Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Maybe if your playing rawk music. Try playing the Orb, Underworld or Leftfield through the speakers. They can't handle the bass, unless you turn the bass right down, which kind of defeats the object. Recommendations on how to improve this? Subwoofer? Don't want to change the audio out.

Cheapest adaption would be a amp with sub . The amp would cut all the low tones from the main speakers ( so they can focus on middle and high tones ) and the bass would be handled by the sub . The amp would also improve control over the main speakers , keeping them more focussed .

The sound is actually good for a standard system , but it isn't a comparison with a real aftermarket system .

Can you hook the amp up to the stock system? I can't do that in my civic unfortunately. Could the amp go under the front seat, and where would you put a sub also, in a pickup?

Under the passenger seat being most common. Can bolt to floor or bracket to the seat so that it slides back/forward staying out of the way.

Sent from Android please allow errors in type or judgment.

Would better speakers improve bass handling? I don't plan on cruising round the hood scaring the old folk wink.png Just that bass heavy music distorts the stock speakers.

Edited by MESmith

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pop a wheel off, I guarantee the mounting faces to be rusty.

Received a call from FORD HQ Bangkok yesterday regarding the rust concerns. Any rust that appears on the car will be included under the warranty policy. Also, any rust found on the fuel injection will not damage or interfere with the engine. If you see rust on your car you can bring it to your dealer who will then either provide you with a spray or will remove the rust for you. These were the exact words of FORD HQ BKK. They've also posted (in Thai) an announcement regarding the rust concerns on the Ford Thailand Facebook page.

Would better speakers improve bass handling? I don't plan on cruising round the hood scaring the old folk wink.png Just that bass heavy music distorts the stock speakers.

you can get one's with a dash (or other) mounted dial that enables you to turn up/down the bass... down for the old folks and up when the fresh, fly honeys be checkin' your ride...

Also can be controlled from your stereo providing it has subwoofer controls in the menu

Cheapest adaption would be a amp with sub . The amp would cut all the low tones from the main speakers ( so they can focus on middle and high tones ) and the bass would be handled by the sub . The amp would also improve control over the main speakers , keeping them more focussed .

The sound is actually good for a standard system , but it isn't a comparison with a real aftermarket system .

Can you hook the amp up to the stock system? I can't do that in my civic unfortunately. Could the amp go under the front seat, and where would you put a sub also, in a pickup?

Under the passenger seat being most common. Can bolt to floor or bracket to the seat so that it slides back/forward staying out of the way.

Sent from Android please allow errors in type or judgment.

I did that in my old truck and it improved the sound(bass)...but stop at any car audio store,they my have some other solution.I've noticed ones some flat box that you mount under the seat that looks like something easy to instal bass enhancer...I think the price was about 7K Baht...

You got subs in different kinds of options . The easiest , no building whatsoever is a finish which includes a small box , a amp and a X-over . The junctions are made for car audio out , so no extra amp needed . Nearly all brands make them and are available from roughly 4000 bath to 10000 baht . The quality from hear/say is good if you do not want a pounding car . This box is so small it fits nearly everywhere , under the dash , under the seats and behind the rear seat . The better option is a sub apart with amp . For a 4 doors Ranger/BT50 there is room behind the back seat for a thin sized subwoofer . There are pics on the internet from people who have done it . Under the seat here is mostly not done due to the size . The amp can fit nearly everywhere but normally if you have the subbox behind your backseat it is easier to put it next to it .

Most amps have IN's for car stereo ( high level imput ) , if not then a small box which transforms it back to low level is been put in .

New speakers would improve the sound , but it all is up the the quality desired and price you are looking at .

Simplest aftermarkets , would not provide a lot better sound then this , while a high end Focal / Morel / Dynaudio or something together with full damping and Audison Bit one or ten could provide real high end sound ( at a pricetag off course ) .

