at the end of that one apply for the 1 year extension.

The 60 day extension is easy to get and doesn't require you to show income or money in the bank.

I saw the comment whereby an American may have to show his bank account details if using a letter from the Embassy. The account where I actually receive that money is in Singapore and joint account with the wife...and I only have statement up to December...Sheesh! I do have an account here with my name only, but I had to take out a bit from the 400K sitting there recently...I guess I can go for a 60 day as Plan B...

Asking for proof is actually rare.

They might ask for proof to see that you have some money to spend. Usually showing a bankbook with some money is it is enough.

The 60 day extension is indeed a back-up plan.

No you can always extend up to 30 days early, and the extension still starts from the day your current permission to stay ends. So it gives you extra time, while not losing any days.