Lao Girl Cut In Half By Fleeing Stolen Porsche: Thai Police

webfact

okay, some of you folks need to take a deep breath and look at this calmly. Take a look at the photograph below. Look at the damage. Where is it? it is on the drivers side, extreme right in the photo. This suggests that the driver may have either attempted to avoid the pedestrian or that she was on the outer side of the lane in which the car was driven. Had the driver mowed the deceased down, we would see a midcenter impact. Look at the vehicle again. Do you see blood? I do not. This tells me that this was a clean impact and that the deceased was not dragged and that there is a strong likelihood that on a dark roadway a pedestrian crossing might not have been easily seen. What is the speed limit on the roadway? 70kmh? 100kmh? Do not make the assumption the driver was driving at an excessive speed. A body can be split in two at low speeds of 50kmh depending upon the point of impact. In respect to the driver proceeding 10km with a torso in his vehicle, I am sorry to say, it is a common occurrence. People do panic and people do have delayed response times in a crisis. I can cite multiple cases of similar events. Usually these cases involve drunk drivers, or elderly drivers or inexperienced young drivers.

Cd1nz4m.JPG

As deplorable as leaving the scene of a collision with a human is, I do understand how and why a person would do so, particularly one that is either in a stolen car or one that is young. (And yes, I do appreciate the vehicle may not have been stolen.)

I am not condoning hit and run, but I can see how someone might have hit a pedestrian crossing a busy road in the dark. Look up in the photo. Do you see full spread road lights? How many of you can say it is easy to drive at night in the dark with the typical Thai road lighting system?

UPDATE:

Police identify Porche driver that decapitated 17 yr old girl from DNA of sweat on steering wheel; arrest warrant to be issued on Mon /TANN

That was quick. It can take several days to do a DNA analysis at the best of times. They must have a very efficient and reliable crime lab. whistling.gif

To identify someone, that means there was a match. In order to have a match, the DNA had to have been on file. Either there is poor reporting, or someone has a record, or we are about to see someone get blamed for something they may not be responsible for.

Edited by geriatrickid

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

geriatrickid i read your post in disbelif as if you almost condone the event, please never ever let me thinks its normal to drive 10kms with half a body in the car, hes a coawrd pure and simple. you have been watching to much CSI on tv,.the rich kid according to news reports was doing about 160, i think you will find the German car in question would absorb a lot of the impact at the 50km speed, there is no way that speed would cut somebody in two like that. his dad will bail him out and he wont do any time, again the news reports say the call came from police in BKK not to try and arrest him and give him time to turn himself in. how many times do we read the driver fled the scene. a pittance will be paid and a precious life paid in blood money and the rich kid wont think twice about it. things like this make me wonder why i choose to live here. Edited by NALAK

Look up in the photo. Do you see full spread road lights? How many of you can say it is easy to drive at night in the dark with the typical Thai road lighting system?

UPDATE:

Police identify Porche driver that decapitated 17 yr old girl from DNA of sweat on steering wheel; arrest warrant to be issued on Mon /TANN

That was quick. It can take several days to do a DNA analysis at the best of times. They must have a very efficient and reliable crime lab. whistling.gif

To identify someone, that means there was a match. In order to have a match, the DNA had to have been on file. Either there is poor reporting, or someone has a record, or we are about to see someone get blamed for something they may not be responsible for.

The accident happened at around 2.30 Pm according to the OP.Hardly at night don't you think?

Easy to have a matching DNA if you know the owner of the car.Probably no need to search any further.

Wonder why they need to wait till monday to issue an arrest warrant.I think they may even call him before they issue to be sure his phone is off already.

Sometime I wonder if geriatrickid isn't really geriatric.

The drivers side is on the LEFT in the photo, the front air dam on the PASSENGER side is broken (RIGHT side in picture); point of impact with legs of the victim.... the body was flipped headfirst and cartwheeling into the windshield that caved in whilst the momentum caused the lower body to be bent back over the roof, hence the severing of the body by the roofline. If you zoom in (or look at the video clips posted earlier), you can see blood and body parts where the windshield is caved in on the PASSENGER side of the car.

I will leave it to you to ponder if maybe the victims blood was beginning to soak the drivers Gucci loafers and that's what made him stop.

