Finn Charged With Arson In 5M Baht Pattaya Shophouse Fire

Rimmer

Friends Fall Out – Flying Finn Flees Fire

PATTAYA: -- Hell hath no fury like a Finn falling out with his friend. He may even take to dousing him with petrol and setting the house on fire, almost razing it to the ground and incurring damage in excess of 5 million Baht. His friend even had to leap from the blazing building to avoid being roasted.

Pattaya- March 6, 2011[PDN]; at 09.30 am; Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Unit staff of Pattaya, Chonburi, were notified that there was a fire raging at commercial building No. 128 Moo 9 Soi Sophon cable TV, Pattaya Third Road. District, Central Pattaya, Nong Prue, Banglamung, Chonburi.They immediately dispatched five fire engines and one cable car to cooperate with Pattaya Police and traffic support.

Full story HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS -- 2011-03-07

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Check...a Dane and a Swede but no Finnish friends...I'm safe :lol:

Actually the name "John Paul Heanrikm Erris" of the guy who started the fire is not finnish but rather a brittish. So it simply seems that the finns needed to run away from the building set fire by a brit, not a finn...

"Mr. John Paul Heanrikm Erris poured petrol on Mr. Saima Jani and then ignited it."

John Paul Heanrikm Erris is definitely not Finnish name, Mr. Saima Jani could be if Saima is family name (never heard), because Saima is in Finland first name only for women and Jani for men. For me Saima Jani sounds more like Indian or Pakistani.

Two Finnish Nationals injured as fight turns to fire in Central Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- Two Finnish nationals were involved in an altercation which led to a raging fire in Central Pattaya on Sunday. Five fire rescue units were called to a three story shop-house located at the front of Soi Sophon Cable off Pattaya Third Road and quickly brought the fire under control. It was determined that two foreign men were injured; they were later named as Mr. Saima Jani aged 33 and Mr. John Paul Heinreik Erris aged 41, who is suspected of starting the fire. Khun Pantorn aged 37, the girlfriend of Mr. Jani explained that the two men were fighting inside the ground floor restaurant and a few moments later Mr. Erris poured gasoline around the restaurant and over Mr. Jani and then produced a lighter which was thrown onto the gasoline

Full story and pictures HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-03-07

5million,the place was a shithole and hardly anybody used the bar.I thought it was shut,as my house is round the corner from the fire and we had no lekkie for 4 hours,why we should have been affected in the next soi but i wont even try to understand it.

Actually the name "John Paul Heanrikm Erris" of the guy who started the fire is not finnish but rather a brittish. So it simply seems that the finns needed to run away from the building set fire by a brit, not a finn...

Yes of course "Jean Paul Heanrikm Erris" good old fashioned English name-----

Edited by Rimmer
Flame also shouting font

Only one T in british..

Edited by Rimmer
Flame

Only one T in british..

Miksu....or MiksuP.................could be right with so many ethnics in BRITTTTTISH..but I doubt---...his name is as common as Smith

Doesn't sound all that British to me. Can you tell someone's nationality just by their name? I work with someone whose surname is Beauchamp but he isn't French. In the report it said they were both Finns.

5million,the place was a shithole and hardly anybody used the bar.I thought it was shut,as my house is round the corner from the fire and we had no lekkie for 4 hours,why we should have been affected in the next soi but i wont even try to understand it.

The later report says 2 million but remember it damaged the upper floors as well.

Not that surprising that it affected your electricity as it could have damaged a cable that supplied you or they may have had to quickly cut the electrics for safety. Looking at the cables strung above the streets I doubt they can be all that accurate with which bits of the supply they cut..

Look on the bright side that was 4 hours of protection from the vagaries of Thai electrics. It may have saved your life.

Yes of course "Jean Paul Heanrikm Erris" good old fashioned English name-----

More likely if it had a "Mohammed' or 3?

Two Finnish Nationals injured as fight turns to fire in Central Pattaya

were fighting inside the ground floor restaurant and a few moments later Mr. Erris poured gasoline around the restaurant and over Mr. Jani and then produced a lighter which was thrown onto the gasoline

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-03-07

A few moments later Mr.Erris poured gaoline around.....<deleted>, was he carrying a gallon with him when he went to the restaurant :blink: ?

3 possible reasons:

1/ power supply from same transformer

2/ electrical wiring insulation burns

3/ firemen are not keen (or stupid) enough to spray water on bare conductors while standing in a puddle