For simplest of upgrades would be a subbox with amp included and if you are aiming a bit higher then i would certainly look at changing the front speakers , put a decent amp in and a small sub . This would give 99% of the listeners plenty of quality and quantity .

Hi all,

i am a newbie to join this forum. is there anyone know where i can get the genuine ford ranger door visor and bonnet protector in thailand and export to Malaysia? i having a hard time getting this items.

Thanks for everyone help

ring a Ford dealer, they can buy for you.

Hi all,

i am a newbie to join this forum. is there anyone know where i can get the genuine ford ranger door visor and bonnet protector in thailand and export to Malaysia? i having a hard time getting this items.

Thanks for everyone help

Ford Malaysia is not selling any accessories for ford ranger. I try ford thailand but they don't ship to malaysia due to policy issue.

Edited by zerogenome

Hi all,

Thanks for everyone help

Ford Malaysia is not selling any accessories for ford ranger. I try ford thailand but they don't ship to malaysia due to policy issue.

You can try here: http://www.rstyleracing.com/?ContentID=ContentID-100929165326187

Though their link for the new ranger seems to be broken.You can email them and ask if they have the part you want and if they can deliver.

Failing that, make a trip over the border and get the parts from a dealer in the south. Might need to order it in advance though

Hi all,

Thanks for everyone help

You can try here: http://www.rstylerac...100929165326187

Though their link for the new ranger seems to be broken.You can email them and ask if they have the part you want and if they can deliver.

Failing that, make a trip over the border and get the parts from a dealer in the south. Might need to order it in advance though

Thanks for the link.

Can you WT owners list what freebies you received? They told me when I put the deposit down but that has been so long ago that I forget what they were wink.png

I seem to remember that First class insurance was not included....is that right?

Can you WT owners list what freebies you received? They told me when I put the deposit down but that has been so long ago that I forget what they were wink.png

I seem to remember that First class insurance was not included....is that right?

I guess the insurance depends of the moment at which you ordered... if it was before the price hike, then it was included.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Is there still a waiting period for this truck? Will move here semi-permanently in a few months and in Thailand now for about a week, should I order now if I want one in March/April 2013? Thinking 4dr 2.2AT XLT or Wildtrak.

I reckon if you order now, you should have no problem with a late Q1 2013 delivery.

I think the waiting period may be getting shorter as I see more XLT's and WT's on the roads but it would also depend on where you were placing your order. Various posters on this thread were being given all sorts of bs from salesmen when it was commonly known that the floods affected the deliveries of components to the Rayong factory and that the priority for the 3.2's assembly in Thailand was for the Australian market. I only had to wait about 4 months for my 2.2 XLT and that was in the middle of the big delays at the start of 2012.

I must say that Ford have come up with some great colours. Saw a bright red one up here in the boonies yesterday, l pictured it with yellow flames on the hood and wings thumbsup.gif, after it had a cheap chip fitted of course. laugh.png

There was a flaming red one on Thonglor Sunday afternoon... Apparently seems to be appreciated also by Hi-so thais on par with Porsche, Lambo or Benz which habitually park in this area.

To be honest, I wanted a 'True Red' XLT but back in April, when deliveries were totally hit-and-miss, I accepted the Gunmetal Blue one that suddenly came available late on a Friday afternoon. The following Monday afternoon, it was parked in my driveway.

Incidentally, I got an sms today from Tisco finance that refers me to the government's "first car" tax-waiver website or the Tisco hotline. Since I am a non tax-paying 'resident' of Thailand, I won't be doing anything but interested to hear if anyone else here on Tisco finance got the sms and are in a position to take advantage of the offer. If the truck is in your partner's name and her first, should be worth a few bob no? I think one of the conditions (among others) is no resale for 5-years?

