Import Tax : Where To Find Out

Hello!

Where can we find out the various levels tax we have to pay on goods imported into Thailand?

Is there a flat rate for all goods? In general are import taxes going down?

Does anybody know a foreigner who has actually succesfully run such a company in Thailand?

Starting *any* business *anywhere* is a risky business, isn't it? Most new companies fold within 3 years. (is it 90%?) Pile on top of that the problems that would come from "playing away", the language barrier, buying in rich country selling in poorer country sor t of problems and, well, it is certainly daunting. Maybe i should just stay in bed? haha!

But really, would i be right in thinking that the moment anybody with any influence finds out that i were running a successful operation they would immediately do the dirty and get my operation shut down by using paperwork / corruption / official visits and stuff like that? Or is this just paranoia?

Hope to hear from you! :o

Hello!

Where can we find out the various levels tax we have to pay on goods imported into Thailand?

Contact a custom agent. There are many such companies in BKK. They will generally help you with getting all the info you need to know your costs, for free.

Is there a flat rate for all goods?
No, rates are set by policies and might change every day.
In general are import taxes going down?

Again, according to policies. For example, Import tax on alcoholic beverages went up last week.

Does anybody know a foreigner who has actually succesfully run such a company in Thailand?
What kind?
Starting *any* business *anywhere* is a risky business, isn't it? Most new companies fold within 3 years. (is it 90%?) Pile on top of that the problems that would come from "playing away", the language barrier, buying in rich country selling in poorer country sor t of problems and, well, it is certainly daunting. Maybe i should just stay in bed? haha!

Clever words finally.. :D

But really, would i be right in thinking that the moment anybody with any influence finds out that i were running a successful operation they would immediately do the dirty and get my operation shut down by using paperwork / corruption / official visits and stuff like that? Or is this just paranoia?

:o