Edited by NanLaew

RIP

I cannot believe the kid drove for another 4 to 5 minutes, then sat in the car 5-10 minutes after parking (according to witnesses via one of the news links above) and then got out and left.

There is a very good possibility the girl was still alive, albeit in a serious state of shock and probably for only a few minutes as she bled out, but depending on how she landed inside and where exactly she was cut, she could have still been able to move a little, look at him, and possibly even speak a word or two. Even if none of this happened, this kid's life is ruined as well (and rightly so). He will be haunted by her in his head forever, and he will always see her in his mind.

Sat with half a dead corpse for ten minutes in the confines of a small car.

Either in shock or a real bad ass. :(

Having been a train driver and had mates who unfortunately were driving trains when somebody committed suicide or just walked on the track I know better than most the effects of it. One good friend took a swan diver from the bridge straight thru the front door of the train. It knocked a 300 kilo door of its hinges and splattered body fluids all over the driver, even in his mouth. He was frozen rigid for over 1 hour and could not speak, move or hardly breathe, only relaxant in the form of an injection allowed them to move him to hospital.

Now take this arrogant little tw4t, drives another 10km, sits there and makes some phone calls, gets out, locks the door and hops in a taxi. Half a kid in your car and you sit there and chat on mobile. Something seriously wrong with this person, just like the young girl on the phone after killing nine from a mini bus. These rich kids here are totally detached from any form of reality and some are lauded in magazines and on tv for the youngsters to copy, dont blame them, blame their parents. If the son absconds then lock his family up...wishful thinking

Agreed.

When news of this first broke and the car was said to have been stolen I asked the technicians in the Porsche garage next to my office (London) about security on a Porsche. The reply was if its under 12 years old not even they could do it without the keyfob. On Monday morning I'll show them the pic and ask what speed they think the impact would have to be to do that to the windsreen, doubt the answer will be about 70K.

Apologists can say what they want, what has horrified the 99% of us here are the actions of the driver afterwards. Shock does not cut it for me.

The DNA claim is almost certainly exaggerated, but its irrelevant anyway. You would never use DNA in such a case as you would have many mixed samples taken from a steering wheel in virtually all circumstances. All DNA proves is that you were in contact with the object in question at some point in time. What would have been done was to fingerprint the steering wheel and other driving instruments, there are reams of studies that show the pattern of distributed prints in relation to the question of who had last driven the vehicle.

The reports also stated that driving docs and other student materials were found in the car. Compare those to your fingerprints, add the descriptions that were given & I don't think ID will be a crucial factor in this case.

okay, some of you folks need to take a deep breath and look at this calmly. Take a look at the photograph below. Look at the damage. Where is it? it is on the drivers side, extreme right in the photo. This suggests that the driver may have either attempted to avoid the pedestrian or that she was on the outer side of the lane in which the car was driven. Had the driver mowed the deceased down, we would see a midcenter impact. Look at the vehicle again. Do you see blood? I do not. This tells me that this was a clean impact and that the deceased was not dragged and that there is a strong likelihood that on a dark roadway a pedestrian crossing might not have been easily seen. What is the speed limit on the roadway? 70kmh? 100kmh? Do not make the assumption the driver was driving at an excessive speed. A body can be split in two at low speeds of 50kmh depending upon the point of impact. In respect to the driver proceeding 10km with a torso in his vehicle, I am sorry to say, it is a common occurrence. People do panic and people do have delayed response times in a crisis. I can cite multiple cases of similar events. Usually these cases involve drunk drivers, or elderly drivers or inexperienced young drivers.

Cd1nz4m.JPG

As deplorable as leaving the scene of a collision with a human is, I do understand how and why a person would do so, particularly one that is either in a stolen car or one that is young. (And yes, I do appreciate the vehicle may not have been stolen.)

I am not condoning hit and run, but I can see how someone might have hit a pedestrian crossing a busy road in the dark. Look up in the photo. Do you see full spread road lights? How many of you can say it is easy to drive at night in the dark with the typical Thai road lighting system?

UPDATE:

geriatrickid, have you not seen the video? There is blood on the top of the car and 1/2 of her body is still inside. There is also an area on the front bottom of the car where you can see the impact. Not a large one, but I'm sure with that design it scooped her right up, probably not even touching the hood.

