Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Hello NanLaew,

I'm from Malaysia. Please tell me what Castrol Magnatec grade oil was used for your service. Was it Magnatec A5 or Magnatec A1?

Thanks in advance.

Believe A1 is for cold climates and to be honest l think both are too thin an oil for our climate. sad.png

A5 5W-30 which is the right stuff for the low-sulphur content diesel in LOS according to the owners manual.

I will stick to a higher grade synthetic for our climate temperatures. smile.png

Old engine technology mentality? There's a few here that took their new Ranger's for an oil change at 10,000km or even sooner because that's what they are used to. It's their money I guess.

If I was driving a truck with a low-tech US engine on the 610 loop in Houston in the summer time, or 4-wheeling in the Aussie outback, then it makes sense. In Thailand, it just aint that hot IMHO.

Edited by NanLaew

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think l will stick to my idea AND handbook recommendation. As for old diesels, well l do not feel the ''modern'' diesel is ''modern'' tech, very different to petrol modern tech. My handbook advice below. smile.png

No argument with that. It's for your Toyota after all.

The Ranger manual doesn't reference temperature ranges, only fuel sulphur content. Since Rangers (and Evoques) are variously being driven in Inverness, Windhoek, Ranong and Coober Pedy with the same lube spec, I would assume that there must be some level of design or materials improvement in the diesel engines over the last 8-10 years no? Having said that, maybe these synthetic lubes are the 'palm oil' of the automotive world in that they can tolerate higher temperatures for longer without breaking down and making your gai tort taste like crap.

Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've been getting great service from Isuzu for years.

As far as the wait time for Hondas, it could be a marketing device as well. If it's worth having, it's worth waiting for. But again, I still think a lot of the current (excessive) lead time has to do with the government incentives and the flood. I think a month wait is reasonable.

That said, I think they (Honda) are building a new US$400M plant in Indonesia.

Nice!

Thanks, far from perfect as they had to straighten the bodyline as it "dipped" under the badge and in the right angle it has a bit meh ripple, but considering I gave the panel guy a white tailgate with badge and handle I got it back (fitted) for 3000b.

I cannot complain.

The plan to open the tailgate will be a hidden "button" underneath the bottom lip which will basically be a push rod that will actuate the oem mechanism that is still fitted, work in progress though hence the tailgate bedliner is not fitted.

Nice!

Thanks, far from perfect as they had to straighten the bodyline as it "dipped" under the badge and in the right angle it has a bit meh ripple, but considering I gave the panel guy a white tailgate with badge and handle I got it back (fitted) for 3000b.

I cannot complain.

The plan to open the tailgate will be a hidden "button" underneath the bottom lip which will basically be a push rod that will actuate the oem mechanism that is still fitted, work in progress though hence the tailgate bedliner is not fitted.

I am interested in the paint job on your 'bright work'; the rear bumper. I saw and older, red Ranger up here that had tried it but it was flaking off and looked terrible. I reckon you should do the door handles, wing mirror pods and the running bars as well. On an Aussie Ranger forum, some guy had the blue bits on the Ford badges redone in black and that looked really nice on the all-black WT.

I had a British Racing Green Dodge Ram 4x4 pickup in the US that came with all these chrome bits color matched to the body and it looked superb. I like the idea of the concealed tailgate latch. I also had an OEM tray cover with gas struts on the Ram that included a color matched plate with a lock that fitted over the existing non-locking tailgate latch and made the lines smooth and the tray very secure. I am thinking about getting the 'Super Up' cover for my Ranger but need to see how it locks and if there's too much of a lip that fits over and around the top of the truck bed. IMHO, these that have a heavy overlapping rim look oversized and spoil the lines. The one I had in the US had a simple hollow gasket (like a fridge door) on all four edges and simply pressed down on the top of the tray. The weight of the lid and pull of the gas struts was sufficient to stop rain and dirt getting in even at speed and on the road where there was more body flexing.

Anyway, someone whacked my shiny chrome rear bumper the other day so if you can recommend the Pattaya shop that can 'un-ding' it and then spray the chrome the same colour as my bodywork (gunmetal blue), I would appreciate the info. PM me if it is easier.

Thanks,

NL

Hi all I have WT 3.2 on order since August and have been told it will be ready for collection in end of Feb.13. I am in Europe so can't stay

on top of it with the dealer is there any chance of this happening has any other members ordered one at the same time any information.

Thanks in advance.

Hello all,

I would like to rent a pick-up in the week of 17 Dec 2012 in Bangkok for 5 days.

I am looking to rent extended cab high rise versions of Ford Ranger 2.2 XLT Hi-Rider, Mitsubishi Triton Plus 2.5 GLX, Toyota Hilux Smart Cab Pre-Runner 2.5 E.

A suitable rental fee would be provided. If you are open to that, please feel free to PM me.

Yay! Got a phonecall from my Ford Showroom yesterday who informed me that the car is ready to be picked up on the 23rd this month. Only had to wait 2.5 months which is faster than expected. Sales person said that it would take 3-4 months.

If I regsiter the car on the 23rd this month does that mean that the car will be automatically 1 year old on the 1st of January 2013? Anyone more info on this? Would it be better to wait registrating the car till 1st of January?

