Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Got a call from the dealer today, my 2.2 4 door 2 wd Wildtrak that I ordered in June "might" be delivered this month......I was expecting Jan or Feb and since I'm not home at the moment I told them to put it off till then.

Let's see what happens......

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if the screen in the Ranger can accept a video input such as from a reverse camera?

It can't. Even the OEM reversing camera in the vapourware 3.2L Wildtrak is displayed on a TFT screen built into the rearview mirror.

Got a call from the dealer today, my 2.2 4 door 2 wd Wildtrak that I ordered in June "might" be delivered this month......I was expecting Jan or Feb and since I'm not home at the moment I told them to put it off till then.

My wife also got a call last week from the dealer in Pattaya that we can get the truck now (exactly same model as yours) due to canselations.

Sadly I am working overseas now so she told them end of Jan 2013 we would like one.

My wife also got a call last week from the dealer in Pattaya that we can get the truck now (exactly same model as yours) due to canselations.

Sadly I am working overseas now so she told them end of Jan 2013 we would like one.

If you say 'no' to their offer,they may drop you of the list...make sure it does not happen.It did happen to someone I know...

If you say 'no' to their offer,they may drop you of the list...make sure it does not happen.It did happen to someone I know...

Well not sure they can drop me off the list as I have paid the deposit, but I'm sure you are right that they could delay it a lot more. My wife told them they will have to wait till I get back in Jan and they didn't think that would be a problem.....

Does anyone know if the screen in the Ranger can accept a video input such as from a reverse camera?

It can't. Even the OEM reversing camera in the vapourware 3.2L Wildtrak is displayed on a TFT screen built into the rearview mirror.

Ok, thanks....was afraid of that.

Well not sure they can drop me off the list as I have paid the deposit, but I'm sure you are right that they could delay it a lot more. My wife told them they will have to wait till I get back in Jan and they didn't think that would be a problem.....

The deposit is one thing...the waiting list is another...anything goes smile.png

Yep that was the same my wife was told, the contract is signed (old price) so I really can't see why they want to do that and probaly loose another customer. Anybody want's to buy a City ZX (top model) 06 in Feb?

Sorry for strange post, very slow connection from my ship outside Singapore.

What I meant to post was: we were also told that we can have the car next year

and the contract is not canceled, why should they? Most probably loose another customer

which can't be in their interest.

Does anyone know where and if you can buy Wildtrak accessories? I would like to get the roof rail and the roll bar. Don't really like the ones from carryboy. Initially I wanted to order a WT but didn't want to wait 7 or so months.

I think,the Sport Lid GRX by Carryboy looks actually pretty good...

http://www.carryboysportlid.com/grx.php

Does anyone know where and if you can buy Wildtrak accessories? I would like to get the roof rail and the roll bar. Don't really like the ones from carryboy. Initially I wanted to order a WT but didn't want to wait 7 or so months.

http://www.carryboys...lid.com/grx.php

That one does look quite nice but it would not allow me to transport our mountain bikes or other stuff I'm afraid.

That one does look quite nice but it would not allow me to transport our mountain bikes or other stuff I'm afraid.

I'm thinking about the same,that's why I'm still waiting for some other company to redesign their product to fit the New Ranger... but I'm waiting a long time now,so that may not be happening...

...in that case I would get the GRX,but if I'm going to transport the motorbike,or something tall,I'll just take the lid off...I think this can be arranged quite easy.

I'm thinking about the same,that's why I'm still waiting for some other company to redesign their product to fit the New Ranger... but I'm waiting a long time now,so that may not be happening...

...in that case I would get the GRX,but if I'm going to transport the motorbike,or something tall,I'll just take the lid off...I think this can be arranged quite easy.

The ford sales guy told me that he thought that they might offer some WT features beginning 2013. I just want to get the roof rails and the very 'fashionable' black roll bar at the back. Carry boy does offer something that does look 'alright' regarding the roll bar but I rather have the WT stuff hehehe

A while back I posted about throttle lag with my Ford Ranger 2.2 XLT auto. Since then, I've taken it to 6 different Ford dealers trying to get it fixed. Finally, Ford Srinakarindera (towards Rama II/Bang Bo, not the one by Paradise/Hua Mak) told me there was finally a new firmware update that should solve the problem (Ford Australia had a firmware update for this 8 months ago). Anyway, if you have been noticing unacceptably sluggish acceleration at low RPMs and no kickdown, then this firmware helps. Unfortunately, the other Fords had no idea about firmware updates. Some just told me it was impossible to update the firmware. Other Fords just told me it was normal.

I still have occasional problems with strange gear/clutch rubbing noises when in 2nd and 3rd gears. It has nothing to do with shifting because it happens while in using "S" manual shift as well. It is almost like it is slipping out of gear and catching immediately before the RPMs shoot up. You can feel something hitting/rubbing... Anyone else notice this? I met one guy at the Ford dealer with the same problem. Ford has no idea what it is. They just keep tightening my trans to no avail.