No doubt this guy was hauling azz.

Cd1nz4m.JPG

UPDATE:

OMG your an Instructor at a Thai Police Academy. Never heard such garbage and analysis. I am sorry but everything you say is wrong.

G'kid, point of impact has no bearing on driver intent, too many variables. She might have been dashing across the road, underestimating the speed of the car. He may have been unaccustomed to braking at speed in a high performance car. or he might have been on his cell phone, or playing with the stereo. Maybe he swerved, maybe he didn't, maybe he never even saw her, there is no evidence so far.

You are correct though it is unlikely he hit her on purpose, not with daddy's car. He might not fear the BiB, but I am sure he respects what daddy can take away.

The thread is about a sad and tragic incident. It is not about your thoughts on a poster. You are welcome to agree or disagree with the content of the post, but let's leave your personal thoughts on the poster out.

One flame has been deleted.

All I am saying is that, the possible ending, could be, Thai police will use the loop hole to throw the case out claiming that the girl is illegal, and should not be in Thailand in the 1st place; i.e. BOTH are at fault.... Just like the Prawa case, they are working on evidence that the van also speed, hence it is an accident where both are at fault, so no compensation is needed on each other.

All I am saying is that, the possible ending, could be, Thai police will use the loop hole to throw the case out claiming that the girl is illegal, and should not be in Thailand in the 1st place; i.e. BOTH are at fault.... Just like the Prawa case, they are working on evidence that the van also speed, hence it is an accident where both are at fault, so no compensation is needed on each other.

compensation would be more of a civil matter I would think. Manslaughter as defined

A person is guilty of Manslaughter if he, without purpose of causing death, causes bodily injury to another person leading to the death of such person. (The Penal Code of Thailand, § 290).

No where do they care as to the status of your Visa or lack thereof.

Also as a note, Police do not throw cases out. This is still reserved for the government prosecutors.Now that being said will this young man get prosecuted to the full extent of the law, no f*&king way.

The other paper has reported who the owner of the Porshe is, Suppachai Thaksinthaweesap, a 58yr. old man. The owner said the driver was at the Cheng Meng festival and would contact police when he finished!!

Meng festival and would contact police when he finished!! Could you imagine trying this in the western world

Hang on Sir I am just going down to the deli to get some smokes and a coke will talk to you chaps when I get back ok its not so important any way I only killed some one.

I just show you the power of money in this place I feel really sad about this one

I am quite disturbed with the way the police is handling this case. How could you allow the criminal to attend Cheng Meng festival? Hit and run is a crime. According to the news, the victim mother can seek compensation up to 200,000 bhat only. Wow, I want to slap the car owner's face couple time and pay him 200,000 bhat.

The other paper has reported who the owner of the Porshe is, Suppachai Thaksinthaweesap, a 58yr. old man. The owner said the driver was at the Cheng Meng festival and would contact police when he finished!!

Is that the grave sweeping festival ?

Take a look at the photograph below. Look at the damage. Where is it? it is on the drivers side, extreme right in the photo.

No, that is on the passenger side.

I agree.

Poor girl was clipped at or below the knee as her legs were swept out from under her she started flipping, and she went head fist into the windshield and while still flipping was caught half in and half out by the roof of the car. Torso drops down and lower half flies away. Horrific is the best word.

And Geriatric you keep saying darkened street, but it was 2:30pm and she was coming back from lunch and people are in tears in the video during daylight. I do agree with you the driver was in shock, and had delayed reaction time and panic at the horrific scene in his passenger seat.

I am quite disturbed with the way the police is handling this case. How could you allow the criminal to attend Cheng Meng festival? Hit and run is a crime. According to the news, the victim mother can seek compensation up to 200,000 bhat only. Wow, I want to slap the car owner's face couple time and pay him 200,000 bhat.

200,000 Bht.......Just about cover the damage to the vehicle........... The mother can seek-what the hell !!!!!!!! poor lady.... Reminds me of the Tollway incident somehow ---how much was given there ---is this a repeat. This is related, and should be answered.

Put 2 and 2 together.

The car was NOT stolen.