Yay! Got a phonecall from my Ford Showroom yesterday who informed me that the car is ready to be picked up on the 23rd this month. Only had to wait 2.5 months which is faster than expected. Sales person said that it would take 3-4 months.

If I regsiter the car on the 23rd this month does that mean that the car will be automatically 1 year old on the 1st of January 2013? Anyone more info on this? Would it be better to wait registrating the car till 1st of January?

Buyers always look at the date of the first registration,so waiting 7 days it's a good thing...the truck will be still 2012 thou...

Hi all,

i am a newbie to join this forum. is there anyone know where i can get the genuine ford ranger door visor and bonnet protector in thailand and export to Malaysia? i having a hard time getting this items.

Thanks for everyone help

Try ebay.com

or

www.auto191.com

or

www.champpradubyont.com

Edited by gosompoi

Buyers always look at the date of the first registration,so waiting 7 days it's a good thing...the truck will be still 2012 thou...

date of first registration will be when the blue book and plates are issued which will be another 2 or 3 months down the track so I wouldn't worry too much!!

I just made a longer trip last week (2.2L XLT 4 dr) that included Doi Inthanon and Golden Triangle loop,so mostly 'hilly' roads...

On the way up to Doi Inthanon with 4 people and travel luggage, the fuel consumption (can't call it economy here) was staggering 14.9 L/100km !!...but that ALL UP the hill smile.png ...average including way down(mostly low gear on manual setting) was 9.2L/100km=10.87km/L.

The way from Chiang Rai to CM (including hills) was better at 7.2L/100km=13.89km/L....that's more like it (of course those readings are from on-board computer)...I'm pretty happy with the truck,no issues whatsoever...only sometimes can't see over the 'nose' on those steep descends biggrin.png

But was it a WT 3.2 or a 2.2 that you got ? The major delay is with the WT 3.2 but good luck with your

new drive anywaythumbsup.gif .

But was it a WT 3.2 or a 2.2 that you got ? The major delay is with the WT 3.2 but good luck with your

First wanted to order a 2 door WT but waitinglist was 7+ months. Instead ordered a 4door 2.2 XLT with a 3-4 months waiting list.

Car will arrive on the 23rd or so which is much faster than expected. Hope my Mrs likes the colour (sparkling gold) as she said that gold is old fashioned. Saw an awesome video clip of a sparkling gold xlt on youtube. Not sparkling at all... more a dark dessert colour....I wanted blue at first but she didn't like blue but wanted silver...I didn't like silver blink.png. Hope the colour turns out nicerolleyes.gif

First wanted to order a 2 door WT but waitinglist was 7+ months. Instead ordered a 4door 2.2 XLT with a 3-4 months waiting list.

Car will arrive on the 23rd or so which is much faster than expected. Hope my Mrs likes the colour (sparkling gold) as she said that gold is old fashioned. Saw an awesome video clip of a sparkling gold xlt on youtube. Not sparkling at all... more a dark dessert colour....I wanted blue at first but she didn't like blue but wanted silver...I didn't like silver blink.png. Hope the colour turns out nicerolleyes.gif

I am sure she will like the gold!! We are over in Europe and its like pulling hens teeth trying to get information

from the Ford salesman. The answer we get is no problem the car will be here the end of Feb.13 so will see

what will happen then. Good luck again with your new Ford and post a few pics of your early Christmas present biggrin.png .

Don't worry Gideon, all the ladies "dig" gold biggrin.png

I am sure she will like the gold!! We are over in Europe and its like pulling hens teeth trying to get information

from the Ford salesman. The answer we get is no problem the car will be here the end of Feb.13 so will see

what will happen then. Good luck again with your new Ford and post a few pics of your early Christmas present biggrin.png .

Thanks for your kind words. Will post pics asap :)

I noted that the regular Ranger's I saw in the UK all have the standard, box-section 'headache rack' mounted on the front of the truck bed. Same colour as the body, not the fancy tube-steel with fairings job that is common here or in the Ford brochure (same as fitted to WT's). Does anyone know if Ford Thailand sell these regular, workmanlike ones? I needed to carry some bamboo ladders the other day and didn't fancy laying them against the back edge of the cab roof.

Sent from Arkwrights in Udon Thani with an Asus eePad Transformer TF201 thingumabob.

I noted that the regular Ranger's I saw in the UK all have the standard, box-section 'headache rack' mounted on the front of the truck bed. Same colour as the body, not the fancy tube-steel with fairings job that is common here or in the Ford brochure (same as fitted to WT's). Does anyone know if Ford Thailand sell these regular, workmanlike ones? I needed to carry some bamboo ladders the other day and didn't fancy laying them against the back edge of the cab roof.

Sent from Arkwrights in Udon Thani with an Asus eePad Transformer TF201 thingumabob.

The vanilla XLT models (non Hi-Rider) come with external hook tray-backs and the 'headache bar' you speak of.

The vanilla XLT models (non Hi-Rider) come with external hook tray-backs and the 'headache bar' you speak of.

Good to know, thanks. That means it is available locally. The captive nuts for mounting are already there so should be a bolt-on job. I will check with my dealer.