Hi guys,

I'll be picking up my new ranger soon. It only comes with a Thai-language owners manual. Does anybody know where I can get a hold of the English version? I've also searched for downloads but didn't find anything that seemed straight-foward and legit. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi guys,

I'll be picking up my new ranger soon. It only comes with a Thai-language owners manual. Does anybody know where I can get a hold of the English version? I've also searched for downloads but didn't find anything that seemed straight-foward and legit. Any ideas?

Thanks

Somewhere earlier in this thread someone posted an English-language pdf file of the manual. Browse a few pages before.

Popped into Pattaya Ford yesterday to see if there was any update on the 3.2 WT we ordered last Feb, no new updates or any other guesstimate other than it is still looking like Feb 13. Saw a nice White 2.2 WT that had been fitted with the roller cover on the back and the sales girl assured us (yes I know!!) that there is a place in Pattaya that now fits them, it looked like a nice job to me though she didn't know the rate for getting one. The showroom and car park around the back was rammed and there was a Chilli Orange 3.2 awaiting collection so it looks like they are getting through now but when we had a look through the order book the last orders for the 3.2 WT was B50K more than when we ordered

.... Saw a nice White 2.2 WT that had been fitted with the roller cover on the back and the sales girl assured us (yes I know!!) that there is a place in Pattaya that now fits them, it looked like a nice job to me though she didn't know the rate for getting one. ...

Anyone have any experience with getting these roller covers installed? If there's some place installing them in the Pattaya area, that would be handy to know.

Edited by NanLaew

.... Saw a nice White 2.2 WT that had been fitted with the roller cover on the back and the sales girl assured us (yes I know!!) that there is a place in Pattaya that now fits them, it looked like a nice job to me though she didn't know the rate for getting one. ...

Anyone have any experience with getting these roller covers installed? If there's some place installing them in the Pattaya area, that would be handy to know.

Fitted a Tontop, very professional and reasonable 8500 baht too. http://tontop.co.th/ I contacted by email at first.

You can order a Roller Lid (or Roller-Up) for your WT through Boy Air & Sound, north Pattaya (Sukhumvit Soi 5 near Isuzu and Mazda dealers). I spoke with him couple of weeks ago and seems there are a few versions available by different manufacturers. Its a shame that we can't get the OEM one thats available for the Aus market.

Here's one example. Raiton Lock http://www.raitonlock.com/product.detail_670205_th_4646873

Carryboy have one too. http://www.carryboysportlid.com/rollerlid.php

You can order a Roller Lid (or Roller-Up) for your WT through Boy Air & Sound, north Pattaya (Sukhumvit Soi 5 near Isuzu and Mazda dealers). I spoke with him couple of weeks ago and seems there are a few versions available by different manufacturers. Its a shame that we can't get the OEM one thats available for the Aus market.

Here's one example. Raiton Lock http://www.raitonloc...0205_th_4646873

Carryboy have one too. http://www.carryboys...m/rollerlid.php

My Tontop (tontop.co.th) soft tonneau cover is strong enough my two kids sit on top of it when it is closed. The dog and cat sleep on it without making a dent or marks.

First service & 15002 km at Teekacharoen Ford in Udon Thani. I made the appointment yesterday for the 08:30 slot and it was ready within the 2 hours they stated. Looks like a total of 8 and a half liters of Castrol Magnatec plus they ran the engine with some EZI engine internal flush before the oil change. Air filter was also replaced and they rotated the tires that I requested. Oil was 1385 baht, flush was 230 baht, filter was 235 and with cleaning and some other bits (a 30 baht o-ring), the total was 3606 baht. The lady also sold me on their Scheduled Service Plan that promises 15% savings on the remaining factory recommended services (from 30,000 km onwards).

Hello NanLaew,

I'm from Malaysia. Please tell me what Castrol Magnatec grade oil was used for your service. Was it Magnatec A5 or Magnatec A1?

Thanks in advance.

Believe A1 is for cold climates and to be honest l think both are too thin an oil for our climate. sad.png

A5 5W-30 which is the right stuff for the low-sulphur content diesel in LOS according to the owners manual.