Lao Girl Cut In Half By Fleeing Stolen Porsche: Thai Police

webfact

and I want to hear anything from Laos' Gov.....for their own civilian get killed by a road accident in LOS.

BIG stretch... it was an unfortunate accident, at most causing death by reckless driving (or the equivalent therof).

And you think it warrants being an international incident?

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THe family appear to have "hidden" the guy until they are prepared to face - or rather "arrange" the consequences.

Another stretch... it only happened last Friday afternoon, father Car owner) was out of the country and the Thai media, like the police, are pretty strict on what doesn't get done or reported over the weekend.

As you haven't actually present any argument to the contrary, I am fast coming to the conclusion that you are either very naive or have little appreciation of how Thai "Hi-So" run their lives and the country - or both?

I also have heard that story - it appears you are also naively accepting the press's reporting here? The fact is at the time of the accident the driver WAS in the country? - although they claimed the "owner" then went to pay respect to his ancestors - so what?? ...and you take that as gospel??/

Edited by Deeral

and I want to hear anything from Laos' Gov.....for their own civilian get killed by a road accident in LOS.

BIG stretch... it was an unfortunate accident, at most causing death by reckless driving (or the equivalent therof).

And you think it warrants being an international incident?

nope.....

they should involve......... cos the case is with HISO wealthy people...in LOS

It might be faded away too sooon..........

Do you remember Ms.Sarah Carter,NZ? NZ Gov. demanded the case to be reviewed. Instead of coincidence.

Edited by dunkin2012

There are some ridiculous comments here..... shouting "guilty" and making comments about the car and the age of the driver - not comments just purely unsubstantiated statements claiming to be "fact" - is not helpful and just shows how ignorant some posters are.

As for the ability of a 19 year old to drive - how old was Lewis Hamilton in his first season?

Hamilton raced go-karts at 8 years old (his father bought him his first go-kart as a Christmas present at the age of six) and was inducted into McLaren's driving school at 13. He hasn't been seen driving on Pathum Thani-Bang Bua Thong Road as far as I know.

This guy 'stole' the keys to daddy's Porsche.

Now what's that about making ridiculous, unsubstantiated and ignorant comments?

Are you and geriatrickid one and the same?

I wonder if police have interviewed the driver of the bus that hindered his view.

Are you being "cryptic"? - what are you implying? perhaps you could clarify?

The driver has stated that a bus hindered his view. What Wallaby has asked is "have the police interviewed the bus driver?".

The dufus that does the english language news in the morning on TAN (the chubby guy) was discussing this this morning, he seemed in awe of the car and seemed to show no upset at the accident, he seemed to rather validate the driver and his family, saying how he drove correctly in the correct lane and how 120km/h was not too fast.

it also showed the guy turning up at the police station with his friend who was also in the car, and the uncle. He was then bailed because he surrendered,

As you haven't actually present any argument to the contrary, I am fast coming to the conclusion that you are either very naive or have little appreciation of how Thai "Hi-So" run their lives and the country - or both?

I also have heard that story - it appears you are also naively accepting the press's reporting here? The fact is at the time of the accident the driver WAS in the country? - although they claimed the "owner" then went to pay respect to his ancestors - so what?? ...and you take that as gospel??/

What part of Thailand's feudal patronage culture do you think I have missed?

The car owner, 58 y-o Supachai Thaksinthaweesup was ALREADY in Hong Kong for Qingming, the traditional Chinese family grave sweeping festival. The car owners 19 y-o son Peerapol Thaksinthaweesup got his hands on the keys and went for a spin. Young Khambai Inthilad walked out in front of him, probably looking the wrong way, possibly from behind a bus and was creamed. The car owner is now back in the country making sure the victim's family is recompensed.

Is that too much of a stretch for y'all?

How can the owner of a high performance sports car let some 19 year old drive?!?

Most of people of this country buy a car like that not because fast, but just because 'expensive' status symbol

One guy .... bought a car ... but ain't afford to pay for the petrol. So the car just sits there in the garage. And another one bought a toyota camry but he ain't have a house to stay(renting a flat). The idea is that all these guys try to show the society that they have much cash to spend. But the fact is just opposite....

Not talking about this guy driving a porsche .... I think this guy is wealth enough..

Edited by dunkin2012

The dufus that does the english language news in the morning on TAN (the chubby guy) was discussing this this morning, he seemed in awe of the car and seemed to show no upset at the accident, he seemed to rather validate the driver and his family, saying how he drove correctly in the correct lane and how 120km/h was not too fast.

it also showed the guy turning up at the police station with his friend who was also in the car, and the uncle. He was then bailed because he surrendered,

Just keep in mind this is a major news incident and the fact that the "journalists" can't even show a little sympathy for the victim and instead steers the conversation into validating the rich kid who did the hit and run says everything that needs to be said about the typical mindset in Thailand. There is a complete lack of respect for people or human rights really.