I also noticed that my fuel tank doesn't register that the tank is getting full until after 18-25 liters. So if I put 500 baht in, it will sometimes still say it is empty (fuel gauge and miles 'til empty meter). It doesn't really bother me, except there must be some kind of warning system in the Ranger that starts cutting power intermittently to compel people to fill up before driving dry (the manual suggests some warning mechanism like this). So even if I know there is fuel in the tank, the truck starts chugging and I have to fill up again. The next 500 baht puts it right at half tank, even though 500 should only put it at quarter! When I told Ford about this, they said it was normal and they couldn't do anything about it.

One last thing, when I bought my truck, I negotiated for Rust protection/ Wax ever 6 months for 2 years because another poster said that was what he got. Now Ford is saying they always put rust and wax protection on each truck before selling it and that is all they will actually give me. No after sales service. Same thing with free service from 15,000km to 100,000km. They say that all Ford vehicles get free service from 15,000-100,000--you just have to pay for parts.

Had a laugh (at myself) earlier this week. When I was at the pump I asked for 1000 baht's worth of diesel, when finished I paid the guy and drove off as normal. Having other things on my mind, I got about 3 km down the road until I realised my guage was still showing empty! I pulled over and switched my ignition off/on thinking that would 'clear it' but alas was still showing empty. My next reaction was that I had been duped and I was prepared to go back and give the sneeky miscreant pump attendant the 'good news' but luckily for both of us before I could make the u-turn to get back to the pump, my fuel gauge started to rise and began to register the 'km distance to pump' - this was about 10 mins after refueling. Phew! That could have been embarrassing smile.png

Edit: Forgot to say that the reason for posting this was I noted Thaimilto had an issue with his fuel gauge. Right, carry on.

Edited by Ungabunga

Had a laugh (at myself) earlier this week. When I was at the pump I asked for 1000 baht's worth of diesel, when finished I paid the guy and drove off as normal. Having other things on my mind, I got about 3 km down the road until I realised my guage was still showing empty! I pulled over and switched my ignition off/on thinking that would 'clear it' but alas was still showing empty. My next reaction was that I had been duped and I was prepared to go back and give the sneeky miscreant pump attendant the 'good news' but luckily for both of us before I could make the u-turn to get back to the pump, my fuel gauge started to rise and began to register the 'km distance to pump' - this was about 10 mins after refueling. Phew! That could have been embarrassing smile.png

Edit: Forgot to say that the reason for posting this was I noted Thaimilto had an issue with his fuel gauge. Right, carry on.

I had a glitch with the 'miles till empty' function a couple of refills ago. I turned on the ignition about half way through the fillup to see that the fuel gauge needle was moving up, then turned the ignition off again. When she was full, and I started up and pulled out, the gauge indicated full but the 'miles till empty' has 'stuck' at 680 km (about what it would have been when I toggled the ignition to check) where normally a full tank indicates +820 km. It stayed that way until about 4 hours of driving when it started tracking down normally. Earlier posts on the this thread have reported low 'miles till empty' figures changing overnight while parked up so it is probably safe to say the technology used aint foolproof. The lowest I have let it go on the 'miles to go' before filling up is about 35km. At that point the fuel gauge needle was right on the lowest (empty) mark.

The ford sales guy told me that he thought that they might offer some WT features beginning 2013. I just want to get the roof rails and the very 'fashionable' black roll bar at the back. Carry boy does offer something that does look 'alright' regarding the roll bar but I rather have the WT stuff hehehe

Stranfe, Ive been buying wildtrak and sending it back to OZ, press your dealer a bit harder.

The lowest I have let it go on the 'miles to go' before filling up is about 35km. At that point the fuel gauge needle was right on the lowest (empty) mark.

Not by choice but Ive had mine down to 6km to go, usually when the light comes on I try to fill it up at that point.

Stranfe, Ive been buying wildtrak and sending it back to OZ, press your dealer a bit harder.

The lowest I have let it go on the 'miles to go' before filling up is about 35km. At that point the fuel gauge needle was right on the lowest (empty) mark.

Not by choice but Ive had mine down to 6km to go, usually when the light comes on I try to fill it up at that point.

Any way to turn the audio fuel low warning off? The light is sufficient.

...it doesn't sound,if you don't run it on fumes biggrin.png

...seriously now,I've found a small beeper like device under the passenger seat...maybe that's it...easy to disconnect,I guess...

...seriously now,I've found a small beeper like device under the passenger seat...maybe that's it...easy to disconnect,I guess...

Isn't that for your rear sensors?

...yes,that's it...smile.png ....so,you're on your own wink.png

...yes,that's it...smile.png ....so,you're on your own wink.png

At least you now know how to stop that annoying beep, when you're reversing close to an obstacle cheesy.gif

May I ask where you bought your WT features? Was that at a Thai Ford dealer? What kind of features were / are available?

I have purchased wildtrak headlights/tailights/puddle lamp mirrors ans roof rails. from a ford dealer in BKK,

I will check the microcat when I get back to work to see if I can find you the part numbers for the WT Rollbar.

What about the reverse camera and mirror?

Easiest way is just to keep the tank 1/4 full. Besides it is not good to run the tank down to the bottom of the fuel.