Anyone wealthy enough to own a Porsche...

... is wealthy enough to make the ...

... problem go away...

(My guess)

This is the last you have heard of this story in the news.

Nobody goes around stealing a Porsche in Thailand.

What do you know??

Horrendous. It's a pity she didn't go through the driver's side.

okay, some of you folks need to take a deep breath and look at this calmly.

You keep doing it don't you. <_<

How do you expect people to react upon reading on this forum the details of this horrific crime and then read in "The Other Paper" that the owner says "he will bring the driver of the "stolen" Porsche in to the police after he returns from the Ching Ming Festival in Hong Kong around April 4th-5th?"

This case has all the signs of another Duangchalerm incident with flight from justice out of Thailand and usual reaction from hi-so Thais that "Well, what's the fuss all about, it was only a Lao girl?"

Blood Money will change hands and all will be forgiven and forgotten.

Sad.

Put 2 and 2 together.

The car was NOT stolen.

Anyone wealthy enough to own a Porsche...

... is wealthy enough to make the ...

... problem go away...

(My guess)

This is the last you have heard of this story in the news.

Nobody goes around stealing a Porsche in Thailand.

What do you know??

I would say he is correct 100%. after living here for 8 years and seeing things first hand, this is how it works.

A mate of mine ran a guy down once a few years ago and killed him outright, he had to pay a couple of hundred thousand to sort it out. So yeah, I think he knows!

Quite why DNA has assumed a significance is bit of a mystery. Evidence of the boy's identity was found in the car identifying him as a student etc and which links him to the registered owner who happens to be his father. They have evidence from witnesses who saw the driver, dressed as a student , leave the vehicle, splattered in blood and collected by a taxi. A simple identity parade would more than likely prove positive not least because the circumstances, time of day and fair weather would ensure any witness testimony was embedded accurately, particularly that of the taxi driver who collected him. They know from the chronology that mobile phone calls were made and given they also know the identity of the perpetrator it shouldn't be difficult to locate the phone provider and to access their records which no doubt will identify the driver called his father at the relevant time.

Circumstantially, any police force in the world would have had more than enough to arrest the boy and charge him with causing death by dangerous driving etc., etc.

However, we are in Thailand. Therefore:

1. Witnesses change their testimony.

2. The boy has fled the scene and disposed of the physical evidence linking him to the victim viz blood stained shirt and doubtless the longest shower the lad has ever had.

3. The DNA will reveal another person to be the driver and cannot be traced or will transpire to be a Burmese hill farmer.

4. The boy will produce an alibi backed up by any number of family friends he was elsewhere at the time of the incident.

5. The taxi driver will disappear or transpire to have a short term memory of an amnesiac goldfish.

Of course, I may be wrong and the police arrest the boy and charge him accordingly on Monday but ............

Edited by Seekingasylum

If there really was a Buddha taking care of things, her body would have gone through the driver's side windshield and killed him. Then everyone in Thailand ( except the hi so elites) would have been laughing their asses off , saying som nam na!!!!! Sadly that did not happen..... He will keep his head down, and daddy will buy him another car as clearly that Porsche will have some major ghost problems....

What is up with these spoiled brats and expensive cars?? Buy them all detuned Toyota Camries, would save the brats and innocent bystanders as well. Reminds me of the time a couple years ago when the son of the mayor of Bangkok was driving a Ferrari to Pattaya with some supermodel when the car caught on fire, thus making the news. I thought to myself that the annual salary of the mayor of Bangkok would be lucky to buy tires for the Ferrari, much less the entire car for his kid to drive around......Amazing Thailand....Oh wait I am only a guest here, guess I should not be commenting on these these things or the apologist will be asking me to go home. :jap:

On Chinese Ching Ming, the whole family will visit their ancestors or relatives' graves. So we can asume that this criminal is not Thai but Chinese or he is from the rich elite Chinese decent thais who are running the country at the moment. The Festival starts on the 4th of April so what was the rush to get over there. He has a week before it starts and to speak with police. It was also very good of the Police to inform everyone that they would wait until Monday before obtaining an arrest warrant. Gives this person time to pack, have a going away dinner and take a slow relaxing trip to the airport and wave goodbye to the police as he boards the plane.