Wow, 14 pages already. Let's see, the driver of a vehicle accidently kills a person on Friday afternoon and promptly flees the scene. He then turns himself in on Sunday to face charges. Instead of a Porsche, had this instead involved a bus or pickup plowing into people and the driver fleeing the scene, I wonder if it would get this much attention like this. I doubt the Thai press would even pay much attention to it beyond the standard gory censored photos on the front page of Thairath.

His friend was also in the car?? :o Does that mean he was in the passenger seat where the girl came through?

Put 2 and 2 together.

The car was NOT stolen.

Anyone wealthy enough to own a Porsche...

... is wealthy enough to make the ...

... problem go away...

(My guess)

This is the last you have heard of this story in the news.

Nobody goes around stealing a Porsche in Thailand.

Thai Wifey votes +1 to this post - the criminal is the car owner or his son, and they're too rich & connected to ever be prosecuted in Thailand.

Noy so far from my restaurant a family lives in a barrack made by corrugated iron, old pieces of wood, asbestos pieces with some chicken and an old dog. Normal thai simple people country house. But they park a shiny Toyota Fortuner Sportivo on the side of the barrack.

Different culture or just somebody want to show more than his census?

One guy .... bought a car ... but ain't afford to pay for the petrol. So the car just sits there in the garage. And another one bought a toyota camry but he ain't have a house to stay(renting a flat). The idea is that all these guys try to show the society that they have much cash to spend. But the fact is just opposite....

Not talking about this guy driving a porsche .... I think this guy is wealth enough..

I have seen 7-series BMW's parked outside budget apartments in Texas.

In the UK, most people's monthly car note is bigger than their rent.

In Scotland, it's called "fur coat an' nae drawers" btw. The northeast coast fishing communities were notorious for 'keeping up appearances' even when the boats owners were losing money to bigger commercial operators (and their boats to the banks).

Next?

Just keep in mind this is a major news incident and the fact that the "journalists" can't even show a little sympathy for the victim and instead steers the conversation into validating the rich kid who did the hit and run says everything that needs to be said about the typical mindset in Thailand. There is a complete lack of respect for people or human rights really.

How many fatal car accidents happen in Thailand? How many fatal car accidents happen in other countries like your home country?

How that becomes a human right issue? Because some Thais can afford a Porsche?

Put 2 and 2 together.

The car was NOT stolen.

Anyone wealthy enough to own a Porsche...

... is wealthy enough to make the ...

... problem go away...

(My guess)

This is the last you have heard of this story in the news.

Nobody goes around stealing a Porsche in Thailand.

I have to agree with this guy.

Me too.:(

Your all wrong!

It was the Porsche's owners son out joy riding, pissed out of his head, if it was n old 911 then the front is quite pointy and with enough speed it could easily cut someone in half.:jap:

Edited by newermonkey

I have seen 7-series BMW's parked outside budget apartments in Texas.

In the UK, most people's monthly car note is bigger than their rent.

In Scotland, it's called "fur coat an' nae drawers" btw. The northeast coast fishing communities were notorious for 'keeping up appearances' even when the boats owners were losing money to bigger commercial operators (and their boats to the banks).

Next?

Nope.. cos' I can't afford to buy both a house and a car...........

Haha...............

Porsche Driver Turns Himself in

The driver of a brand-new Porsche who slammed into a 17 year old girl from Laos turned himself in to police yesterday.

The driver of a red-plated Porsche, Peerapol Thaksinthaweesap, who slammed into 17 year old Kambai Inthilat, surrendered to the Pathum Thani police yesterday.

The accident happened on Friday.

The driver said he was travelling at 120 kilometers per hour when the girl ran in front of his car.

He claimed there was a bus in the left lane so he could not see that the girl was about to cross the road.

Peerapol said he was in shock as the impact decapitated the girl's body.

The lower half of her body flew out the back windshield and landed in a ditch in the middle of the road but the upper half of her torso remained in the car.

He claimed he did not know what to do, so he drove on and then abandoned his car and took a taxi home.

The driver said he went to the hospital after the accident as he was hit hard in the chest by the air bag.

He claimed he did not try to escape, and that his insurance company has been trying to contact the family of the dead girl.

Peerapol promised to take full responsibility for his action.

The police have charged him with reckless driving causing death.

Police have approved bail for him, as he turned himself in.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-03-28

footer_n.gif

He claimed he did not try to escape, and that his insurance company has been trying to contact the family of the dead girl.

Peerapol promised to take full responsibility for his action.

The police have charged him with reckless driving causing death.

Police have approved bail for him, as he turned himself in.

OK, nothing more to see here. Move along now.

Noy so far from my restaurant a family lives in a barrack made by corrugated iron, old pieces of wood, asbestos pieces with some chicken and an old dog. Normal thai simple people country house. But they park a shiny Toyota Fortuner Sportivo on the side of the barrack.

Different culture or just somebody want to show more than his census?

Dont you all see--it's going to be very similar to the =Tollway incident.re poor little feel sorry for the girl epic= Same sort of Family situ's, silly child thing, no parental control-Just noted there were 2 in the Porche ??? oh god, come on you sicky defensive posters argue this one out...It's not a funny story but it will turn out to be another classic.

