Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

I went to my dealer today, he had 2 Chilli orange Wildtracks in.

I'm impressed on the finish of the Wildtrak inside and out, you can't even compare it to the XLT.

One thing that jumps out straight away are the seats, very nice looking.

The finish on the bedliner is very good, silly things like cup holders and tie down hooks that you don't get on the XLT. ;-)

Also it gets Dunlops compared to Bridgstones on the XLT.

It's noticeably better looking IMHO.

But we can't make an order till next year now, or is that just the 3.2? On the ranger club website it seems a number have already been delivered to customers.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about an aftermarket sports bar and the non-wildtrak bedliner? Could water also penetrate under the bedliner in the wildtrak version? - it would have to be very well sealed. This scenario would also make fitting a canopy difficult (impossible on the wildtrak vehicle?).

Most plastic bedliners are rust-traps by nature of the condensation that results naturally as well as the inevitable trapping of rainwater. Even 'very well sealed' bedliners can't withstand a pressure washer. The best looking option is the spray-on bed liner like the 'Rhino' one I used in the US. Someone asked earlier if any sort of spray on bedliner was available in LOS but I haven't heard or seen the like. Does anyone know if how busy the aftermarket truck bedliner business is in Australia or is it pretty much the exclusive domain of the truck maker?

Most plastic bedliners are rust-traps by nature of the condensation that results naturally as well as the inevitable trapping of rainwater. Even 'very well sealed' bedliners can't withstand a pressure washer. The best looking option is the spray-on bed liner like the 'Rhino' one I used in the US. Someone asked earlier if any sort of spray on bedliner was available in LOS but I haven't heard or seen the like. Does anyone know if how busy the aftermarket truck bedliner business is in Australia or is it pretty much the exclusive domain of the truck maker?

Agreed & that is why I asked about the spray on liners.

They are tough & do not trap moisture.

The LINE-X I have on my 04 Ram 1500 is still perefect

& they do a nice top rail spray too so the whole bed is well protected but it does not

interfere with bolt on tool chests etc.

I went to my dealer today, he had 2 Chilli orange Wildtracks in.

I'm impressed on the finish of the Wildtrak inside and out, you can't even compare it to the XLT.

One thing that jumps out straight away are the seats, very nice looking.

The finish on the bedliner is very good, silly things like cup holders and tie down hooks that you don't get on the XLT. ;-)

Also it gets Dunlops compared to Bridgstones on the XLT.

It's noticeably better looking IMHO.

Did they tell when they will have yours?

Well they told me last week I would have it.

They call us again today and said Wednesday for sure, They are just doing to tinting on the windows and it should be finished tomorrow ready for pick up on Wednesday....

See what happens.

Also the stereo/dvd pictures at the top look like crap.. I rather the DVD player on top and the little screen and buttons for the standard ford features to be on the bottom.

As I said before, I went in and looked around the Chilli orange last week.

It is worth a wait, 6 months wait I'm not sure but hey what can we do.

When I was there he gave me the "it'll defiantly be here by the end of the month" speech, I'm not so convinced.

The Songkran hols start on the 11th for my Ford dealer.

Yeah, I wasn't too keen on the look of that facia panel, it didn't really match.

When I was there he gave me the "it'll defiantly be here by the end of the month" speech, I'm not so convinced.

Yeah, I wasn't too keen on the look of that facia panel, it didn't really match.

There were three 2.2 Wildtraks at my Ford dealer last weekend, Chili Orange was one of them and it did look good. I noticed the 2.2 doesn't get the 18inch wheels though, they were the same 17inchones as on the XLT. The leather seats were very nice but still don't understand why they used so much black plastic on the top model whereas the XLT gets the chrome.

There were three 2.2 Wildtraks at my Ford dealer last weekend, Chili Orange was one of them and it did look good. I noticed the 2.2 doesn't get the 18inch wheels though, they were the same 17inchones as on the XLT. The leather seats were very nice but still don't understand why they used so much black plastic on the top model whereas the XLT gets the chrome.

Other minor things that put me off the wildtrak is the rear liner does not cover the edges of the lip, and the sports bar/side rails also preclude a hard canopy easily being fitted. They really need to sort this out, and get a more upscale xlt into the show rooms - some of the goodies found in the wildtrak minus the sports bar/side rails. I also like the look of the chrome too. Something that is equivalent of the top spec 2.2 bt50, which looks like a good buy. I also played with photoshop to smoke the tail lamps and it doesn't look to bad:)

Other minor things that put me off the wildtrak is the rear liner does not cover the edges of the lip, and the sports bar/side rails also preclude a hard canopy easily being fitted. They really need to sort this out, and get a more upscale xlt into the show rooms - some of the goodies found in the wildtrak minus the sports bar/side rails. I also like the look of the chrome too. Something that is equivalent of the top spec 2.2 bt50, which looks like a good buy. I also played with photoshop to smoke the tail lamps and it doesn't look to bad:)

I agree. When I saw the Wildtrak in the showroom, with its black grill & door handles, it was an instant turnoff. If I want roof rails etc, I can add aftermarket, but personally I don't like them. I would have paid the Mazda price for the higher model for an equivalent Ford XLT, but have settled for the XLT on offer. So I've saved some cash :)

I agree about the XLT being my choice over the WT for the reasons mentioned (liner, chrome, etc.). However 2 things I would really like to get for the XLT would be the reverse sensors and the rear view camera. Has anyone questioned a dealer on whether these can be fitted to the XLT? I know I could buy after market, but I really like to keep with OEM if possible.

