Metal Fabricators

111tingtong

Gents,

Im looking for a good metal fabricator, specifically with aluminium plate. I need some parts made for a motorcycle, initially an engine skid plate/pan.

Any recommendations around Chiang Mai?

Similar to the below picture standards

24-40.jpg?dfa51120

Thanks

Edited by 111tingtong

I've had exactly the same thing made up out of 3mm alloy by Khun Daeng (Somchit) a couple of years ago. I don't have his actual address but he's pretty easy to find: Go off the south-west corner of the moat heading towards Pantip and the river. When you get to the boxed crossroads by the Imperial Mae Ping hotel, take the right. Follow this road along for a few hundred metres until it bears left and crosses a small canal. 50m after that on the left is Khun Daeng's place - easy to ID as it has a full metalwork shop plus a load of car & truck parts displayed outside. If I remember rightly I paid 1800 THB for a bash plate for an XR400.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Pikey you mean the South East corner of the moat, heading towards night bazaar? Does he do all kinds of metal work or limited to car/vehicle stuff? I'm looking to get some stainless steel rings, about 4" in diameter. Cheers.

I've had exactly the same thing made up out of 3mm alloy by Khun Daeng (Somchit) a couple of years ago. I don't have his actual address but he's pretty easy to find: Go off the south-west corner of the moat heading towards Pantip and the river. When you get to the boxed crossroads by the Imperial Mae Ping hotel, take the right. Follow this road along for a few hundred metres until it bears left and crosses a small canal. 50m after that on the left is Khun Daeng's place - easy to ID as it has a full metalwork shop plus a load of car & truck parts displayed outside. If I remember rightly I paid 1800 THB for a bash plate for an XR400.

Cheers,

Pikey.

LOL, and I thought only Thais came up with original ways to provide directions.. ;)

Anyway, that shop would likley be "Daeng Pratu", a very well known shop and indeed recommended.

It's on Rakaeng Road, the stretch between Chang Klan Rd and the bridge over the Mae Kha Canal.

Here: http://bit.ly/h3igzo

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Thanks Pikey, will have a look there shortly.

Yeah I think he meant the SE corner

Yep, sorry, got a bit disorientated and meant SE. Winnie's pinned it spot on. BTW, he'll probably take you to his other shops where most of the ali work is done and this is not so easy to find so suggest if you decide to deal with him you meet him at his "old" shop on Rakaeng Rd and follow him to his "new" shop (as he refers to them) which is near airport plaza.

Seesip: I think he's capable of making just about anything and a drawing or pic from the internet always helps.

Cheers,

Pikey.