By the way have I missed something, have the posters been informed ,or updated with that thread. My suggestion is that on epics that create so much attention posters should be updated...would make life easier than after all the disscussion then little info.

My Thai friend has just told me that a passenger in the car at the time of the accident is now in hospital. Television reported. Thai

Edited by ginjag

Dont you all see--it's going to be very similar to the =Tollway incident.re poor little feel sorry for the girl epic= Same sort of Family situ's, silly child thing, no parental control-Just noted there were 2 in the Porche ??? oh god, come on you sicky defensive posters argue this one out...It's not a funny story but it will turn out to be another classic.

By the way have I missed something, have the posters been informed ,or updated with that thread. My suggestion is that on epics that create so much attention posters should be updated...would make life easier than after all the disscussion then little info.

Because at the end of the day and once all the angst and vitriol is spent, people here get on with their own lives. Those here that accept that imperfect Thailand is nothing more than that (sometimes called defensive apologists or rose-tinted glasses wearers) will shrug and get on with living. Others, who cling vainly to what they see as more civilised, westernised, first world mores and think that venting on an internet forum will change this country will just get more frustrated.

It's called short attention span theater... once it is no longer a headline, then it is forgotten.

I am not defending it. It is what it is.

Edited by NanLaew

The sad thing about all of this is, Thailand is no worse on this front that the so-called enlightened 'west'.

Last week an Afgan refugee to Melbourne (in Australia for the geographically challenged) was mowed down a young 20-something year old hoon who was drag racing along an outer eastern suburbs thoroughfare.

The most he has been charged for is culpable driving.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/man-charged-over-drag-race-death/story-e6frf7kx-1226023492407

One of the drivers nicked off for a few days before turning himself in and was released on bail a few days later.

For the death of a person, he most likely will be given a relative slap on the wrist when all is said and done. Is it fair to the victims family? Of course not, but it strikes me as when all is said and done, for whatever reason, the Thai and Australian legal systems will arrive at a fairly similar outcome, right or wrong.

Edited by samran

His friend was also in the car?? :o Does that mean he was in the passenger seat where the girl came through?

I guess so, I doubt he would have been in the back so i am guessing he had the dead girl in his lap

Is this an old story, have I missed this--------The passenger in the Porshe in now in hospital. No one has mentioned this so is this a false story ????????????? my friend(Thai) told me it was reported on Thai T.V.

This story is getting a lot of attention because someone was cut in half.

Without that part of the story, this would never have made it to Thai Visa. People get mowed down in Thailand daily by all types of cars and by drivers of all social classes.

crossing the road is dangerous here.

"Just one of these people to touch it mildly could destroy any prosecution. Isolate and contain a scene is basically day one / week one on any police course." Gee, maybe that was the Keystone Kops intention. Ya think?

That video almost made me physically sick.

In a country that makes such an issue with face and such, this thing was off the scale, as is true with so much coverage.

ya think the police will have the driver go back and re-enact the crime like they so love to do? About the same chance as Elvis doing a come back tour date here.

The argument about maybe only going 50 kmph doesn't hold water. Did you notice how far her lower torso was from the road? I don't think it walked there on it's own.

I like the Aussie definition of culpable driving. A responsible drive anticipates and drives defensively. This was reckless, to say the least.

Seems that the father could be (in countries with laws) arrested for supplying the police with false information and obstruction of justice for saying the car was stolen. Fat chance.

I can't decide if I am more angry or disgusted.

This is getting a huge amount of attention.. why ? because the guy was driving a Porsche - So it becomes a rich versus poor debate.

IF we are to remove the Porsche and replace it with a Honda Jazz, what I then see is a tragedy where a girl makes a poor decision crossing the road when she did - RIP.

Just this past week on 3 separate occasions I have come very close to hitting a pedestrian and 2 motorbikes. It wouldn't have been my fault, I was not driving too fast or recklessly - We both were lucky. Skill and experience didn't prevent an accident, luck did. When someone walks out into a road a mere couple of meters in front of me and I'm doing 50-80kph, breaking wont help. The fact that for some reason there is a blind-spot in their vision or didn't stop and look is not my fault and I can't drive around everywhere at 10kph. However, the likely outcome would be serious injury and possibly death and I may very well be charged with reckless driving and possibly the subject of emotionally charged media attention and hung drawn and quartered on Thai Visa.com ... "Farang Mows Down young Thai Girl"

I think it's highly unfair when someone else makes a very poor decision that can impact me both psychologically and legally. The consequences of poor choice occur all around us, most of us area simply lucky they don't impact us as much as they could.

I have had totally unnerving experiences driving on dual carriageway roads near Bangkok similar to the one shown in the video -- motorcycles and people shooting out unexpectedly. Absolutely nerve-wracking. Felt like I had just emerged from a battle when it was over. If she just darted out across a road like that .... but then again, a Porsche is capable of such high speeds.

How can the owner of a high performance sports car let some 19 year old drive?!?

Most of people of this country buy a car like that not because fast, but just because 'expensive' status symbol

How old again was Jenson Button in his 1st F1 race?

It's not the age, but the maturity or lack of it.