Cassette Tape To Digital

Semper

I do not know where you can go to convert cassette tapes to digital, but I know how you can do this yourself.

Do you have a friend or know of anyone who has a stereo radio and cassette player with a (line in) facility? Because I doubt whether you will be able to purchase any new ones these days.

If you could somehow obtain a (line in) cassette player, here is the procedure:

Purchase a special cable that plugs into the cassette player and into your computer. These cables are available in the Computer Plaza, Pantip Plaza and many of the big stores. Cost about 35 baht.

Install onto your computer, a free software that can be downloaded for free from the Internet called: Audio Grabber.

It is easy to use, here is the website:

http://www.audiograbber.org/

Then set Audio Grabber onto record and begin playing your cassette tape. The contents of the cassette tape will be saved onto your hard drive as either a wav or mp3 file.

After that you can save the file onto a cd, DVD or memory stick and you will have your digital copy.

Well worth a try if you have many cassette tapes to convert and could save you a lot of cash into the bargain.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Go to Icon Plaza or Computer Plaza (I forget which one), there is a guy there who will do it for you. He makes really good-quality transfers. Been about 3 years since I went there but I'm sure he's still around. Just ask the vendors where he is located.

Thanks. Not sure where these places are located. :unsure: