March Hot Season

T_Dog

Just checked the Wunderground weather forecast and see that they are predicting a high temperature tomorrow of 16 C and a 40% chance of rain. Can anyone post a weather map showing how this "westerly trough" is pulling cold air our way?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Dell.... That site wouldn't open for me earlier but no problems now. With the high pressure above the trough, I can see how the cold air is getting here. It still feels strange to have this cool weather a short month before Songkran.

And long may it continue, the air quality is much the better for it.

Thanks Dell.... That site wouldn't open for me earlier but no problems now. With the high pressure above the trough, I can see how the cold air is getting here. It still feels strange to have this cool weather a short month before Songkran.

And long may it continue, the air quality is much the better for it.

Yes, the rain has certaintly p**ssed all over the usual whingers and whiners bonfire :D

Does this kill off the 2011 smoke season now? Looking at the radar it's raining all over the north, and also in Myanmar and Laos. Not just sudden sharp showers as we might get at this time of the year, but steady, prolonged rain that gives everything a thorough soaking. Surely the pyromaniacs in the hills will be defeated by this?

Where do these predictions of highs tomorow being 17C come from, certainly not here where its 34C !!

Where is there 'here' that you refer to? I'm still shivering under big blankets, and contemplating not getting out of bed at all!

Get yourself a hot water bottle to keep warm. wink.gif

Happy to have a new rain thread open. Please do not close it down.

This is a very nice long deep soaking rain. Like you all, love it. Smells great and sounds great.

What a welcome sight.

Hey, this isn't just about rain.... This is a real weather anomaly! I had to break out my cold season chamois shirt again this morning. I wouldn't be surprised if we see another "I need Slippers" thread by the end of the week!

Happy to have a new rain thread open. Please do not close it down.

I thought this was a high/low temperature thread? :D Got in my car to go to work and the outdoor temperature monitor showed 18 degrees at 8:30 AM. Indeed weird weather for this time of year.

Maybe songkran will be canceled??.......keep it comming

Don't jinx it! Imagine having weather like this during Songkran. That'd be a disaster. Don't even make fun of that!

Yep, a five day respite for Songkran and then back to these temperatures.

Maybe songkran will be canceled??.......keep it comming

I don't think more water would hurt one of my favorite times of the year.....can't wait for Songkran myself.

It's the temperatures that would kill the party. You need hot wet girls dancing in the street. Temperatures like this would see all of them shivering in a corner, and no amount of Sang Som could warm them up.

Very odd weather indeed for this season. The mercury dropped to 19 deg. C and it's raining for longer than 24 hours. Not that I am complaining. The 16th of March 2010, exactly one year ago, was one of the worst days of the last smoky season, if I remember correctly. With a little bit of luck, we will escape the smog this year with the soil soaked and dried vegetation becoming green again soon. Perhaps nature is teaching people how to go through March without burning things.

Cheers, CMX

Very odd weather indeed for this season. The mercury dropped to 19 deg. C and it's raining for longer than 24 hours. Not that I am complaining. The 16th of March 2010, exactly one year ago, was one of the worst days of the last smoky season, if I remember correctly. With a little bit of luck, we will escape the smog this year with the soil soaked and dried vegetation becoming green again soon. Perhaps nature is teaching people how to go through March without burning things.

Cheers, CMX

Quite right. I would rather have a few chilly wet days than smoke for sure. Looks like it will warm up by the end of the week but tomorrow is looking like:

post-498-0-87554900-1300266529_thumb.png