I agree about the XLT being my choice over the WT for the reasons mentioned (liner, chrome, etc.). However 2 things I would really like to get for the XLT would be the reverse sensors and the rear view camera. Has anyone questioned a dealer on whether these can be fitted to the XLT? I know I could buy after market, but I really like to keep with OEM if possible.

In Australia you can get them. I saw them on an OZ ford site awhile back. However, these are not ford products, but are fitted by the dealer. The are from a company called "Go Technologies" $AU1122, and it also had GPS. I reckon the packaging is small enough you could have one sent over and have it fitted here. There might be other products here though that I'm not aware of.

http://www.ford.com.au/commercial/new-ranger/accessories/interior#overlay=12489385583851248921184102

http://www.eurovox.com.au/products.html

Thanks for the links, but was more interested in OEM equipment that is installed on the Wildtrack models. I suppose it must be available even if you have to order it from the parts dept and install it yourself.

Ford did it to me again, we cancelled our wildtrack order 2 weeks ago and ask for refund of deposit, They have been giving me the runaround, finally Ford/Thailand said we can get it on the 11th and dealer says no can't habe it till 17th now. I thought refunds were east to get. next step a lawyer@

Hi guys , this is my 1st post in here . I m from Malaysia . I ordered 2.2 Auto today & need to wait for 3 months to get it . I would like to have the Roll-up lid for my ranger . Is it possible install the roll-up lid without remove the Roll bar ? I think it is ugly without the roll bar so i would like to keep it .

Any suggestion would be appreciated . Thank You

Hi guys , this is my 1st post in here . I m from Malaysia . I ordered 2.2 Auto today & need to wait for 3 months to get it . I would like to have the Roll-up lid for my ranger . Is it possible install the roll-up lid without remove the Roll bar ? I think it is ugly without the roll bar so i would like to keep it .

Any suggestion would be appreciated . Thank You

I saw the roller shutter advertised in Thailand for the old ranger, but not for the new ranger as yet. I recall the price was about 700USD. Not sure about the quality though - I've seen them in the UK on the new ranger for much more that this (as you can expect). If you do a google search on "new ford ranger" and roller shutter" you should find something. These shutters retain the original side rails and sports bar - they fit slightly down inside the bed.

i got my wt today.

very happy with it.

The auto lights need to be turned off manually which is weird...unless i am missing something.

Which ones....the cabin light?

If so I have a truck like that ....I need to turn the key after entering for the light to go off.

If not it stays on a few minutes....nice feature actually.

Congrats on the new truck!

Edited by flying

Ford did it to me again, we cancelled our wildtrack order 2 weeks ago and ask for refund of deposit, They have been giving me the runaround, finally Ford/Thailand said we can get it on the 11th and dealer says no can't habe it till 17th now. I thought refunds were east to get. next step a lawyer@

I guess you need that 5k real bad to fill up the Vigo's tank?

A lawyer? For 5000 baht? Right.....

Everyone knows that bugger all happens for up to 7 days either side of Songkran; it's like Thanksgiving f*cks up the US commercial calendar every year for about 2 months.

Now chill.... this is the Ford Ranger thread and not the I-wanted-a-Ranger-so-bad-I-could-taste-it-but-they-pissed-me-off-so-much-I-went-all-som-nam-nah-on-them-and-bought-a-Vigo-instead-and-they-are-still-screwing-with-me thread.

I guess you need that 5k real bad to fill up the Vigo's tank?

A lawyer? For 5000 baht? Right.....

Everyone knows that bugger all happens for up to 7 days either side of Songkran; it's like Thanksgiving f*cks up the US commercial calendar every year for about 2 months.

Now chill.... this is the Ford Ranger thread and not the I-wanted-a-Ranger-so-bad-I-could-taste-it-but-they-pissed-me-off-so-much-I-went-all-som-nam-nah-on-them-and-bought-a-Vigo-instead-and-they-are-still-screwing-with-me thread.

Yep the country is at a standstill for the next week. Might as well get out, get drunk, and get wet, like everyone else...

Also it seems strange to me you think you are entitled to a refund of the deposit... Dont they have every right to keep that if the purchase falls through?

i got my wt today.

very happy with it.

The auto lights need to be turned off manually which is weird...unless i am missing something.

Great news, congrats!

Did you get the 4x4 or 4x2?

I'm only asking to see if the Dunlops are 4x4 specific or Wildtrak.

i got my wt today.

very happy with it.

Great news, congrats!

The Chiang Mai dealer told me that Dunlops or Bridgestone is random, or more likely whichever batch of tyres they have in stock. He had XLTs awaiting customers with both, but not mixed ;-)

i got my wt today.

very happy with it.

Great news, congrats!

I got the 4x4

Not sure about the tires, I will go see on my next ciggy break.

Anyone interested in the CRV smile.png

Also the tires on the WT is Dunlop Grande. Not sure if they are good or sheet.

Nice ride - I saw a big black beauty on Petchaburi Road yesterday. I'd love a pickup but they're not conducive to my current lifestyle.

we must have got our CRVs near the same time - I had the same 2 letters on my number plate. Woman I sold it to just resold it flood damaged, poor gal.

Anyone interested in the CRV smile.png

Also the tires on the WT is Dunlop Grande. Not sure if they are good or sheet.

Your ranger will probably be cheaper to run than crv, better fuel economy and cheaper diesel:)

Can you comment back on the performance of the 2.2 (how does it compare to your crv). Is he acceleration adequate or does it feel 'heavy'. How about the ride on various surfaces (I read its good off the tarmac and better than the ride of the bt50, and how is your fuel economy around town?

I've read all the reviews, which are mostly from overseas. Would like some input from local rides:)