Classic Chidren'S Books In Chiang Mai

Artamus

I am (well actually my wife is for learning better English, as well as looking for classic European children's books) looking for any place which has a selection that could be recommended. The DK bookshop has a small collection. A browse of the second hand book shops doesn't reveal very much, and their prices, surprisingly, are on a par with the new ones in DK.

Where would other readers recommend a place to find (can be new or 2nd hand) a collection of classic children's fairy tales and classic children's literature in Chiang Mai. Ideally we are looking for tales such as Cinderella, Treasure Island etc, illustrated for say 7-12 year olds.

Any suggestions greatfully received.

If your wife is learning English , go into Se-Ed Books (in the Tesco complexes) or one of the equivilent bookstores and you will find abridged copies of a lot of the classic English literature ,including Fairy Tales. These are graded in reading difficulty from 1-5 and often have a Thai translations/glossery in the margin. They sell for between 50 to about 140 baht . My gf has used these for improving her English reading and writing skills and i think this is what you are looking for.

Free childrens classic books online

Including Illustrated Alice in Wonderland

Very good site

Amazing story - highly recommended, but I never really understood it until I read it again in uni. Everyone should go back and re-read some 'children's books' and Alice's adventures are great training for adapting to the absurd behaviour of adults.

"I am the Mad Hatter, some people say you have to be mad as a hatter to live in Wonderland..... luckily I am!"

(Change Wonderland for another place we know and love) wink.gif

Edited by uptheos

• 2 weeks later...