Amsterdam To Bangkok

Skint

I would recommend Emirates they have a line, amsterdam - dubai - bangkok now.

Used them last year from dusseldorf to bangkok but i was very happy with there planes and service.

Dubai is also a airport you can survice a few hours stopover :-)

The other ones are all ok, so if your looking for price i would fly them all.

EVA Airlines is also an option....Would strongly advise against Aeroflot,no in flight movies and bad service.

Best option; no doubt.

I took them many times and most of my friends and family fly with EVA.

Non-stop as well.

LaoPo

I usually fly China they have the best flight times but the plane is not the best movies are crap super Nintendo could do with a change. I will take a look at Emirates.

i heard bad things about Aeroflot before seems to be the same things so will give them a miss. Eva Air don't fly on my dates.

Will give skytrax a look

Thanks

Emirates used to allow economy passegers to take up to 30 kg with them (and 40 kg for business class). Don't know if that is still the norm or not but for the extra 10 kgs luggage allowance (ie 20 kg on other airlines and 30 kg on Emirates) it's worth checking it out. In addition to this, the service is excellent!

I haven't flow any of the carriers mentioned on this route but from my experiences and those of my traveling buddies.

Aeroflot: The inter Europe flight will be OK and service has improved on the longer sector from Moscow to Bangkok. However, the facilities and service (if required) whilst in transit in Moscow needs improving as unfortunately, they use Sheremetyevo which is the crappier of Moscow's two crappy airports. I did note that a combo Aeroflot/KLM ticket came up as a cheap option on kayak.com (and KLM operates the Euro sector on that ticketing).

Finnair: Sorry, no experiences.

Lufthansa: I regularly fly their old 747's on their BKK-KUL route, the economy seats are really hard and cramped and there's no individual screens for movies. It's a cheap but uncomfortable seat for the short hop to KUL but I wouldn't dream of parking my bum in one for the +10 hours to FRA.

I just flew KLM on a BKK-AMS r/t and was pleasantly surprised. They are also flying legacy 747's (and Combi's on certain dates) but the planes have been refurbished with individual movie screens in Coach. The seats are a lot more comfortable than LH's and if you want to fork out about €150 (cheaper if you have Flying Blue Silver or Gold status), you can 'upgrade' to their extended economy that gives you about 6" more legroom near the front of the bus.

Last year, I used SAS via Copenhagen. They have newer Airbuses on the long sector and the service was pretty dam_n good. CPH aint much of a transit airport though!

Almost never look at prices from the companies directly, agents have often much better deals, sometimes even cheaper with 1-2 days hotel included.

Eva air is great, another one i use frequently because they also sell normally priced one-way tickets is LTU (Air Berlin) from dusseldorf see lt-ticket.de. Good prices!

Edited by Khun Jean

^ To be honest, I have never seen Finnair show up on any of the 4 fare-finder sites I check. Thai Air are also absent from most but have some competitive pricing on their own website depending on the route.

Also, quite a few of these fare-finder sites do end up redirecting you to the carriers own online booking pages.

Emirates used to allow economy passegers to take up to 30 kg with them (and 40 kg for business class). Don't know if that is still the norm or not but for the extra 10 kgs luggage allowance (ie 20 kg on other airlines and 30 kg on Emirates) it's worth checking it out. In addition to this, the service is excellent!

On the subject of baggage allowances, I'm flying with Emirates next month, Bangkok to Birmingham, via Dubai, and my tickets definitely state that the allowance is 30kg in economy class. I was quite surprised.

I also concur that Emirates planes and service are excellent. I'm not that keen on Dubai airport - tends to be a bit overcrowded - but I've not been through there since they opened the new terminal so it may well be better now.

If you have a long layover I recommend using the Marhaba lounge. It costs, if I remember correctly, 10 USD to get in but, once inside, all the food and drink is free. Well worth the cost to get out of the scrum in the terminal building.

DM

Aeroflot, be sure to go for the parachute upgrade eh. :)

It used to be that way yes, but on this route (especially if KLM is on the european leg you will be fine as they fly new airbus on SVO-BKK. Only minor is indeed going through SVO in my opinion. Not sure how far they are with the refurbishment. Apart from the transfer security slowness it is not that bad

Thanks for Replies,

I have booked China, strange as the prices for china get cheaper the closer to my departure date this has always been the case for me hence why i never book in advance economy ticket was 730 eur however the business ticket was 1800 usually get it for 1160 when booking this late. I dont mind paying 3-400 more for a better seat but not 1k not on china :)

Flight arrives in Bangkok at 6.15am and arrives in Amsterdam at 9.15 (Straight to work).